Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690862
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More Pics  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
More Pics
« on: September 04, 2008, 10:32:57 PM »
I really have been busy lately again and have painted up a couple of minis. Unfortunately they aren't finished but I have been selecting a few older minis that I still find are painted to an acceptable standard and which I hope to use in Broadsword or similar games.

First of all the good old Mordheim Elfhero... what was his name again? Anyway, I think one of the best GW minis in the last 20 years.

The second picture shows an Arab warrior but I have honestly not the slightest idea which company actually manufactered this miniature.

This here is one of the wood elves GW produced about 8 years ago. I don't now if they still have them, kinda lost interest in GW after discovering this forum (thanks a lot, guys  :-[ ).

Last but not least an old werwolf figure. I think it is also GW but from the 80s or so. I have a few other and better ones but somehow this critter made me feel all nostalgic for a time when GW also produced minis for RPGs.

I hope I'm not getting on your nerves with stupid photos but it gives me a reason to experiment with my camera (and of course to go fishing for compliments - so bring 'em on).
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Re: More Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 11:03:17 PM »
LOVE the Aenur (I think that's what he's called) figure! The game shops here in Sweden pulled a dirty trick when that figure was supposed to come free with an issue of WD (that was round about the time Mordheim was first released), they yanked the blister off and sold it separately, so I never got one >:(

The other three figures are lovely too. I especially like the Arabian fellow, as he really catches the core essence of swords and sorcery.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 11:08:15 PM »
Yes, it's Aenur 'Sword of Twilight' for Mordhheim and, yes, it's a great figure.

Last but not least an old werwolf figure. I think it is also GW but from the 80s or so. I have a few other and better ones but somehow this critter made me feel all nostalgic for a time when GW also produced minis for RPGs.
Yep, it's GW. From the night horrors range.

Nice paintjobs. I like your dark and moody style. There is a touch of shine of a couple of them (from the inks?) which your matt varnish should sort out.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »

Yep, it's GW. From the night horrors range.

Nice paintjobs. I like your dark and moody style. There is a touch of shine of a couple of them (from the inks?) which your matt varnish should sort out.
[/quote]

Actually I used to spray my figures with gloss varnish in the late 90s as it is supposed to protect the minis better. I recently painted matt varnish over that but even after 2 or three thin layers the gloss stills shines through. Ah, well, maybe another three layers will mend that.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:50:02 PM by Doomhippie »

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:45:22 AM »
very cool paint jobs.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »
Okay, here are some more pics.

The first two are Greandier models, a thief and a sorceress.

The following pictures are about a set of giant worms that Jens of Pardulon sculpted. I'm not sure if they have ever made it into his online shop. As far as I know they have a tendency to destroy their casting forms. Maybe he can tell you more.

Now these worms of course fit into any good pulp setting (like the movie Tremors), SciFi setting (or maybe space opera - think of the giant space slug in Star Wars) and of course here (remember the good old purple worms from AD&D).

Offline Evilcartoonist

• Scientist
    • Carmen's Fun Painty Time
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Lovely Aenur figure- and I love those worm sculpts.