Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Strange Aeons] pics  (Read 13573 times)

Offline Breten

• Librarian
    • Calgary Gaming Forum
Re: Strange Aeons pics
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
You guys have a web site set up then?

It's on the list, I'm trying to find a good domain, strange-aeons.ca is available..  Currently there is just http://www.umw-online.com

It is indeed a Star Wars CMG mini.   :D

I love the way it's been painted.

It reminds me of the "Facehugger" from Alien  :)

Will the rules be PDF, or paper?

They will indeed be paper.  Looking to be about 64 pages.  PDF could be possible.

Nice pics...I assume no survivors then?

Great gaming table. Very similar to one that I'm about to build....

Nope, in the after game, Dear Old Dad, took another major injury (I forget what). In an earlier game in the evening had taken his second broken leg, reducing his movement by 1 a second time after a previous leg injury.  The Blasphemous Construct I was running gave him a heavy beating. I had Rolled a Critical on the attack, giving +2 Damage, played the Killing Machine card giving him another +2, and he already deals out D+3 Damage, and I believe Dad's Constitution was 7, beating it by 6.  That meant I rolled 2D6 +6 on the injury table.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 04:15:03 PM »
I'm very interested in knowing more about the Twisted Fate Deck 

I currently use a deck of cards for my horror games along the Astounding Tales rules format to establish random turn, interrupts, and neutral monster actions but I'd sure like to see how these cards function and interact.

Are they just used as special abilities and wild cards.  How many does a player/figure have.  Can they get more.  What are some examples of what they can do..

I WANT TO KNOW MORE...

DO YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE???
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Breten

• Librarian
    • Calgary Gaming Forum
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »
I'm very interested in knowing more about the Twisted Fate Deck 

I currently use a deck of cards for my horror games along the Astounding Tales rules format to establish random turn, interrupts, and neutral monster actions but I'd sure like to see how these cards function and interact.

Are they just used as special abilities and wild cards.  How many does a player/figure have.  Can they get more.  What are some examples of what they can do..

I WANT TO KNOW MORE...

DO YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE???

At the beginning of the game you roll a D6, and on a 1 or 2 (I think), you use the Twisted Fate Deck.

You get to draw a card from the deck at the beginning of every turn.  You can only hold 3 cards in your hand max.  You can discard a card, but it has to be before you draw a card.

The cards are mostly Wild Cards/Interrupts.  Things like Out of Bullets!, that make a model's gun out of bullets for the rest of the game.  Or Overly Cautious which reduces a model's movement to 1" for that turn.  Bad Luck cancels a card played by an opponent.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »
Looks like your adventurers are gonna need more bullets...
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »
Very nice board and minis. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »
Those cards sound very interesting.  I'd really like they'd really add some flavor to a game too.

Will they likely be included in the base rules or be a separate item?

Offline Breten

• Librarian
    • Calgary Gaming Forum
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »
Not 100% sure.  I think Mike's kicking around the idea of LE box set that has minis, the rule book and cards all together, and that would be the pre-order package.  After that, it's all separate.  Of course that could change.  Once the rulebook is ready for print I imagine we'll tighten up the release plan.

I believe the hope right now is a Limited release around Halloween.  Maybe start pre-orders then.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 01:09:55 AM »
Listen to Brett...he makes my rantings sound like actual planning! That is most likley what we will do...still a long way to go...the cards were intended for a con prize only but everyone loves cards, most likley be getting more made. As an added bonus they are 'beer and pretzel proof', being made out of  oh-so durrable plastic.

...i'm starting to feel like a corporate whore...but a whore of cthluhu, so, thats not so bad... :?

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 01:56:06 AM »
It all seems very interesting and just the ticket for some cool Horror games.   I hope you keep us posted with a release of this rule set (+cards)   Definitely one to follow.
Integrity is non negotiable

My little blog

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 07:13:29 AM »
Mmm, beerproof cards.. Any chance of helping us out with a beerproof gaming terrain too?

Marko
Currently painting: Black Hat Three Musketeers range.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 07:22:28 AM »
It is indeed a Star Wars CMG mini.   :D

I have a dozen of those  :D

What was used for the oozing goo? Just GS?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »
I think Mike's kicking around the idea of LE box set that has minis, the rule book and cards all together, and that would be the pre-order package. 

I believe the hope right now is a Limited release around Halloween.  Maybe start pre-orders then.

Count me in for one!

A couple of years ago I was pondering about starting some High Adventure-based-on-CoC RPG up with some friends. Then I did some web-surfin', and found out that people were already doing sort of that with miniatures: PULP GAMING

Needless to say, I had no chance avoiding being sucked in... at the same time I found the Back of Beyond Times, and then subsequently joined the LAF almost immediately after its birth...

Now you're publishing a Pulp Horror Cthulhu miniatures game, and I have come full circle  :o 8) ::) o_o :-* :)

It's a MUST HAVE, just like the Rattrap rulesets, the upcoming Hydra pulp space combat rules, the GAFDOZ (I'll come round to buying that eventually  ;)

Please keep us posted - I do not want to miss out on this!  ;D

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »

Please keep us posted - I do not want to miss out on this!  ;D

Yes, I'm definitely intrigued by this one.  :)

Maybe some more game reports, with a few explanations of mechanisms in use to further whet our appetites?

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
Yes, I'm definitely intrigued by this one. 

Maybe some more game reports, with a few explanations of mechanisms in use to further whet our appetites?
Posted on: Today at 02:43:43 AMPosted by: Argonor 

I agree, give us a small bit of feel what your mechanics are like.  I am even more excited by your cards.  How long did that session last for instance. 

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 03:18:56 PM »
Games run from 5-45 minuites long...occasionally they take longer, dependant on scenario. The average length is half hour, allowing the players to switch sides and play two games in about an hour. I'll see about some official statement when I get the time...until then be advised this game deals with adult themes and is fun as hell! :D