Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:41:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The incomparable Dejah Thoris! Last minute updates from Mike...  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
The incomparable Dejah Thoris! Last minute updates from Mike...
« on: December 13, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Well it has come down to the last 48 hours of the campaign!  It has been quite an exciting project with the release of a large number of cool new miniatures.  We are getting closer to unlocking the next stretch goal which is the skeletal guards II set and I'm hopeful this wont be long.  Yesterday, I received some new images of recently completed sculpts by David Soderquist which include the two female warriors with axes that are part of the unlocked stretch goal set, Egyptian Female Guards IV.  There is also an image of the 2nd Tomb Robber set, which is the final stretch goal reward that is available for the campaign.  I am going to post a few more images of these tomb robbing desperadoes in the gallery - they really are packed full of detail and character.  To give a better chance of reaching the Tomb Robber set I am going to reduce the goal to $13000 to unlock them.

I have another surprise for you all - three amazing new Add-Ons!  These are NOT stretch goal rewards, so there is no goal to be reached - Everyone can simply add them to their perk by making a contribution for the amount required and letting me know your selections.  I was not sure these models would be sculpted in time before the end of the campaign, but pharaoh's overseer is persuasive and reach of his whip is long ;)  The first Add-On was sculpted by Brother Vinni and is of a mummy kidnapping one of pharaoh's concubines, inspired by the Lon Chaney 1942 horror classic, The Mummy's Tomb.  This awesome set also includes a standing version of the concubine and is available for only $15.  The next new Add-On is the waterline crocodile sculpted by Andy Pieper - silently waiting in the Nile for a victim to snatch in its terrible jaws.  This model is 25mm x 50mm (the same dimensions as a horse base) and is only $5.  Finally, Dave Soderquist sculpted a lovely Egyptianised Dejah Thoris inspired model, called pharaoh's favourite.  Adorned in lots of gold and jewels and little else, pharaoh's favourite holds a mirror and is yours for only $5!  I thought it might be fun to end the campaign with a bang by surprising you all with these new Add-On models.  Thanks for your support and contributions - this range would not exist without them!  All the best Mike

From here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/egyptian-miniatures-iv/x/1587080#activity
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:19:57 PM by Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye »

Offline chirine ba kal

• Bookworm
    • chirine's workbench
Re: The incomparable Dejah Thoris! Last minute updates from Mike...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »
Oh, great. That's all we need; some moldy old embalmed guy wandering around the palace in the dead of night, making off with the ladies-in-waiting. We're gonna need those extra guards, you know, skeletal and otherwise...

*Sigh*. Makes you wonder why you took the job of Chief Porter at the palace, don't it?

Seriously, these are great add-ons and wonderful figures. I can see all sorts of uses for them, pulp and otherwise - you never have enough Sacred Crocodiles lurking in the garden pools, if you want my personal opinion... :)

- chirine

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
Can the stretch goal sets be taken as part of the pledge or is that strictly only the first listed 12 sets?

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 04:45:40 PM »
Can the stretch goal sets be taken as part of the pledge or is that strictly only the first listed 12 sets?

Well the higher levels include various numbers of the stretch goals free. That is, the highest one gets all the stretch goals, the next lowest those up to a certain level and the others have to be pledged for.

If you are meaning substitutions at the lower levels I am not sure but - personally - I have always found Mike very easy to deal with and, in the end, a pack of figures is a pack of figures so - personally I don't think it would be a problem.

But you might better ask Mike directly (via Indiegogo, or PM him here...see his main thread) to confirm...

Howard

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 06:33:55 PM »

But you might better ask Mike directly (via Indiegogo, or PM him here...see his main thread) to confirm...
Howard

Have done.... and yes, he will allow pledge rewards from only the stretch goals.
So I can get the adventurers (tomb robbers) and a selection of undead for some Egyptian style S&W/Osric games. :)

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »
Have done.... and yes, he will allow pledge rewards from only the stretch goals.
So I can get the adventurers (tomb robbers) and a selection of undead for some Egyptian style S&W/Osric games. :)

Those would be cool!  8)

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 07:32:28 PM »
Ordered i think the girl with the mummy makes a great DT also must haves for me again and so many great miniatures

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »
So skint at the moment. I could with so many of this range but it will have to wait until well into the new year  :(