Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone own both Victory Force Wehrmacht & Copplestone minis? Or even just VF?  (Read 10990 times)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Sorry for the delay, my daughter had stole my cable to connect my phone.

Foundry MG gunner is a bit smaller but I think is still OK

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Yeah, that's not too bad. Looks about the same as the better-quality plastic Bolt Action figures. Thanks!

Funny enough, I painted that fellow on the left in my most recent batch. I like yours though - the eyebrows and five o'clock shadow are great.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
The size match looks good to me, and as said I am a big fan of the Foundry Wehrmacht! I look forward to seeing where your project eventually ends up.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Re: Does anyone own both some Victory Force Wehrmacht and Copplestone figures?
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 03:29:54 AM »
Bumping this for a very similar request - Victory Force vs Copplestone. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Re: Does anyone own both some Victory Force Wehrmacht and Copplestone figures?
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 09:41:12 PM »
Actually, I might even just ask, "Who owns some Victory Force Wehrmacht?" and we can see what other figures you have to compare them with.

I'm asking because I'm really not sure what the size is from googling! In some cases they look bigger, GW or Copplestone sized (which is what I want), in others they look small like Bolt Action or Foundry.

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Matthew, check this range from Gothicline.
He is a portuguese LAF fellow that makes WW2 miniatures and the size is a bit bigger than Artizan.

http://www.gothicline.webs.com/

Ask him for comparative shots with copplestone for he also has some figures.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Good idea.

By the way, I'm still using the ones you sent me. ;)  I'm just continuing the eternal struggle for the regular troops. I was going to do surgery to get what I wanted using the stodgy Renegade bodies I already have (and will be doing at least some anyway, because I have all these great GW & Copplestone heads to use instead of the generic growly-faced or shouting nazis), but I'm sure there's got to be an easier way. I even picked up a pack of Scarab 1/48 just to see if they would work (DUST tactics are supposedly 1:48 and fit in with my stuff, albeit they're "larger" people), but they're monstrous, almost 50mm (might still use a single one eventually as a hilariously tall fellow). 

Too bad the best-quality troops are all tiny ones, like BA, Perry, or the old Foundry sets. But I'll sort it in the end and paint and nice heads can hide a lot of ills.  

EDIT: Wait... Gothic Line doesn't seem to have any German infantry apart from late-war Panzergrenadiers. I think that option's sunk.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:52:40 AM by FramFramson »

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Maybe so but ask him for separated heads.
They might be usefull for your conversions. ;)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Unlike most mad scientists, I have plenty of heads... it's the bodies I need!  lol

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
I don't own any but I did handle some VF minis a few years back. I'm going solely on memory but IIRC they were significantly taller and heftier tan anything else I had at the time ( principally BTD). That's what put me off buying any, nothing else seemed to match and I'm pretty relaxed about mixing figures. I think they were more in the 32mm mould of things than true 28.

You're right about the smaller figures being the nicer ones, most of the Foundry figures, are very nice and the Perry sculpted British paras are outstanding. Interestingly they mix well, with the early Hicks sculpted Bolt Action figures. Pity Warlord had to go down the gargoyles r us route, the early BA ranges had some nice figures in them.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Yeah, the Renegade ones are bizarrely stocky trolls. They manage to be bigger overall, but with stumpy legs, so they're like bizarre cranky beardless dwarf-soldaten. I was going to use them anyway by replacing the legs (the legs also have the wrong boots for early war/prewar anyway) and heads, but really there's got to be a better way.

For just about every other nation, either Copplestone or Renegade works fine for interwar troops, with only minor conversion or in some cases no conversion at all. It's only been German stuff that's been trouble. I've assembled a few characters from what you sent, from Artizan, 1:48 COMBAT, DUST Tactics, and will have a variety of sizes (I certainly don't insist that everyone be the exact same height), but I still need some average-sized (for my table), normal-looking infantry to tie the whole mess together.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:32:38 AM by FramFramson »