Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Batman Miniatures Game Rulebook  (Read 17573 times)

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Batman Miniatures Game Rulebook
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 08:14:53 PM »
Anyone in the US received the book yet?

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »
I ordered 3 books and one Alfred was missing.
Without any problems they sended me the missing mini!
Thank you Knight Games!!

Most time only bad experinces are shared....just wanted to tell a good example of support.

Cultist#83

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »
I received my Joker rule book (as well as some other stuff) a week ago Friday. My exclusive Red Hood was missing as well, but a quick message to KM's customer support and they've said they're sending it on the way. I'm hopeful it will arrive soon.

I'm in Western Canada, so I think they might be sending the packages out in the order the were received, rather than the destination they're intended for.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Red Shirt 1

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 01:55:40 PM »
Still waiting for mine from the local shop  :?

Anyone up for a review, first impressions?

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 10:02:46 AM »
A few reviews already online. This is one of the better ones: http://skirmishwargaming.com/batman-miniature-game-rulebook-review/#.VR-oqvnF-7I

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 11:37:20 AM »
A few reviews already online. This is one of the better ones: http://skirmishwargaming.com/batman-miniature-game-rulebook-review/#.VR-oqvnF-7I

That's quite positive on the physical aspects of the book. Anything on the gameplay? How different is it from the .pdf?

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist

Offline Red Shirt 1

• Assistant
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 05:19:15 PM »
I just got my copy and I thought I would but together a a little review. If you have any questions please just ask.

The Batman miniatures game rule book is lovely, eye candy abounds from beautifully photos of the various Knight Model miniatures to graphics from various comic books.  The rules themselves are well written and easy to read. Veteran gamers will find no great surprises. These are a fairly straight forward set of skirmish rules.

The physically the book is impressive. It appears to be well bound and not suffer from paged randomly detaching and falling apart in short order but only time will tell. It is broken down into the chapters listed below:

Introduction – a fairly standard introduction to miniature gamming, common to most rules these days. It includes fairly basic information; what you need to play, what is a miniature game, etc….

Rules – The basic rules are covered in this section. The characters cards are explained in detail as are movement, combat (melee and ranged), line of sight, damage, etc….

Configuring your crew – In this chapter the player build his team, any restriction that may apply to types of characters available (leaders, sidekicks, henchmen, minions, free agents). There are also lists of specific upgrades available to the various “Crews” (Batman, GCPD, Joker, League of Shadows, etc…)

Advanced rules – In this chapter the players are introduced to the little things that make the various characters who they are, the various skills, traits and weapons specific rules that separate a police officer from a mobster or atman from the Joker.

Scenarios – This chapter begins with general scenario rules common to all and them details the various scenario types. Each scenario is explained with their specific setup, objectives and victory conditions. An optional strategic chart his provide for more flavour and customization for whatever scenario you are playing.

Showcase – Pure eye candy! A parade of all the Knight models available for the Batman miniatures game at the time of printing will either challenge you “Up your game” in regards to your painting skills or leave you gaping in wonder (quite possibly both!)

The legend of the Batman – This chapter impressed me the most. It is an excellent introduction to the world of The Batman. The chapter details his origin, Gotham City, his allies and his enemies. A very Good primer to this universe it also differentiates between the various media promoted by Knight Models and the game itself. Do you want to play in the DC Comic book realm Christopher Nolan’s Gotham City, maybe you would prefer to game in Rocksteady’s Arkham franchise? A very credible job is done explaining the difference in the characters across the various mediums.

And finally the index and weapons template and game cheat sheet.

All in all its 164pages of Batman goodness! The rule book is well written and easy to understand. It’s well laid out and illustrated to perfection. If I have one complaint it is that the author and editors should have included examples of game play for each of the basic rules and turn sequences.

While the rules are easy enough to understand a game play example of a crew’s movement, combat, damage etc… and the impact this has on the characters’ cards and his opponents’ character cards would have been a valuable addition.

In my opinion this would have elevated an already excellent set of rules to the next level! If anyone is at all interested in gaming in Gotham, I would highly recommend this set of rules.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »
Some stuff is still a little tough to find, but there is an index which mitigates the trouble somewhat.

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 02:57:02 AM »
Still waiting for mine!!! :-[

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
My Red Hood Joker mini happily showed up on Friday. One of the better looking and fitting models so far I think. A bit of a shame it doesn't have its own rules, but I'm ok with it. Looking forward to putting him together!

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 11:30:44 PM »
Yep, mine showed up with the Red Hood bonus yesterday.

LOVELY.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »
I got the rules and a load of figures. The rules are very nice but lack Campaign material and for the price i would have liked more on the rules and less on the pictures of figures that are already on the net.

Ill still play the rules though and will see if i can rope someone else into a game with them at my club.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »
The rules sound better than the PDF and they figs are amazing...the price point is the only thing turning me off on the game, plus hard to find people to play, while not a huge Batman fan, I do love the Arrow...with the team in the books now makes it appealing..
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com