Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley at Hammerhead 28th Feb 2015  (Read 14107 times)

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
Re: Pulp Alley at Hammerhead 28th Feb 2015
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:42 PM »
Ol' Snappy, did you get one of our "Fightin' Dirty" cards?  Dad was worried that they wouldn't arrive in time.

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 10:03:19 PM »
Got to play in the last game of the day - not at my best by then as my eyesight was feeling the strain - but the board was splendid. One slightly fiddly bit under a bridge, but overall the look was great. Just checking the price list now.....
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »
“Trouble at Mall”

So here we were yesterday in Mega-City 1, courtesy of Chris Abbey. Judges versus two criminal gangs using Pulp Alley rules and the Terra-Block scenery from Sally 4th, which Chris produces.

This is Chris explaining the rules of Pulp Alley, there were two criminal leagues and a league of Judges. I, of course, was a criminal.

One of my young opponents, playing the other criminal gang, being guided by his father, or was it the other way round?

My Leader and Side-Kick attempt a plot-point safe but it moved up a floor due to shrewd card play from The Law! I got it in the end though. First and last success of the game! I sent the rest of the league to secure the next plot point, a filing cabinet.

A Judge fires at a couple of perps trying to break into a vending machine (plot-point) down below.

The other gang attempts to break in through a window and I played a card which made it a perilous area for the rest of the game.

In turn 5 I couldn’t get my Leader and Side-Kick to the next plot point due to the Judges having the audacity to fire at me! So my allies and followers tried the filing cabinet, passing the peril but failing the challenge, 4 times!

In Turn 6 I tried the filing cabinet again. The allies and followers failed again to take the plot point and the game ended in an honourable draw. The Judges got a point for killing a ganger and the other criminal league managed a plot point in turn 6. There were big smiles all round as we had all thoroughly enjoyed the game with Chris and his son Lewis running it.

A big thank-you to Chris for a great game, it was great to meet you and have a chat. Thanks for the blast marker too. The Terra-Blocks are fantastic to play on and I am working out my order now! As always, the Pulp  Alley rules made the game speed along and it made for a great day out at Hammerhead. I shall post my pictures of the other games on the Events board and add a link here when I’ve had time to do it. A couple more photos below of the Terra-Blocks including Fothrington Hall which I shall definitely be buying.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:00:50 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 03:00:28 AM »
Thanks for the photos. Great looking set up.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »
WOW! Is that raised road for sale?? How much for a 4' long raised road? Would be AWESOME for my Cyberpunk table! :-*
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 08:46:24 AM »
Great set of photos, glad you enjoyed the game.
Unfortunately Pulp Alley promo cards got delayed in transit so we did not have any available at Hammerhead. We should have a good supply and we are scheduled to run Pulp Alley games and many more shows throughout the year. If you played at Hammerhead and would like one either send us a SAE or make a note on a Sally 4th order and we will happily send one out to you.

Glad you liked the raised dual carriageway. It does add a nice extra dimension to play. The raised walkways on 5cm square pillars are available now as part of the Terra-Block range, the dual carriageway is part of the Terra-City One, Wave two release and should be available some time next week. I will keep you posted.

We had a fantastic time running the Pulp Alley game, it was great to meet some of you and put names to faces, and as always Pulp Alley delivers the goods and provides fantastic entertainment for old and young alike.
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »
Photos of some of the other games at Hammerhead here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=72714.0
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:46:16 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »
Amazing photos. I really like those new interior pieces. Great for our Pulp Alley games.  :D :D

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 03:23:56 AM »
Thanks for the pics, Ol' Snappy. We sent off our fastest messenger yak racing in your direction today.  ;)

And a huge THANKS to Chris, Anne, and Louis for showing off Pulp Alley along with their marvelous Terra Blocks.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 07:38:41 AM »
We sent off our fastest messenger yak racing in your direction today.

That is very much appreciated, thanks to you and Mila. Glad you like the photos.

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2015, 10:27:38 PM »
That is very much appreciated, thanks to you and Mila. Glad you like the photos.

This would definitely qualify for a Pulp Alley Phantom Agent reward if you care to glab one, click before....
(Please be sure to read the details)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2015, 11:03:35 PM »
This would definitely qualify for a Pulp Alley Phantom Agent  reward if you care to grab one, click before....

I certainly care to grab one!  :-*

Order submitted, thanks again Mila.

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 08:41:38 PM »
I certainly care to grab one!  :-*

Order submitted, thanks again Mila.

Dad's favorite racing yak is making so many trips to Wee-Piddling Hall, it knows the way by heart.    lol lol

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2015, 10:18:11 PM »
Dad's favorite racing yak is making so many trips to Wee-Piddling Hall, it knows the way by heart.    lol lol

The Phipps racing yaks are always welcome. I make sure they get a good feed of Devon swede and turnip mash (and of course Scrumpy) before I send them back home to the good ole USA!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:34:32 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
Ol' Snappy, did you get one of our "Fightin' Dirty" cards?  Dad was worried that they wouldn't arrive in time.

Fightin' Dirty card arrived at Snapcase Hall today, Old Scrotum (the wrinkled and aged family retainer) has just brought the post in on a silver tray after discarding all bills into the waste bin!  lol

Thanks, Dave and Mila! The Phipps racing messenger Yak has been fed and cidered and is on his way back to you. Presumably American racing Yaks are not used to scrumpy as he seemed a trifle squiffy making his way down the drive from Snapcase Hall!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:43:15 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »