Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone  (Read 70058 times)

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2015, 10:03:46 AM »
This is absolutely brilliant again...I missed this thread! ;)

The buildings are incredible, but I like all the conversions a lot too. The painting suits the Stalker atmosphere greatly!!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2015, 12:17:25 PM »
My brown with a side of brown palette suits the genre. Ya don't say... :D

Painted shiz.

A Loner in an upgraded Sunrise Suit carrying an Artifact.

A rookie wearing a crappy trench coat (yeah the hood's too big).

And a mercenary in a Winter gettup (those Wargames Factory guns are massive).

I was kindly given a T-64 kit by a friend at my club last week. Its incomplete, but do you think I should turn it into one of these or a wreck?

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »
Looking good.

The hood does look a little big, but it could just be another piece of material (old bag, tent, etc) made into a hood (not a hooded top underneath). If you do make another one, just paint it another colour.

Re. the tank - how incomplete is it? And how many wrecks do you have? Preference for the kit, but you may be limited. Hmmm - maybe a tank being worked on/stripped/put together? Panels removed, tools lying around, etc?
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »
awesome tread!! waiting to see more pics. Damned cool stuff!!!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2016, 10:27:03 PM »
Bleh, I haven't bothered my arse to take pictures of anything in like a month. Meh, I'll post some greens of a squad of Russian spetsnaz and whatever else I can scrounge up at the weekend. :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2016, 08:37:14 PM »
Um, happy new year?

Well, what I have for this setting in a postable state. Morrowind's been the thing for me lately, but I'll see what I can throw up. :)

A portacabin, one of four, as part of a construction site terrain set.

The interior's a bit bare, but I have existing office furniture somewhere to throw in.

A jeep acting as a barricade for a settlement. IIRC I posted this as a WIP a year ago. :(

And two Russian Spetsnaz. The guy on the right was the first one which I made. Unfortunately the one on the left looks a bit fat, so I'll have to take that into account with any more I make.

The plans for this setting's to have more construction site stuff finished. That's more portacabins, a tin shed, perhaps a water tower and random pipes. There's also the beached ship which is now being painted, though there's no ETA when I can bother my arse to finish that.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2016, 08:45:01 PM »
He lives! Good to see you back mate :)

Ooh the growies on the jeep barricade looks very nice :-*

Cheers
Matt

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2016, 10:52:10 PM »
Hell, its about time! Good to see you back in Action. I like the Jeep Barricade idea a lot!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2016, 10:53:54 PM »
I've been trying to keep my head down. ...As whilst I may have made a ton of your Nuka Cola vending machines, I haven't actually gotten around to paint any as of yet.  :'(

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2016, 09:15:50 PM »
Picatures? No, lies!

I've not been too focused on minis lately, but've managed to splurged this lot up in the past week. :P

First then, a Loner in a SEVA Suit.

Sans the hoses at the back as I couldn't find the wire. Originally she was to have an M4, but looking at the model the sci-fi bullpup probably suits the futuristic EV suit better.

Russian Spetsnaz (can't remember the name for the unit).

Moderns, rather than styled after the Ukrainian Spetsnaz from the games. The Second game was more realistic with its concept art, so I feel I can get away with using this type of stuff more (saying that, I'll probably make SKAT-9 military suits at some point).

The guy on the left's proportions are off, but I oversized them deliberately for comparison. Looking at the two I prefer the one on the right more. :/

As a replacement for the T-72 which I already have (which was bought and painted in a rush for a game), here's a Kitech T-80U.

The Academy T-72 which I already have is a crap kit. Its too tall and long, and lacks in proportions. The Kitech one by comparison is better, though still not amazing.

"But I thought T-80Us rarely ever have slat armour on them". OK, first thing - tell that to the Syrians (who cover every surface in the stuff), that and its up to the crew what they do to their tank. Now this is also for modern games, so I toned down the Stalker elements a bit (still little Radiation symbols on the turret). Which is to say that slat armour's asking for mutants to climb up them, so should be topped with razor wire. It could also do with a searchlight as well. Generally the paint job'd be rougher too.

The graffiti on the side reads "Kong", with Donkey Kong heads on the mud guards. On the front armour too it reads "Happy Holidays". ;)

As for WIPs, I have two buildings. The second one's a shop, but lacks a roof as sourcing corrugated sheets' been a bugger here lately. Here's a shed:

Which'd be useless on a table as it only has one door and no windows. I need to either add a second door or windows to make people want to use it; otherwise its just a brick. Or I'll just leave it. Still unpainted as it could do with a bit of junk. I may leave that till later in the year when the model shows happen.

The beached boat's being painted right now as well, but there's been not much traction on that for a while. Its Elder Scrolls stuff sitting on my desk at the moment, so that'll be my next update. Fallout's by the wayside due to my usual players preferring modern and Frostgrave games of late unfortunately, which means all that setting's WIPs have gone down in priority/ :/

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2016, 11:08:42 AM »
OOh I like your scratchbuilt buildings, they have a real world feel to them with the thin materials, your hard work shows.

You could add an extra little room off to the side with a door or cut holes in the corrugated styrene with your knife as ripped open entrances/explosion damage.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2016, 11:27:17 PM »
Glad to see you're back! Somehow I don't think I've ever commented on this thread though I know I've viewed it many times.  So now I will get updates.  :)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2016, 12:09:41 AM »
Still some wonderful stuff - my Fallout and VSF projects were on hold while I played through Fallout 4, so now I can start getting back into the modeling myself.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »
Um, hmn, right. Well my camera's been broken and I've been lazy. Seeing as I need to post something, here's a few WIPs. I have a load of stuff in various states of progress, but its all either too early to bother with, or too close to being finished that I don't want to post them till their done. In other words nout to post. ¬¬

Here's a wasted afternoon's work. A couple of barricades made from 1/43rd scale DeAgostini Russian cars.

Ah, seeing as I haven't played a game in months there's been no push for me to finish anything. When I'm gaming I like to have something new each week. Instead I've been playing other people's games lately. Due to that though, I may instead just work on my Israeli stuff (started a thread in the Cold War board there) in the short term. If someone shouts at me enough then I'll go work on one of the other three threads I have here (...I have actually made more Fallout stuff, its just all in the bottom of a box ...at the bottom of a pile of crates).  :`
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:31:44 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2016, 09:34:55 PM »
Like it.
Love it.
Gotta have it.
I have been patiently waiting for an update. Your attention to detail always blows me away. Can't wait for these to be done.
Plus that skateboard is a nice touch.