Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:48:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691278
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Corpo Truppe Volontarie  (Read 11960 times)

Offline Durutti

• Scientist
    • view from the duck pond
Re: Corpo Truppe Volontarie
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »
Nice one, added that to the bookmark file.

Spanish re-enactment groups are really helpful, and quite a few of their members are historians too.
These lads are a great bunch, and they have some decent imagery too, not so much CTV, but useful nonetheless.

http://www.frentedemadrid.com/FdM/Imagenes.html

If anybody wants it, I can post some images from the CTV book I have, for unit distinctive, like colllar flashes etc.

Sorry if I got a bit carried away, I'm  terribly anal when it comes to the SCW, I do have a decent archive of stuff, that I collected in my Anglian Miniatures days, and I'm always happy to have a delve through it for info, pics etc.

Offline mysteriousbill

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 08:41:34 PM »
I guess it has been long enough for re-enactors (I wonder if the argue over who is the good guys lol).

I bet the T-26 cost them an arm and a leg.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 12:37:11 AM »
Nice one, added that to the bookmark file.

Spanish re-enactment groups are really helpful, and quite a few of their members are historians too.
These lads are a great bunch, and they have some decent imagery too, not so much CTV, but useful nonetheless.

http://www.frentedemadrid.com/FdM/Imagenes.html

If anybody wants it, I can post some images from the CTV book I have, for unit distinctive, like colllar flashes etc.

Sorry if I got a bit carried away, I'm  terribly anal when it comes to the SCW, I do have a decent archive of stuff, that I collected in my Anglian Miniatures days, and I'm always happy to have a delve through it for info, pics etc.

I myself am a lover of collecting pictures especially of flags but i do enjoy good images of Uniforms.

I went for a mixture of English uniform and russian uniform in the hope of getting a greenish khaki. I feel it still be off in regards to what i should be aiming for.

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 06:29:15 AM »
I'm probably going to try and do mine a little "greener" but, heh, they are darn close to some of the pictures and look good enough to me! Go with it! From what we've learnt above there is no single defined colour.

I like your idea for the colour bearer - may copy that one! Also - a great relief to see a painting table cluttered like mine!  lol You've made me feel a little less guilty- thank you!

Currently working on 2 Empress 88's as flak pieces for my Condor Legion (and I mean Flak, not A.T!). After that finishing off some Communist militia (complete with one of your flags) then it's time to hit the Italians. After this thread actually now looking forward to it and less fearful!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:20:41 AM by Sparrow »
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:39 AM »
Mate that is just one of my work trays. I have another two haha

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »

are those Empress figures?
and are the wearing an Adrain helmet?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »
are those Empress figures?
and are the wearing an Adrain helmet?

Yes to both questions mate

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
If that's a conversion where are the heads from. Woodbine?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Durutti

• Scientist
    • view from the duck pond
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 10:30:19 PM »
The Empress CTV wear a mix of Adrians, and berets, the command has a couple of Bustina hats, if you want to convert some Perry figs to have Adrians as well, Empress has a head pack in Adrians, and Forgotten and Glorious have some nice headsets too.
Depending on time period, and theatre, you can also mix in the M33 Helmets, to add a bit of variety, look at the Empress italian packs in the Italo-Abyssinian range, you can rip off a few heads, and replace then with Adrians,M33 or berets.

I really should do a blog post with some pics etc, of the CTV uniform combos, later on they get an influx of Spanish troops, so you can mix in some Spanish army types as well, will also do a bit on how to do headswaps, as its not that difficult really  :D

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 02:35:22 AM »
I know its off topic but did the Nationalists ever have Non Uniformed Militia units? I have a load of Figures that i could use for this but not sure if they would have had such units.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »
Yes they did. In the initial days there were odd units of 'voluntarios' knocking around, who were neither Réquetes nor Falangistas. They didn't last very long before being absorbed into the army or either of the above groups, but they did exist.

No idea of any form of organisation, nor any distinguishing 'field signs' though. The few photos that 'might' show them, just show guys in normal clothes alongside troops or falangistas.