Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 720
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Batman Miniatures Game Rulebook  (Read 17566 times)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: Batman Miniatures Game Rulebook
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2015, 11:27:54 PM »
Some of us on the BMG forums have discussed some ideas around campaign play, but it's really tough to do in my opinion. You simply can't allow characters like Batman to gain many more tricks or stat increases than what is on the card before ending up with crazy powerful fiends.

The scenarios provide some nice variety and it's pretty easy to come up with your own inspiration. Based on my experience so far I don't think the lack of campaign play for BMG is actually that important.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 07:24:28 AM »
Some of us on the BMG forums have discussed some ideas around campaign play, but it's really tough to do in my opinion. You simply can't allow characters like Batman to gain many more tricks or stat increases than what is on the card before ending up with crazy powerful fiends.

The scenarios provide some nice variety and it's pretty easy to come up with your own inspiration. Based on my experience so far I don't think the lack of campaign play for BMG is actually that important.

That's good to know. I guess it's just one of these things that im used to on this level of gaming.

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

Some ideas to use instead of beefing up characters,
-Grow the stable of characters that can be used to play with. Players start off with 1 characters (or, if you're playing police, Gordon and minimal points of generic cops). As you play, you can purchase additional allies. So Batman can eventually get Robin, which can then upgrade to Nightwing or he can bring in Batgirl.
-Have a "Bat Cave" or secret base which give him access to single use bonuses rolled from a table at the start of the game. Higher levels can get more bonuses per game. These should be costly, or limited as to how many can be purchased per advancment.

I could easily see a league being set up with this where players each take on a character, then after that, any unselected characters can be purchased as allies as players level.
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline parcival42

• Assistant
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 01:16:50 AM »
So If I were to get into this game, what would constitute a good miniature order for the good guys side?  Can you run just Batman vs. a Joker crew for instance, or will he be outclassed?  If so, how many more buddies will he need to bring his team up to a playable point level?  I'd appreciate any help from you guys with the book.  Thanks!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
At 200 rep you can run Arkham Batman and Robin (Jason Todd) against Joker's crew. You'll be substantially outnumbered but I've played it and it's worked well. It's good fun actually.

Offline DS615

• Scientist
    • Fandango Alpha
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2015, 12:52:12 AM »
Campaigns are linked scenarios that tell a story, or have a larger objective.
Character advancement is not an integral part of it, it's just something some rules have added on.
- Scott

Offline bubba242

• Assistant
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 12:04:11 PM »
I would have thought that - given the characters - a No-Man's Land campaign would have been a shoe in. I'm sure enterprising types could use that scenario and situation in many ways.

For example:

* No Man's Land scenario allows for multiple terrain types ( for those who don't have perfect city scapes, broken and damaged ones could now work )

* Scenarios could now have some weight if they're fights for territory.

* Alliances could be made between various crews.

* Territories could have a monetary value - or resource value - that would attract new allies and crew ( ie buy costs )

* Special scenarios could be created - such as an assault on the clock tower with Nightwing and Oracle fighting for their lives against a corrupt SWAT team.

It also neatly curtails much of the experience / fancy gear / upgrade problem due to the scarcity of resources.

Hmmm......brain churning with possibilities now.....

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 07:54:22 PM »
Realistically I don't feel like the game needs a campaign mode. The scenarios in the book add a lot of character, and I am more interested in a story-experience than competitive play. Over the weekend we played 200 rep: Arrow and Huntress vs Nyssa and some ninja warriors. It was a lot of fun.