Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:02:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New German-Herero War Skirmish Scenario Available  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Estorff

• Assistant
  • Eine große Schnurrbart & Pickelhaube sind alle
    • Cornflower Blue & Corduroy: Wargaming the German - Herero & Nama Wars of 1904-1908
New German-Herero War Skirmish Scenario Available
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:50:49 PM »
Dr. Roy Jones, Jr. and I are pleased to share a new skirmish scenario we have developed based on an incident that took place in 1904 in German Southwest Africa near a place called Uitkomst. 

At the outset of hostilities, the Hereros seem to have deliberately avoided making enemies of the colony's boer population, which in the Grootfontein district in particular outnumbered other settlers 2:1. A large war band led by Mbatona of Osondema moved north toward the Otavi Mountains, raiding German farms and outposts but telling the boers that they would not be harmed if they gathered together at one place and stayed out of the fighting that was to come.  As it happened, the small force available to the District Commander Oberlt. Richard Volkmann to oppose Mbatona would include a number of boers who cast their lot with the Germans.

Our scenario was designed for use with Roy and Eric Alvarado's Herero War Scenario and Rules Book (a variant of TSATF) that was published earlier this year.  It calls for boers as well as Germans (Schutztruppen and war volunteers or "freiwilligen"), with new rules for each unit type. You can download a .pdf of the scenario at my blog http://omaheke.blogspot.com/2014/12/ambush-at-uitkomst-by-abbott-and-jones.html and find an extensive series of posts on the research that went into its development under the label 'Uitkomst'.  If you decide to give them a try, we are eager to know how it went.  Roy's blog is http://hererowars.com/

Cheers,

\"crushing the people like this was in equal measure cruel and insane.  One could have saved many of them and their herds, if one had spared them and given them refuge; they had been punished enough.  I suggested this to General von Trotha, but he wanted their complete destruction.\" - L. v.Estorff

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New German-Herero War Skirmish Scenario Available
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »
Keep up the good work,I need to get my group to play,I have all these figures that need to see the table.