Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:26:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Resurrection of Cap'n John's Case, Update 03/10/15: Some Closeups  (Read 12223 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Resurrection of Cap'n John's Case, Update 03/10/15: Some Closeups
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »
Very nice stuff Alan! The unknown goblin is a Grom look-alike, from Citadel's grand goblin range. 070205 in the 1989 catalogue.

Thanks, phreedh.
There is a definite resemblance; later versions of Grom had a bit more width to them. This Goblin came with a taller, slimmer partner shouldering a REALLY BIG sword & sporting a helmet with IMPRESSIVE antlers attached. They were a cool pair & a pleasure to paint.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 10:06:29 AM »
A truly incredible collection sir, and my heart sank at the prospect of all those minis falling and crashing together, so an even more impressive feat to have tackled those repairs and updated varnishing too.

Maximum kudos to you. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »
A truly incredible collection sir, and my heart sank at the prospect of all those minis falling and crashing together, so an even more impressive feat to have tackled those repairs and updated varnishing too.

Maximum kudos to you. :)

Thanks, leonmallet. Seeing ALL of them in a pile on the bottom shelf was disheartening...not to mention all the colorful things I had to say as I sorted them out & put them back.
The restoration itself was daunting, draining, & time consuming...consumed a lot of DullCote also,  but rewarding. I got quite a feeling of accomplishment & relief; Cap'n John thought of it as a Christmas present.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 01:43:10 PM »
Thanks, leonmallet. Seeing ALL of them in a pile on the bottom shelf was disheartening...not to mention all the colorful things I had to say as I sorted them out & put them back.
The restoration itself was daunting, draining, & time consuming...consumed a lot of DullCote also,  but rewarding. I got quite a feeling of accomplishment & relief; Cap'n John thought of it as a Christmas present.

I can only imagine the satisfaction at completing the very last repair. :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »
I can only imagine the satisfaction at completing the very last repair. :)

It wasn't exactly the Augean Stables, but close. I think the relief out weighed the satisfaction. However, Cap'n John spent an hour or so looking at them all, which I found added positive feelings to the work.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »
AND some barbarians of both Genders beginning with a Barbarian Princess who isn't Lucy...or Desi for that matter. She's an Old Citadel Chaos Chick. Who made the Guys is another question:

You did a great job on all of those miniatures. It must be awesome, to be able to again  sit or stand in front of the cabinet and pick them up one by one and look at them. I like it a lot.

As for your unknown manThe guys are from black tree. I like the sculpts
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/europe/product.php?productid=23857&cat=2355&page=1

Here is my take on it:

(to be honest, this pcitures comes from my work in progress folder. I still need to set up my photo corner in my (new) game room and take (a lot) of new pictures)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:34:30 AM by Braxandur »
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »
Thanks for the reply AND the photo, Braxandur! Now I remember the piece. Your version is OUTSTANDING...GREAT brushwork & basing. I can't remember why I substituted the Babe for the Barbarian Dude, but she looks happy up there.