Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:04:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Big Sky Wasteland  (Read 32688 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Fallout: The Northern Wasteland
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2016, 08:57:18 AM »
Nice work on the pip boy.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2016, 09:22:27 AM »
Rad choice for a vaultie Noctuary!  8)  8) The PipBoy is very cool.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2016, 05:05:00 PM »
I forgot to post the TNT warband photo in this thread since they are the Montana chapter in the Big Sky Wasteland RPG as well. I have been unsuccessful in finding any players for TNT games or this so its kind of disappointing but oh well I shall press on. I've purchased some new miniatures and one custom figure from the hero forge 3D print service. Overall the texture of the miniature seems grainy but its taking paint well. I'll be sure to post photos of the finished figure and some of my vault terrain pieces here soon.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2016, 01:34:34 AM »
Sorry to hear that - what part of Montana are you in?  I have family from Great Falls to Billings to Sydney, and everywhere in between.  If I was in your area, I'd be more than happy to get in some games.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2016, 06:09:16 AM »
No worries man. I live in Livingston so only around a hour and a half drive to Billings if you ever make your way out here. I'm going to try and a get demo going in Bozeman and maybe get a few people interested in TNT.

I have a WIP shot of the hero forge mini as well. The texture varies on the miniature. His shoulders and back have a very smooth finish compared to parts of his face or his pants. Overall I say its nice having the option to create you're own miniature but for the price it sure wont be for everyone.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:04:46 AM by Noctuary »

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2016, 06:52:42 AM »
Bozeman... Haven't been there since '74. We were driving all over that part of Montana looking for the best sandwich, among other things.

Hope you hook some enthusiastic folk with your demo!

Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2016, 05:14:11 AM »
Thanks @Peabody
I backed the kickstarter and got myself a peacekeeper warband for TNT and I spent most of the day building up the roster at work lol. So I'll have 3 sample warbands for the demo.
I updated the hero forge WIP photo above and I worked on some of the vault tiles. It still needs some work but something like this I think.

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »
Hirst arts is great for Vault Building. I need to get back to expanding my set some day...

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
Re: Big Sky Wasteland: Vault Tile WIP
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2016, 05:07:24 AM »
Bryan Allen
S:4 P:6 E:5 C:7 I:8 A:8 L:2
TAGS: Repair, Science, Speech
BIO: Born in vault 117 (November 2255). He spent only a short time inside the vault due to the cave in destroying nearly half of it along with 200 dwellers, including his parents, in 2262. He grew up orphaned in the ruins of Livingston after the dwellers took the town over from the radical church group, the Chosen. He spent most of his childhood scrounging the old ruined town for pre war relics like comic books, and old electronics. He always has looked his best wearing old suits scavanged off people who "won't be needing these anymore". He's become quite skilled with fixing old equipment and is the towns go to guy for repairs. Soon after his 26th birthday(Nov.2281), he was trying to crack into an old computer found in the old mayors office. After days of work, he managed to hack inside the password protected files and uncovered some private vault locations in the area. He quickly saved the info to a disc and it hasn't left his side since. He's waiting for the perfect opportunity to cash in or explore himself with the right group.

I only have one of each mold so it's a long process making these.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:37:33 PM by Noctuary »

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
Re: Big Sky Wasteland
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2016, 05:02:50 AM »
The Ropher
One of the main food sources in the BSW. A muted gopher, about 3 feet long and 10-15lbs. Rophers have razor sharp teeth and long front claws. They are experts at burrowing and are usually timid to humans and other larger creatures. They group in small colonies and have been known to attack when provoked.

Also some slightly modded BV Enclave for another preserver warband...

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »
Is that the heroforge figure? It looks really nice all painted up! Good work on the Enclave as well!

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
Thank you Hupp  8) overall I like the hero forge ultra high detail plastic option. I wish I had taken some photos before adding paint to show the grain in some spots that should have been smooth. As for the Enclave I don't really care for the standard pose (left). So I tried a little repostitioning to add some variance and I threw the extra gun from my BV veteran on one of them. Still contemplating adding some scalps to his open hand or a knife.
We have a tabletop day event on the 30th this month at my flgs. I signed up to host a table for two games of TNT. I'll be bringing the Montana Chapter and the Enclave for sure and possibly the tribals. Id like to use a peacekeeper warband but its coming with my kickstarter backing  :'(

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2016, 03:41:20 PM »
That at Rooks?

I'll see what I can do about coming over.

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »
Yes its hosted at rooks. That would be awesome! I apologize as I had forgotten about our conversation a while back or I would have for sure sent you an invite. If you can make it that would be great as you're heading in from Missoula, ya? Do you have a warband? I'll find out all the details and shoot you a PM.

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »
Yes, I'd be coming from Missoula.

I'd have to throw a warband together, could probably do it without too much difficulty.

Please do get me the details, I'll have to look at juggling my work schedule.