Forum > Call of Cthulhu

Cthulhu/ AWI

(1/4) > >>

thejammedgatling:
Hi there,

I'm thinking of setting up a game of alternate American War of Independance and writing in a Cthulhu Mythos byline. I'm thinking redcoats defending a New England fishing town from hordes of deep ones or American militia fending off Indians supported by the Wendigo etc etc.. Now, I'm new to this part of the forum and have only played Cthulhu as an RPG so know little of the figures available. So sorry if it's an obvious request but ...where do I go for the figures and what rules set should I use to do something like this? Also, anyone else out there done something like this (love to see some pics).

Cheers
TJG

Captain Blood:
Lovely idea.
The Perrys have a huge AWI range for both their own label and Foundry. Pretty much the definitive range(s) I would say.
But if I was starting on AWI, I think I'd find it very hard to resist the 40mm offerings from Front Rank and Trident. Take a look here: http://www.miniatureservicecenter.com/msc-40mm.htm
Both the Front Rank and Trident AWI figures are little short of superlative. Trident also do a matching seafarers range which would suit your proposed scenario a treat.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone does 40mm Cthulhu though  :(
Otherwise, for this project, I think the 40mm stuff would be the way to go.

thejammedgatling:

--- Quote from: Captain Blood on September 07, 2008, 01:39:54 PM ---Lovely idea.
The Perrys have a huge AWI range for both their own label and Foundry. Pretty much the definitive range(s) I would say.

--- End quote ---

Cheers

I already have quite a few of the Perry AWI figures and some buildings to the scale. It was really more the Cthulhu stuff I was after plus anyone who has played something like this before who might have some advice.

Uncle Mike:
I use a number of models from a large range of lines to represent cthulhuish beasties in my games. Obviously the classic Bob Murch stuff is great, lots of Reaper models will also work quite nicely. And Dungeons and Dragons have a lot of cool monsters as well. I  like some old Celtos formorians and even some StarShip Troopers bugs look nasty with the addition of a couple tentacles...last hope, buy a cheapo underwater adventure pack from Toys R Us and hack away.

JollyBob:
RAFM do a lot of Cthulhu stuff (if you are in the UK I think Spirit Games stock them), and EM4 also have a range of beasts. Photos on the site don't do them justice though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version