Forum > Workbench

Building Better Boards

<< < (3/11) > >>

Andym:
Constable-that spiderweb tute is great! Those guys at Voodoo know there stuff!

Von Lucky-Great minds think alike. Thats the same bunch of guys as I posted in the my first post! ;)

I tried using their theories on a test patch of grass. I made a quick and cheap static grass applicator out of a couple of bits of rubbish. Its not electrified so it doesn't make the grass stand directly up on end, but I like it.

Applicator...

And here's the results. First I painted and highlighted the ground...

A layer of pva glue...

And this is what I could do with what I had in the house. I'd like maybe different colours of grass to use...

Definitely room for improvement still!

Norm:
Superb thread. I have recently visited a (new to me, but well established) model shop, primarily aimed at rail enthusiasts and have found some excellent products, which cross over well between the two hobbies. My best find so far is a 1/72 windmill by Dapol.

SotF:
As a major warning about using a lot of the railroader techniques, there are a lot of them that are extremely, visually impressive but don't hold up for wargaming.

Pay attention to the materials and consider ways to up durability because with gaming terrain, you are going to be handling them a lot unlike a lot of railroad layouts that will largely be untouched in comparison.

Andym:
Good point! Well worth remembering SotF!

Heres another great tutorial. Such a small detail but so well done. Corn stalks.

http://www.warfactory.co.uk/wp/2015/01/05/corn-stooks/

SotF:

--- Quote from: Andym on February 25, 2015, 01:00:32 AM ---Good point! Well worth remembering SotF!

Heres another great tutorial. Such a small detail but so well done. Corn stalks.

http://www.warfactory.co.uk/wp/2015/01/05/corn-stooks/

--- End quote ---

I'd wasted so much money early on thanks to a hobby store that used to be around, it specialized in trains and had a few things for other use...so many things that looked cool, but did not hold up well there such as some riser hills that pretty much shattered on me mid game...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version