Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 03:46:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696473
  • Total Topics: 118770
  • Online Today: 540
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 463
Total: 468

Recent

Author Topic: Spoons' Militia  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Spoons' Militia
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »
I believe the Too Fat Lardies have an ECW rules set under development. If it is anything like the Sharpe Practice set it will work very well fo 20-50 figure per side scrums.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »
So far I am resisting, more things to do.
With such beautiful models and paintjob you show us here, I don't know if I can resist anymore. Please do not tempt us so much!!
argsilverson

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 09:58:39 PM »
I believe the Too Fat Lardies have an ECW rules set under development. If it is anything like the Sharpe Practice set it will work very well fo 20-50 figure per side scrums.

I could see myself starting out with 'Gloire!', then moving on with a variant of LotHS, and finally a ruleset like SP....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Hektor von Kreuzberg

• Student
    • Hektors Homepage
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 02:22:13 AM »
 :o Wow, what beautiful pictures. In German, we say: a big-screen. Figures and landscape are fantastic. I like your style of painting. The colors are very natural. Could I ask, what colors do you use?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
I like your style of painting. The colors are very natural. Could I ask, what colors do you use?

Well, I can't quite help you there because I didn't paint these ones, I only retouched them a little, did the scenic basing and then set up and took the pictures.
Your fellow Berliner Michael Siwak (a.k.a. 'Baner') did the painting - although the reason I asked him to help me 'fast-track' my C17th collection is because his style is quite close to mine.
He's painting 100 figures for me, to my specification, although in terms of the exact colours he is using (or even what brand of paint he works with) you'd need to ask him.  ;)

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »

Well, I can't quite help you there because I didn't paint these ones, I only retouched them a little, did the scenic basing and then set up and took the pictures.
Your fellow Berliner Michael Siwak (a.k.a. 'Baner') did the painting - although the reason I asked him to help me 'fast-track' my C17th collection is because his style is quite close to mine.
He's painting 100 figures for me, to my specification, although in terms of the exact colours he is using (or even what brand of paint he works with) you'd need to ask him.  ;)

Is there a website where Michael Siwak's work is featured? I searched the net for 'Baner' or Siwak, but can't find anything.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »

Is there a website where Michael Siwak's work is featured? I searched the net for 'Baner' or Siwak, but can't find anything.

Benbow,

No - I don't think Michael has a website. He posts a lot of his stuff on the Steve Dean forum, and if you search for his posts there under 'Baner', I'm sure you'll find quite a few pictures he has posted in the last year or two.

He also sells his work on eBay as Pappenheim20055, and although he hasn't any items listed at the moment (he's probably - I hope - too busy finishing off my stuff!) if you look at his feedback, you can probably find some more pics of units he has painted and sold there recently.

Hope this helps

Blood  ;)

Offline Hektor von Kreuzberg

• Student
    • Hektors Homepage
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 11:12:44 PM »
Now this is embarrassing to me. I was impressed by the images  o_o so excited that I am not the text read. There are all the information. But thank you again for your reply.

Offline baner

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 08:49:38 AM »
Hellow for everybody! I am new here on your forum,glad to meet you all :)
I am this "Michael",many thanks for nice comments about my painting,but
itīs more desert of Captain Blood,because his usual exelent pictures,master basing work
and fantastic terrain make any painting work perfect ;) Thanks Richard!
I haveīt web-side but if you want to see how my painting is looking-
take a look here please:http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/baner20055/
and here:http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e256/baner6/.

For Hector von Kreuzberg: i use paints from different trends like many painters,i think.
There are foundry and vallejo,some p3 and placa,some GW paints too...
If somebody has any questions-please contact me any time.

many thanks for looking!
Cheers
baner