Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:19:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Ancient Chinese Warring States / Qin Dynasty 28mm miniatures  (Read 17725 times)

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
Re: New Ancient Chinese Warring States / Qin Dynasty 28mm miniatures
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 09:10:45 PM »
mhmm

I like the miniatures but...

I would have preferred to wait more and have them in plastic. They have so many different pieces and option that I fear in metal they will leave us with a lot of wasted pieces. After all when you first introduced the plan it was supposed to be a plastic range for the line troops.

Said that, continue on the historical path until the range is completed.

Arrigo
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »
Hello everyone. I updated the original post above.  Enjoy. 

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
Kickstarter Preview
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 04:43:49 AM »
Hello everyone and good morning. With 3 days before our Kickstarter launch we would like to have your input regarding the presentation of our Kickstarter. Please feel free to follow the link and take a look. You are able to post comments directly on the Kickstarter so please be constructive and we will take every comment seriously. We may not be able to accommodate every wish but we will try our best. Finally, please keep in mind that you are not seeing the final presentation as we are waiting on some last minute additions for the cavalry sculpts and new concept art. Please enjoy looking at our range and let's have some fun with this project.  :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104924145/1533907520?token=72c21473

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »
The rewards seem pretty reasonably priced. I'd like to see some heroes and legends, although my knowledge of historical Chinese is based almost totally on Jet Li movies and Dynasty warriors.
I'll probably buy a pack to paint for my brother, who is an enthusiast of the era.

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
Kickstarter is now Live
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 05:02:52 PM »
Thanks for all of your comments and feedback. We look forward to seeing you on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104924145/28mm-ancient-chinese-warring-states-qin-dynasty-mi

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 02:55:55 PM »
I went and looked at this, but I could barely understand it. I get trying to be cool with the whole "element" naming scheme, but I can barely figure out what I'm getting with each pledge. I wish you could've use plain language and photos of the miniatures rather than photos of an element box. If I can't figure out what I'm going to get for my money at a glance, there's a problem. I don't remember ever having this issue with any other kickstarter before.

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »
The Element Packs allow you to design your own army based on what units are available at the end of the Kickstarter. If you scroll down below the pledge levels it describes each Pack and what you get. The photos even lay out the quantity of each item. We didn't want to restrict people in what they bought because some people will want more infantry while other will want lots of chariots. The Element Pack design allows that flexibility. We talk about how the Element Packs work in the intro letter and show pictures after the Pledge Levels. I hope that helps.

I went and looked at this, but I could barely understand it. I get trying to be cool with the whole "element" naming scheme, but I can barely figure out what I'm getting with each pledge. I wish you could've use plain language and photos of the miniatures rather than photos of an element box. If I can't figure out what I'm going to get for my money at a glance, there's a problem. I don't remember ever having this issue with any other kickstarter before.

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 03:31:15 PM »
Or you could have had infantry packs and chariot packs. I understand your system, but it adds more complexity, which deters buyers.

Good luck with your project, but I fear you are far too ambitious with this being your first time.  :(

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 07:05:46 PM »
I have to agree the system confuses me a little too.

I just want one pack of infantry. Maybe 10 guys or so.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:10:51 PM by carlos13th »

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 07:12:39 PM »
I completely understand if the format confuses you and we really meant for it to be flexible enough to allow you to pick what you want. We had several people review the Kickstarter before it went live and no one thought the format was confusing so we pushed forward.  We understand that not everyone will want a Chinese army and we also know that things like our shipping costs, pledge levels, costs, Stretch goals, and format are all things that people may like or not like influencing their decision to invest. I appreciate your comments and hopefully things will work out for our project and we can use your feedback for future ideas.  Thanks

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »
Is there any way to buy between 10-20 infantry guys?

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 07:24:31 PM »
An element pack can be one of the following:

20 infantry
10 cavalry
3 light chariots
2 heavy chariots
Fu Dogs (2 statue version, 2 'live' versions)
20 Terracotta Warriors

That is the currently available list. As Stretch Goals are unlocked more 'packs' will become available as well as add-ons.

If you wanted just 20 infantry then you could go for the Year of the Rabbit which is $40 for one Element Pack.

Is there any way to buy between 10-20 infantry guys?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:21 PM »
I also think smaller "half size" elements would be great.

I really like the look of the Terracotta Warriors, but have absolutely no need for 20 of them. Those apart the first set as currently listed that would make me want to pledge is the 25k undead.

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:56 PM »
We thought about half-packs and it made the Kickstarter even more confusing than what people are commenting about now. Perhaps we will add half-packs to the add-ons sections if we can figure out a simple way to add them. We are sculpting our Terracotta Soldiers right now so perhaps you will change your mind. :)

At the price point of $2 a piece we wanted to make sure people had no issues about building an army and that's how we set up the Kickstarter.

I also think smaller "half size" elements would be great.

I really like the look of the Terracotta Warriors, but have absolutely no need for 20 of them. Those apart the first set as currently listed that would make me want to pledge is the 25k undead.

Offline WatchfuliStudio

• Assistant
Kickstarter Half Packs
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 09:08:33 PM »
We have taken your comments into consideration and we will be posting Half Packs in the Add-ons Section over the next few days so I thank you for you ideas and helping to make our Kickstarter better.