Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:53:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 guns  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Stargate SG-1 guns
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:07:36 AM »
Did the SG-1 Team use MP90's?  I can't remember, nor can I see a pic on the show's website.

Thanks
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Snate56

• Librarian
Re: Stargate SG-1 guns
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:17:41 AM »
Yuppers, they did. Though I think it's just P90.

SteveN

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 07:51:58 AM »
Yep mostlu P90s, and maby a few SAWs, 16A2 and M4s used by supporting charicters
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »
In the early series, it's the H&K MP5, they switch over to the FN P90 later on.  They are supposed to be Air Force, so carry crewmen's PDWs.

Also on the base are Marines and Army, so they carry the M16s and M4 Carbines.

Also in the very late series, one of the team (the geezer who takes over from O'Neal) often carries an H&K G36.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:45:02 AM »
the other sg teams where army and marines,sg2,5,8,11 was army and sg3,6,9,12 was marines whinch sg 9 and 12 where alway called in for back up.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »
the other sg teams where army and marines,sg2,5,8,11 was army and sg3,6,9,12 was marines whinch sg 9 and 12 where alway called in for back up.
Well, I didn't know that. I always assumed that they just took their pick of any armed forces personnel.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 12:50:44 AM »
In the early series, it's the H&K MP5, they switch over to the FN P90 later on.  They are supposed to be Air Force, so carry crewmen's PDWs.

Also on the base are Marines and Army, so they carry the M16s and M4 Carbines.

Also in the very late series, one of the team (the geezer who takes over from O'Neal) often carries an H&K G36.
Geezer? Man dont let my better half hear ya say that. That is Ben Browder of Farscape fame and he is far from a geezer being much younger than RDA.

As for weapons yes, there was no set format that each team used. Each of the combat teams were from the different branches of the armed forces and their firearms were made to match. They used all the standard firearms used by platoons and some non-standard firearms choices. Remember, as a low grade soldier you just cant go to the quartermaster and ask for weapon C as it may be a firearm not needed as per the quartermaster's decision. Not everyone in the SG team is going to be armed with a Barret. :-)

And speaking of Cam's G36 in the last couple of seasons dont forget Carter's "special" firearm she used in a couple seasons as well. :-)

Grimm

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »
No offence to Cam intended, I just had a mental block and couldn't remember his name.  :)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 09:06:08 PM »
Ok, so any ideas on where I can find minis with the P90?  I don't wanna mess with the single Jack O'niell fig from Phoenix, I'm looking for a whole squad of P-90 armed troops.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 01:17:42 AM »
FWIW, I'm not a Ben Bowder fan.  His mannerisms bug the hell out of me.  Now, Claudia Black I can get behind, if you know what I mean.... :o

I didn't care for their addition though, since it's now FarGate, or StarScape, which ever you prefer.

Go ahead, nuke me....

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 01:23:22 AM »
Mofo used to sell a 4 pack of infantry but stopped sales when Eureka were hit by IP lawyers for their Jaffar. They also used to do the characters and a lovely big gun for Jaffar.

you could use some of the MOFO-Now Gripping Beast figures for Modern Yanks

http://www.grippingbeast.com/shop.php?CatID=39

Devil Dog Design also have some modern troops

http://pacificskygames.com/default.aspx?man=44

I think you will struggle for all P90s though

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 06:28:20 AM »
No offence to Cam intended, I just had a mental block and couldn't remember his name.  :)
But, Geezer? Oh yeah no offense intended. LOL Don't worry, I still wont tell her ya said it. :-)

FWIW, I'm not a Ben Browder fan.  His mannerisms bug the hell out of me.  Now, Claudia Black I can get behind, if you know what I mean.... :o

I didn't care for their addition though, since it's now FarGate, or StarScape, which ever you prefer.

Go ahead, nuke me....
His mannerisms? Whatcha don't like I ask? Those mannerisms were what made Farscape what it was as well as the rest of the cast mind ya. And yes, we know what ya mean. And I to agree on the issue of them both coming to SG. One or the other would have been fine but not both. I hate when shows pull full time cast members to go to spin offs. When Worf went to DS9 when ST TNG failed. And they brought Carter over to Atlantis when SG went off the air. There are other examples but ya get the point. :-)

Grimm

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 01:04:34 PM »
I hunted about and couldn't find any P90 armed guys, closest was a weapon on some of ERMs future wars gangsters, but they couldn't pass for modern military types without some serious conversion.

http://shop.eastridingminiatures.co.uk/jbp2-152-p.asp

Ignore that fact it calls these 25s, they're on the bigger end of 28s.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 01:11:25 PM »
Interpol are gangsters to you?? lol
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 01:45:04 PM »
Interpol are gangsters to you?? lol

Oops, I guess I'm going on another GCHQ list for that one.  :(

I meant to say it was on a model from the future gangsters range, not the the man carrying it, or Interpol, are gangsters.   lol