Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:50:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Future Wars Project - Zombies and Euro Cops. Mad Max Cars page 8.  (Read 31091 times)

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
Future Wars Project - Zombies and Euro Cops. Mad Max Cars page 8.
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:37:17 AM »
Hi , I just thought I'd post a few pictures since this seems to be a popular subject amongst a few of us here at the moment.

I had assembled some GW Zombies awhile ago with no real use for them . I thought I'd use them to practise painting Zombie skin colours as I have never tackled the subject before. I also used the new GW washes .

Some of them I like but they will do to fill out the numbers . I just wish I had used round bases and made them a little less Medieval.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:15:29 AM by Dan »

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
Re: Future Wars Project - Zombies and Euro Cops.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:43:53 AM »
Next up was John Jenkins Chinese party members .

Not that happy with the skin tone but really like them.

Next are the Copplestone figures which I do really like .

Westwind Ladies as a size comparison . The rest are still being painted.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:50:00 AM »
Some of my Euro Cop inspired force . Walking Flamer Unit thingys (not thought of a proper name for them yet) Repainted AT43 Spetsnatz Kolossus.

I used some WW2 German transfers on them as they would have been a bit plain otherwise and fit in with the theme.
I'm painting some Copplestone/EM4 Cops in a Euro scheme at the moment.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:52:22 AM by Dan »

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 07:23:18 AM »
Very Germanic in colour scheme.  I like the idea.  Someone with a better knowledge of German might come up with something better than this:

schwererPanzerPolitzeiArbeitsschutzkleidung mit Flammenwerfer or "sPPA Flamm" for short.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 07:53:25 AM »
Very Germanic in colour scheme.  I like the idea.  Someone with a better knowledge of German might come up with something better than this:

schwererPanzerPolitzeiArbeitsschutzkleidung mit Flammenwerfer or "sPPA Flamm" for short.

Almost perfect!

"Schwere Panzerpolizei-Arbeitsschutzkleidung mit Flammenwerfer".

Maybe one could substitute "Schutzanzug" for "Arbeitsschutzkleidung", but either one is good.

"Schwerer Panzerpolizei-Schutzanzug mit Flammenwerfer" or "sPPSA/Flamm" for short.

I like the stuff. The Chinese party members are hilarious, if totally unPC (not that this is a bad thing). I actually like the skin tone, but they might benefit from some darker shading in the deepest recesses of the face, to enhance the "bony/haggard" look. On the other hand, this might distract from a pale effect, so it might be best only tried on a single piece first.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:29:17 AM »
Thanks for the ideas for the names but I was hoping for something i could pronouce  ;)  how about Valkyries or would that be too Scandinavian? and probobly already over used .

I put Walking Flamer Suit into Babelfish and came up with gehende Flamerklage . So how about PanzerPolizeischwererGehendeFlamerklage or better Polizie Flamerklage? PPsGFK or PFK . Probobly not very good grammar.

German for Zombie is Zombie  :o

The Chinese figures have very flat faces so I think I would have to paint some shadows rather than use a wash .

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 11:04:03 AM by Dan »

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »
Valkyries ("Choosers of the Slain") are also Germanic - as "Die Walküre" (sp?) - of Apocalypse Now and Wagnerian Opera fame.  Though the implication is that the "pilots" would be female.

So in line with the naming convention use the full title as already posted and add a name like:

Forseti: god of law and justice and overseer of civic assemblies.

Fenris (Fenrir): the wolf son of Loki

Einherjar: collective name for the dead warriors gathered in Valhalla who go out into the couryard and battle by day, recover, and feast in the hall at night.

Jötnar (singular "jötunn): giants.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »
I put Walking Flamer Suit into Babelfish and came up with gehende Flamerklage . So how about PanzerPolizeischwererGehendeFlamerklage or better Polizie Flamerklage? PPsGFK or PFK . Probobly not very good grammar.

Totally wrong. But it´s Babelfish´s fault! It translated "suit" in the meaning of "lawsuit", not "suit which I might wear", i.e. German "Anzug".

If you want it short, try "Polizei-FlammPanzeranzug". Closest English translation would be "Police Flamer Armoured Suit" ("Flammpanzer" being a German term for "flamethrower tank", so you got a little pun in it as well).

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
Nice job, can never have enough zombies.
Had forgotten about those John Jenkins zeds, must order some!

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »
I'm afraid JJD doesn't make those zombies anymore, they've gone OOP same as the terracotta zombies, hopping vampires and jade mummy :(
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 08:18:40 PM »
How about Uber-Bullen? Or is that un-PC?  lol
Nice work.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Danny the Chimp

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »
I do love the John Jenkins party member meeting baloon death!

Great stuff!

Or as its Zombies is it Great snuff? I never understood Zombie etiquette.
He comes, he comes, Zalgo!

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 09:56:19 AM »
Nice models, especially the chinese party zombies. I also like the suits even though the German police has changed their livery from green to blue ;)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »
Thanks Chris , I think you've nailed it  8)

I was quite lucky with the John Jenkins models as I have all the weird stuff he did . I ordered them as soon as I saw them available.

Pil , that must have been a recent change as I Googled German Police only last week and only got the green and white livery . I really wanted to get away from Blue as it looks too American and I wanted a Euro feel for the whole Project .

The civillian force will be British themed with lots of Hasslefree and Foundry Future Wars figures .

The Army Unit will be Valhallens which I've had kicking around for ages , but dont know whether to go for a German or Russian look . :? 

Not sure how to explain the Armed Chimps but am thinking of having them controlling the Zombies . I hope Zombies dont like Chimp Brains  lol

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »
They used to be white and green, then they changed their cars to silver with green stickers, because it would be easier to sell the old cars, and now they changed the silver and green to silver and blue. However, there are still plenty of the green cars around too. That said, I really enjoy the colour scheme and I've been tempted to paint up some EM4 cops in green uniforms because it would just look really cool (but I have a Dutch themed force so my cops are just blue ;)). I'm looking forward to seeing some green cops BTW :)