Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690844
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Vladimir's Miscellaneous Fantasy Thread  (Read 55310 times)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Vladimir's Miscellaneous Fantasy Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2024, 03:29:47 AM »
Go Todd Go!
Todd looks like he enjoys his job. A few stabbin's and a few Brews, all within an easy walk of eachother.
So much better than 12 months an 50% chance to come home.

Todd likes those odds.

He looks good pete, came out well. :)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2024, 05:53:55 AM »
Go Todd Go!
Todd looks like he enjoys his job. A few stabbin's and a few Brews, all within an easy walk of eachother.
So much better than 12 months an 50% chance to come home.

Todd likes those odds.

He looks good pete, came out well. :)

Cheers! I reckon he came out well too.

And now for something a little different.

It's...

Bookshelves!

Perhaps not as interesting or dynamic as a dragon, but still necessary, especially when fighting to reclaim a lost city.

Even the backs brush up pretty well on these things.

Yup, it's more wood. Not sure what else you want me to say about that.

And where would shelves be without books to put on them?

I think the symbol on the orange book was supposed to be a flame, but it kind of got away from me.

The pages were tough to paint, but it was worth it.

100% the words on those books on the left a praise for other books the author wrote.

It's just...so pretty to have them set up.

The set is wizkids' archivist library. There were a few issues, like one of the smaller shelves needing to be reset so it sat flush against the sides and the drawers needed to be shaved down a bit to fit properly...which I overdid, so I had to repair them with some green stuff. At three feet, they look fine.

I'd originally hoped to buy this set when I got my first library job, but the shop I saw it in sold out before I got the chance...and then just before Christmas last year, I found it in another shop! It was satisfying to finally paint it up and overall, I'd recommend it if you need something quick to fill a room (or you just want to paint books).

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2024, 09:44:04 AM »
OOH Pete they look great on screen, they will do the trick filling some dungeons with mine, we will have a right old library on our hands i think.

The potions, brews and white pages came out great! Nice find there.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2024, 01:28:48 AM »
OOH Pete they look great on screen, they will do the trick filling some dungeons with mine, we will have a right old library on our hands i think.

The potions, brews and white pages came out great! Nice find there.

Cheers mate! It was a great little project. We'll have to tee up a game soon to try 'em out.

Speaking of great little projects...

It's Tehenhauin, high priest of Sotek!

The last time this guy was on sale, I was between jobs. This time, back in June, I was filling in for story time at work, so I had money to spare.

I've always enjoyed his story as well. At the height of the skaven's invasion of Lustria, it was Tehenhauin who revealed the singular plaque that mentioned Sotek by name. Of course, since he was only mentioned once, the Slann disregarded it as being less important...until Tehenhauin led a huge contingent of skinks to slaughter the skaven until a volcano erupted and killed the rest of the rats as they tried to escape (although some say a few managed to get away). Since then, Sotek (the only one of the lizardmen gods to actually do anything since Chaos arrived) has been worshiped in every city.

Nothing like an underdog story to warm the heart (unless you're a skaven).

Eh walk it off, you'll be fine!

The model is GW's Tehenhauin. Overall, it was pretty fun to paint this one. There were a few fiddly bits (and I've just noticed a couple of bits on the rim I missed twice somehow) but keeping the plaque separate until the end saved me a heck of a lot of trouble. I had to play 'is this guts or snakes' a couple of times and a couple of snakes have random spikes that I didn't snip off earlier, but I like how it turned out.

Now, I only have one thing left to paint...and it's a big 'un!

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2024, 04:33:33 AM »

Told ya he was big!

Roughly translated this Slann mage priest's name means, 'reaches for the stars.'

Unlike other Slann, this one takes a comparatively active role in the lives of mortals, tweaking the threads of fate to ensure that someone is right where they need to be to stop a chaos plot either deliberately, or just by moving their cabbage cart at just the right time.

Whenever this slann needs to appear in person, he is carried by his loyal temple guard, to conserve as much magical power as possible.

You'd best keep on your toes, unless his gaze rests upon you.

The model is a Slann mage priest from GW. When it came up for special order last year, I jumped at the chance to get one. There were challenges of course, but overall it turned out pretty well.

Compared to the first one I painted when I was about fourteen, I'd say I've improved just a little bit.

Offline Basementboy

• Mad Scientist
  • Happy little chappy from the mythical ingerland
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2024, 05:14:45 PM »
You certainly have! Looks great :D

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2024, 10:27:10 PM »
That Slaan is great. I love the poisonous frog colours you've given him.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2024, 10:49:20 PM »
The orange one works so well. Lovely job.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2024, 11:15:45 PM »
Pete his poison frog colours are amazing, your blending between the colours came out really well.

And I love that comparison shot! What a side by side.  8)

Doing some research there's an old 80s way of gaming where you make your force and paint it, then never touch it again, so the models and paint style represent a time period. And you just game as it is. You even make a box to transport the force to ensure you don't add extra units which are more meta at the time. I like that.

I wish I didn't strip my old bret king.