Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone  (Read 70035 times)

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone - WIP Zombified Stalkers
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »
Hi Wyrmalla!

Great miniatures again! I love the monolith guy (who makes these heads? they look like straight from the game) aswell as the zombies (you captured the look in a perfect way!!).

I recently started playing Misery 2.1.1 and encountered Izloms for the first time! I agree on the sound. Also seeing those long arms I first thought they were a bunch of bloodsuckers which I absolutely hate aswell! lol

Very very nice thread, with really inspiring stuff...I hope I'll be able to do a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. project one day aswell as I am a huge fan of the franchise!

Cheers Marc

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2015, 02:11:36 PM »
I'm about to go out, so ah, have a lazy picture.

He started out as a zombie with a rifle, but turned into a heavily armoured bandit. Model's a Wargames Factory Soviet with a Bolt Action head. The rest's greenstuff in the style of some third party plate rig that would be super impractical to actually wear, with a wee bit of the heavy armour from Metro 2034 flung in too.

@ .:Gunslinger:.

Crooked Dice just came out with those gas masks for their Falklands style soldiers.

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/sas-gasmask-heads/

I picked up a couple of sets of them at a show as part of a deal they were doing. They're a good looking style, especially for the Stalker setting seeing as in the real world old British gear is really, really popular.

Misery? Have fun turning god mode on the first time you encounter a Controller horde! ...Seriously that mod's all right, barring the silly stamina system, but they really unbalanced the story mode encounters. Remember to turn off your sound when you meet a Controller to.

...If you hadn't guessed I started this thread when playing Misery and named it after the most common words I saw during that playthrough. ;)

Izlom's built too, but I CBA talking a picture of it obviously. What I need to go catch a train. =P

Heh, and since I've been up I've made five models. Two zombies. The Izlom. The armoured bandit and that 1950s Future Soldier that I posted in my Fallout thread yesterday. :)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Your a machine! Nice work mate.

I like the casual stance he is pulling. 8)

Cheers
Matt

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone - Bandit Boss
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2015, 08:30:39 PM »
Here's the armoured bandit from earlier now painted. The others are being painted too, but I'm going to bed. =P

Argh, bloody camouflage and the difficulty I have with it for adding contrast to a model. The whole point of camo is to even out one's colours, but argh, that doesn't fit my style. ¬¬

I'm surprised how well he turned out actually. For a guy who was originally just going to be a generic zombie he's being stuck in the lineup of character models that I have for the setting now. :D

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone - Bandit Boss
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2015, 03:19:24 AM »
Your level of activity puts me to shame.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone - Zombified Stalkers
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2015, 09:02:47 AM »
I have a month off before I start work, so I'll be using this time as I can as I know I'll be screwed once that job starts. :)

Another morning, some more models.

The two zombified Stalkers. One's a bandit in a trenchcoat, the other's a Loner in the common Sunrise suit (so common that this is the first one I've actually sculpted...).

They'll appear as either random creatures, as cannon fodder alongside the Monolith faction or in events such as a Blowout where anyone outside has their brains turned to mush (I'd use the same models as were used before the event, but zombies and other mutants seem to be more active before one of those happen).

And the Izlom that I mentioned.

Its not a like for like copy, but I was just churning out models yesterday. The hands and feet are too small, though who really cares (its not like any of the guys I play with even know what these video games are).

• Scientist
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2015, 03:32:58 PM »
@ .:Gunslinger:.
...If you hadn't guessed I started this thread when playing Misery and named it after the most common words I saw during that playthrough. ;)

Ho wtrue! The horrors I have seen in that game...I'm only in the Zaton area yet, but the sawmill and the bloodsucker lair already are horrible. I don't know if I will ever get to Pripyat  >:(

Very nice zombies and izlom! The only thing that bothers me a bit is the very dark skin on all of them, a bit of variation would be great especially on these undead/muties (pale greenish/blueish skintones will work a treat I think)!

But otherwise they are perfect as they capture the atmosphere very well. The basework is on spot too!

I ordered some miniatures yesterday, which I will convert and paint to fit the Zone - thanks to your awesome thread!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2015, 04:50:05 PM »
Go to the crashed Hind at the Iron Forest. I dare you.

Screw that mod.

(Two Controllers which insta-kill you, a pack of Bloodsuckers, a Pseudogiant, two Poltergiest, dogs and a ton of respawning zombies, as in like 20. That is seriously what you'll encounter at every one of the Hinds...)

Screw. That. Mod.

For some reason I keep giving people yellow skin tones. It beats all the brown I'm usually paint I suppose. Those two zombies are fairly yellow and unhuman looking, youknow given that one does have eyes and his face is all cracked with scabs... Meh, different painting style I suppose. The in-game ones are a kind of grey right? That'd probably have worked better on the Sunrise Suit one as a contrast to his uniform. Whatever, I churn these things out so I guess I could just do that with the next lot (the zombies that I use for my zombie games are all grey skinned though).

What miniature's are you using? I'd advise towards Empress, but the clothing in the Zone's unique looking so you probably couldn't achieve that without converting them up a bit (which would be a little pointless, bar their Insurgent range, as those plate vests are too nice to mess with). However saying that the concept art for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 was much more down to earth, looking like modern soldiers with just an array of third party equipment with the odd bit of weird kit thrown in, rather than the weird kit being standard like in the trilogy.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2015, 09:53:52 AM »
Two more zombified Stalkers thrown together this morning.

Might go for faction colours with these. See what happens.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone - Ruined House
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2015, 03:46:56 PM »
I've managed to finish the second of the houses for the village that I have planned. Well finished up to a point, I still need to add furniture, but its good enough for a game tomorrow.

Its made almost entirely from balsa wood and mounted on an A4 sheet of plasticard. The original design comes from the game DayZ, though I took some liberties (that one has more windows, the interior's lain out differently and the roof's not at all the same). Having made this I will say that in future I'll add more doorways as this one's a bit linear inside, just so they're less of just a big brick on the table.

Next? More terrain obviously. Another building probably, excluding the random Stalkers and wee bits of terrain I'll be making on the way.

• Scientist
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2015, 07:43:08 PM »
Hi,

very cool once again! I bet there's a stash with goodies under that table on the upper floor  lol

I Like the white/blue colour scheme as it is something that's seen quite often on Ukrainian houses in the countryside.

I'm really looking forward to what's coming next!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:19 PM »
A bit of brightness beats the dreariness of post-apocalyptic settings youknow? :D

Of course the real Chernobyl isn't quite so grey as the media portrays it anyhow.

Aye, and I may just sculpt up one of those little tin boxes that you smash open with your knife all the time and stick it somewhere. ;)

Here's some more village bits slapped together tonight. I may be able to paint one of those sheds by tomorrow. The other one's just a frame, and yet again I doubt I have the balsa to finish it unless I decide to have big chunks blown out of it. I was just going to have the sheds without interiors, but thought better of it as everything else I have has one. They're a bit small, and I doubt anyone will ever go in them, but I guess I've set a standard and I may as well follow through with it. =P

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2015, 10:37:06 PM »
Now that's propper construction, and it pays off. Blooming lovely :-* :-* It certainly beats a foamcore box!

Cheers
Matt

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
Here's as much as I think that I could manage today. I've a game tonight, so rushed through this stuff a bit. =P

The first of these sheds. Kept fairly basic as I doubt it'll ever be looked at all.

And two more Zombified Stalkers. One Duty, the other Freedom. Could have done better with these, but didn't really have the mind to.

I've started on some stone wall sections as well. I'll have to see how these turn out and whether or not making a few more's viable or not (considering the amount of clay involved. The clay's just a layer over balsa, but these still use a load somehow).

The scenario which I have in my tonight goes something like this. A group of veteran Duty members will attack a Bandit encampment around the remains of a small village. The Bandits stole an artifact that Duty think could be in better hands than being sold on the free market. Eight turns. At the end of turn five zombies spawn. At the end of turn seven a blowout occurs and anyone not in cover dies. ...Might have to think a bit more on the Blowout.

Six Duty guys with two wounds and decent equipment against ten bandits with crap gear. Are the sides balanced? Probably not, not that it matters. :)

• Scientist
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

Six Duty guys with two wounds and decent equipment against ten bandits with crap gear. Are the sides balanced? Probably not, not that it matters. :)

Bandits don't care ;) "Ah nuuu cheeki breeki iv damke!"

lol

Great progress again, I like the zombies!