Forum > Workbench

The generic tools thread.

<< < (9/14) > >>

Billchuck:

--- Quote from: scatterbrains on January 31, 2020, 12:15:40 PM ---I can't seem to find baking parchment, everywhere I go it's waxed paper or 'silly cone' coated non-stick baking paper! Unfortunately can't search in English where I am, where is parchment paper usually found and who uses it?

--- End quote ---

The silicone coated baking paper is what you want.

scatterbrains:

--- Quote from: Billchuck on January 31, 2020, 02:20:59 PM ---The silicone coated baking paper is what you want.

--- End quote ---

Completely forgot about this! Thanks for the reply, I guess i have the right stuff then but i still have trouble with paint drying. Im wondering if heat and air conditioning have a big part to play in that though. Since i live in tropical climate.

Mindenbrush:
I found a Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter Under the Christmas tree 😀

Tried it out cutting the standard Blue insulation foam sheet we get in North America, works really well.

Knocked up some 5mm x 10mm ‘bricks’ and some 5mm thick sheet by just turning some pre-cut foam on it’s end and sliding through.

I will be ordering some Shifting Sands tools to go with it but until they arrive I think a piece of MDF or wood attached to the existing 90 degree bar and an extra clamp will give me time to practice.

Calimero:
That’s a great gift… you must have been nice this year  ;)

Did you know about this guy (a fellow Canadian); https://www.youtube.com/c/BlackMagicCraftOfficial/videos

He uses a Proxxon for all his projects and give some very useful tips on how to build things out of Styrofoam.
Cheers!

Mindenbrush:
I checked out Black Magic Craft and a few other sites to get reviews on hot wire cutters before asking Santa for the Proxxon.
Just placed an order with Shifting Sands for the Guide, Angle And window/arch templates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version