Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Vladimir's Miscellaneous Fantasy Thread  (Read 53583 times)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Vladimir's Miscellaneous Fantasy Thread
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:36:00 AM »
Hey everyone!

I like fantasy. I like painting stuff. Let's get this started, eh?

I picked up this guy for $2 at a gaming convention called MOAB. Props to Constable Bertrand for pointing him out to me. I have no idea where he's from, but he scrubbed up pretty well for a couple of bucks!

These little scamps are Peter and Albert, both available from hasslefree. Peter originally held a crowbar, but now he has a scythe thanks to a little green stuff. They are the most miniature miniatures that I have ever painted.

And for a size comparison, here's Albert next to Joshua Blackpowder, a chaos knight that I repurposed for my empire army.

That's it for now, but there'll be more to come!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 05:35:05 AM by Vladimir Raukov »

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Nice. :D

I like Joshua Blackpowder. Being a big, scary, Empire (non-Chaos?) knight makes him seem like a Warhammer Gregor Clegane to me. Especially with that yellow and black. :)

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
Nice work!

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Nice. :D

I like Joshua Blackpowder. Being a big, scary, Empire (non-Chaos?) knight makes him seem like a Warhammer Gregor Clegane to me. Especially with that yellow and black. :)

Cheers! I pretty much use him as a walking cannonball in battles. Go. Charge here. Smashy, smashy! I'll post up pics of the rest of his family in time.

Nice work!

Cheers!

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Really nice work, I really like the top model.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Yay, more threads to watch. 8) 8)

Albert looks fabulous. His big helm is perfect, and he looks so funny standing shoulder to shoulder with uncle Josh.

That gold armour is very shiney 8)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Really nice work, I really like the top model.

Thanks! The top one's my most recently finished model. I wasn't sure what colours to paint him, so I just used the ones on my family's coat of arms.

Yay, more threads to watch. 8) 8)

Albert looks fabulous. His big helm is perfect, and he looks so funny standing shoulder to shoulder with uncle Josh.

That gold armour is very shiney 8)

Cheers
Matt.

I'm sure I've shown you Albert before. He's so tiny!
Thanks for noticing the armour. It's my special greatsword's mix. Start with boltgun metal, add a layer of watered down chainmail on the higher parts (I tend to overdo that) and then paint a line of Hashut Copper along the edge, with a line of shining gold on top of that. I printed the recipe from GW's website before it went away.  
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:19:49 AM by Vladimir Raukov »

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Oh, well who's this fellow?

It's the white dwarf himself! I picked this guy up at MOAB for $10. If I could paint him again, I'd probably keep his axe separate. It was a pain to try and paint around it.

Yes, I know there's a tiny bit of metal in the wood section. I'll probably fix it later. Right now, I have something very big in the works.

Like, really big.

It's a troglodon.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:35:30 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
What a likeable face he has. A very nice character Pete!

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Cheers Bero! I'm sure a couple of intrepid lads like us can find a use for him.

Now for something completely different.

Actually, it's quite similar. Here's Oracle Kai'Tehe and his mount, Zec'Loq! Having just earned his divining rod, Kai'Tehe is eager to serve the Slaan in tracking down any stolen glyph plates.

It's very hard to drybrush in some places.

I mucked up a tiny part during construction (clipped where I shouldn't have) and that sent a shockwave throughout this entire side. Green stuff is my friend. Hmm, maybe that was why I had those gaps in the collar.

Bertrand liked the acid loogie, so I used that instead of the tongue. Took me forever to get it the way I like. It's probably a tad dark, but I'll live.

Kai'Tehe up close. I don't think I could be happier with his eyes.

Kai'Tehe with his spawn-cousin, Axta'Hua and a random skink. They ended up differently-sized. Ah, the inscrutible plans of the Old Ones...

I did Axta'Hua for a painting contest. He and Kai'Tehe were spawned from different pools, but often march together when Xlanhuapec is under attack.

I used to think that my stegadon, Tepok's Sting was big. The bastiladon, named Chotec's Gaze was pretty big too. Zec'Loq is even bigger still!

This is my full lizardmen army. 5012 points of cold-blooded murder! I can't not gush over them, they're my babies.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:36:33 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
By the power of grey skull!

What a collection!!!!!  :o

That dinosaur looks fantastic Pete! Super work :-* :-* :-* :-*

Nice detail you painted into it 8)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Rise my thread, rise from the ashes!  :P

For ten years, I helped lead youth groups at my Church. Apparently doing this for ten years is an achievement worthy of merit (it didn't even feel like eight) and I was given a gift voucher for GW. With no idea on how to build on my armies at the time (I was still painting the troggy) so I went for something I'd wanted to do for a while, but didn't have the time or monies.

I got a dragon.

When I got this shirt, I wore it pretty much every week while leading. It's my favorite shirt and reproducing it in miniature form always seemed like a good idea to me. I opted for the high elf dragon as it was a tad more heroic looking than the dark elf alternative, plus the model has interested me for ages. Just look how it hangs there! I've still got to figure out the tail dealies and merge the horns properly, but I'd say it's coming together nicely so far.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:37:25 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Oh yes, that is a big beasty pete! Very Cool!  :-*  :-*

The beard tentacles are a nice addition.

Any plans to twist some wire/cover in hot glue/PVA soaked tissue paper to make some spooky tree? That could be a nice addition to reference the tshirt.

Also, will you be doing the HE rider? Converting a Empire governor... or scrapping the rider all together to make it closer to the t-shirt? You could sand off the saddle + GS, and insert a magnet, with a corresponding magnet in the riders rear end.

Cheers
Matt

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
That will be an awesome colour scheme. Looking forward to seeing it done.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Oh yes, that is a big beasty pete! Very Cool!  :-*  :-*

The beard tentacles are a nice addition.

Any plans to twist some wire/cover in hot glue/PVA soaked tissue paper to make some spooky tree? That could be a nice addition to reference the tshirt.

Also, will you be doing the HE rider? Converting a Empire governor... or scrapping the rider all together to make it closer to the t-shirt? You could sand off the saddle + GS, and insert a magnet, with a corresponding magnet in the riders rear end.

Cheers
Matt

Cheers Bero! The tentacles were actually kind of necessary. That's the point where the dragon's lesser horns would have gone, which had spaces cut into them for the reins. It also kept him more in line with the shirt, so that was a plus.

Now, to answer your questions: No, there's not really enough space on the base for a tree. Besides, by keeping it relatively bare, it'll be easier to simulate a barren cave/top of a mountain, depending on where our games might take place. As for the other question, I've already gs'd the slot behind the saddle that allows for the crazy huge back of the chair to fit in, so I'm not going to be adding a rider. I considered trying to get the armour off, but that part of the kit also holds the back spines on and I didn't want to risk having it all collapse. The rider also has really long, flowing robes which would make it hard to place on a terrestrial mount.

That will be an awesome colour scheme. Looking forward to seeing it done.

Cheers beefcake! Results may vary with the colour scheme based on overall skill and large things taking a long time and making me go, 'stuff it, I just want to finish this now and move on to the next thing.'