Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686621
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm UnArmored US Sailors Needed  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
28mm UnArmored US Sailors Needed
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »
I'm looking for 4-6 armed US Navy sailors in 28mm, but not in full combat armor/gear.
Something like these gents, ie fatigues, weapon & cap;

I have the wonderful Eureka Marines, so something that mixes well with them is preferred.
If I can't find any, I guess I'll get some more Eureka Marines and paint the armor/gear black like these pics.

All help appreciated.
Thank you

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
Re: 28mm UnArmored US Sailors Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »
swat figures, hasslefree minis?
Crooked Dice figs with weaponswaps?

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »
swat figures, hasslefree minis?
Crooked Dice figs with weaponswaps?

Raxxus,
Thank you.

I think I've looked at every SWAT figure produced when I was shopping for SWAT and most are geared up pretty heavily in armor and helmets.

I'm a huge fan of Hasslefree, but their modern folks are also geared up pretty heavily or scruffy survivor types.

I need to get the Crooked Dice dogs so I've been browsing their site a lot recently, but their guards, etc., would require a lot of work to represent someone in modern fatigues carrying an M16/M4.

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 10:12:03 PM »
some conversion of plastics? perhaps then? like use the m-16's from wargamesfactory on some ww2 uniformed figures and add a bit of gs/headswaps?
Lol, add some m-16's to these :P
http://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_16&products_id=127

Offline james

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:36:58 AM »
Being ex us navy and gaming for 20 plus years, use the Eureka marines, the key is the Flat cap and obv make them more intelligent the US marine and thinner not so fat..lol

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:37 AM »
Boy are you in for some grief in a couple of days when our forum ex-marines finish reading that sentence.  ;)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 07:47:24 AM »
Have you looked at the Eureka Force Recon marines? There's a chap in an identical cap (cover) very similar pose to the first photo and unarmoured. The only difference is he's toting an M4 carbine and is wearing the old Y strap alice LBE with twonammo pouchescand a water bottle. I'd say he'd be your closest match from any range.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 04:40:23 AM »
Have you looked at the Eureka Force Recon marines? There's a chap in an identical cap (cover) very similar pose to the first photo and unarmoured. ...

This guy is perfect, if there were only 3-5 more like him.

I'm a big fan of Crossover and have a couple of sprues of their baseball cap heads that I'm going to see how they look with some green stuff to make them look like the navy hat and try them on Empress Marine bodies. If they don't work out, I'll go with plan 'B' and paint the helmets black to match the vests as in the pics above.

Being ex us navy and gaming for 20 plus years, use the Eureka marines, the key is the Flat cap and obv make them more intelligent the US marine and thinner not so fat..lol
Well I'm going to paint up some US Marines as well, as all types of Good Guys are needed when the zombies come. As I'll be playing both, I'll leave it to y'all to decide if I play the Sailors smarter than the Marines.

Thank you everyone for all the tips.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 07:48:56 AM »
This guy is perfect, if there were only 3-5 more like him.

As I'll be playing both, I'll leave it to y'all to decide if I play the Sailors smarter than the Marines.

Thank you everyone for all the tips.
Maybe to even it out. Make the Devil Dog have better combat stats. Or just make the Sea Men have better technical skills, if not exactly smarter.
You need a security system hacked? A motor worked on? Call the Sailor.  You need some thing killed, smashed or broken? Call the grunt, maybe make them less likely to freak out the first time they see a Zed.
Both should be equal in scrounging. Unless the character is a supply pog. They know how to steal, I mean requisition and hoard everything.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous