Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:49:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone own both Victory Force Wehrmacht & Copplestone minis? Or even just VF?  (Read 11077 times)

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Thanks! Shame about how short the Foundry ones are. Even Black Tree is most of a head shorter.

That Artizan figure is really tall for Artizan. I wonder if it's just that one fellow or if the other early war WWII Artizan figures were comparable? I have some nazi officers from Artizan and they are quite short - not that I mind one-off short fellows, so long as MOST of the infantry is a match (and the kit and rifles need to match close enough). Just means the colonel happens to be a shortarse lol  

I have a couple of alternate ideas to get a better fit, but it'll be a big fat pain in the bunghole doing the conversions either way.

Does anyone know if there are any manufacturers who make a standalone stahlhelm? Just the loose helmet?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:06:05 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
The only one standalone helmet i can remember is in 1 or 2 verlinden 1/48 resin kits, plastic sets in 1/48 or Wargames Factory plastic germans.
I have 2 or 3 BTD german heads i´ve cutted to do conversions so if they suit you just pm me and i will send them as well as 3 or 4 BTD complete figures.

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
Don't know if there are companies offering a single (or set of ) helmet for sale. But the Blitzkrieg Germans set from Warlord Games has some loose helmets so maybe someone has some to sell?

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
I have a couple of the Blitzkreig sprues, but those helmets are far too small (otherwise I'd just use the BA heads from the sprue!) and anyway I need more. 1:48 sounds absolutely perfect, but I don't see anything on the Verlinden site at all. Neither the German stowage kits nor the figures have helmets. Doesn't look like Tamiya or other model manufacturers have anything either (Tamiya does have a 1:35 kit with five helmets... dammit!). I might wind up just having to press-mold some if I can find a single one that's the right size and isn't awful.

Sorry Rumcara, I replied to your earlier PM before I saw your post here. PM sent!

Basically, I am going to use a mishmash of figures (Renegade, BA, 1-48 Combat, Artizan) and I should be fine as OVERALL I will get the size I need, but I need to make sure the heads and weapons are all the same size and look good. MOST of the weapons are already the right size, so that fine and it's a fairly easy conversion where they're not. I have lots of good bare heads to use with lots of personality (some GW, some Paul Hicks, etc.), so I'm 90% there... but I need helmets which will fit those heads! Molding my own might be the only way.

The Renegade figures, which will be the lion's share of figures I'm using, are decent and are just fine for size. They need to be converted to early war (not much trouble other than the boots) and have heads which are the right size but which are a disaster for casting a sculpting quality. I think whoever made these was finishing dollies started by someone else and it shows brutally in the heads. The helmets are especially coarse and jagged. I might be able to save some by switching a couple around, but I'd love to just do swaps with better stuff.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:50:30 PM by FramFramson »

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Fram, here is my surplus of BTD germans plus 4 figures that might be usefull for pulp.
If they do just choose what is usefull for you.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Check out TAG they have helmets & all sorts of kit

http://www.theassaultgroup.co.uk/index.php?p=58

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
Yes! Perfect! Hurray!

Thanks Aircav!

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
I have a few 1/48th you can have from the Tamiya Afrika Korp set, not sure how many but can check in the morning, if you are still after them.

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
I have a few 1/48th you can have from the Tamiya Afrika Korp set, not sure how many but can check in the morning, if you are still after them.

Free (or whatever you're asking) sure beats £7, so yes please!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Are you still after the photo of a copplestone against an early war german from foundry?
I have some I could take a photo of.

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
Naw, it's okay now. Thanks though!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
One or two observations/suggestions. Early War Germans were Crusader not Artizan. Easy to confuse as they are complementary ranges both marketed by Northstar.

Actually, I think Foundry are a lot closer than that shot above suggests. I mixed some of their WW2 partisans in with Copplestone's BoB range a few years ago and they seemed to work. If you are really finicky then different basing heights will address any minor difference.  Copplestone's near future stuff always seems taller than his other ranges, the Near Future troopers are giants.

Helmeted heads? Try the Wargames Factory late war Germans. Might be more than you want to pay for a few minis but the sculpting is good and the helmets are the right shape. I've used WF plastic heads to convert a number of Eureka miniatures.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
Ah! Hm.. well maybe GamerMac can take a picture after all then. I'll send him a PM.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Sorry having problems with connecting my camera at the moment.

Online FramFramson

• Elder God
No problem, no hurry!