Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:43:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691106
  • Total Topics: 118374
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: On The Hounds of Tindalos  (Read 2438 times)

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
On The Hounds of Tindalos
« on: September 09, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »

The Hounds inhabit the angles of time while mankind and all common life descend from curves.  This concept is hard to imagine and only seems to be used with respect to them and even more horrible denizens of Tindalos.  The Hounds lust after something in mankind and other normal life, and follow victims through time and space to get it.  They are immortal.

Just what these creatures look like is questionable, since those whose meet them rarely survive.  Because their realationship with angles of time, they can materialize through any corner if it is sharp 120 degress or less.  This is horrible considering most rooms in houses meet at 90 degrees.

Once a human has become known to one of these creatures, it will follow them through anything to get them.  If driven off by a target, a hound will usually give up.  Unfortuanately, such a creature is very difficult to drive off.

Attacks by the Hounds have been recounted many times in modern tales and have been responsible for the disappearances of many occult scholars who attempt to peer through the veil of time and space only to be viewed from the other side.  Once spotted, it usually takes a Hound 30 days or more to track it's victim through time and space.  Often it will torment its prey for a period before finally striking. 

One case of the Lemarshland family of Northern Scotland suggests that all male ancestors of the household were slain by such a beast on the eve of their 34th birthday for some act committed by a early forefather 12 generations before.  This beast was finally stopped only when the family line was killed off.

It is said the tongue of such a beast creates a deep penetrating (though bloodless and painless) hole.
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: On The Hounds of Tindalos
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »
A true gauntman post, just the way we like'm. :)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »
Aha, that would explain this scenery piece, then.

Keep up the good work!
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:39:57 PM »
Nice....I forgot about that range on scenery.

This is a great beastie to have randomly brought into a game.  Unlike some of the others which attack the nearest living thing, this beast unmercifully tracks the single figure who is responsible for activating/summoning it.  Other players will have a sigh of relief and be glad "it's not me".  Because it will be unlikely that figure will survive.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »
vary nice
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous