Forum > Workbench

The generic tools thread.

<< < (11/14) > >>

YPU:
IIRC proxxon is located in germany so that would make sense.

Daeothar:
I visited the World Model Expo in Veldhoven (NL) earlier this summer (July) and when doing the rounds of the vendor stalls, I came across this beauty.

For the longest time I've wanted to get my hands on a Chopper, to make my polystyrene game that much easier, but I never got round to buying one, they were hard to come by over here and, you know, other hobby priorities  ;)

But this thing...

It's completely built of metal components (bar the cutting mat, obviously), so most likely even sturdier than the original Chopper. The guides are equally strong and precise and the blade is a simple razor blade, so easily replaceable.

I knew I had to have it, but the company rep at the stand only accepted cash. I had just blown that on other shinies, and there was no way of obtaining cash at the venue (other than perhaps holding up a wealthy punter), but he assured me that they have many retailers selling their products, so I could buy them online from them.

Yeah; but then I'd also have to pay for shipping, but there was nothing to it. Once home, I browsed their list of retailers and checked each and every store, but none had this cutter in stock!

Of course... ::)

One of the last ones I checked was a Belgian store and for the heck of it, I entered my email address for an alert when it did come back in stock. And lo and behold; when I was on a camping trip in Italy, I received the alert that they now had two in stock!

Not wanting to waste the opportunity and risk them being sold out again by the time I returned home, I ordered one and had it delivered at my parents' house, where I was able to collect it several weeks later, when I got back home.

And there it was, in all its metal glory. I'm pretty chuffed with it, although I still have to really take it through its paces with a nice big project, but I'm sure it will serve me well... :)

YPU:
Ooh that does look very very useful!

OSHIROmodels:
I like that. Mine is getting a little bit tired now  lol

Have you got a link to the company that makes them?

Belgian:
Looks interesting, where have you found one and at which price? If you mind sharing online, you can also send me a message if willing. Bought one of those cheap hand held cutters to cut angles online but isnīt very suitable due to poor assembly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version