Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More Vikings  (Read 1845 times)

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
More Vikings
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »
Yes indeed here are some more Vikings for Saga/Valhalla from Gripping Beasts Viking Hirdmen boxset and these are to fill in and create a new unit of Viking elites armed with Dane Axes that also can be used as berserkers.

There is something about a Viking warrior carried a dirty big axe that screams VIKINGS!!! As you can see I have gone for a more natural tones with the cloths this time but have given them red hair to make them stand out.

First out is what I think is a typical Viking. I love the pose I have managed to get with him with that sort of follow me to Valhalla look. I wanted him to a little special so I natural green tunic but with bright trim in red and blue and russet trousers to lift him from the others. With the red hair and beard it just set him off.

Next up is the classic Viking pose with great axe raised ready to crush his foe. I again have gone for the natural palette but this time in dark green with a little trim in a lighter colour just to been it out. He is wearing a classic Vendel Viking helmet, someone correct me if thats not what it is called and I have painted it to look like iron. I have to say I am rather pleased with the effect as to me it feels and looks like iron.

Lastly is a Viking with his rather large horn that comes in the boxset. Now this fellow is not for the elite unit but rather to replace one from from a warrior unit. I again like the pose on this fellow and with the natural tones for his tunic and his rather striking red beard I think he will stand out. I thought about doing the rope on the horn is a colour but I ended opting for a hemp colour which I think works better.

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
Re: More Vikings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »
great and inspirating,I have à lot of vikings to paint !
* Miniatures diary at aleaminiatures.blogspot.fr/
* Flags banners blog at  https://flagspennonsandbanners.blogspot.com/
* My Other blog on Helmets : attenti

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »
Very nice. :) I think you made some good choices with the palette, there.

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »
Thansk there chaps and I am glad that you like them