Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:19:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hessian uniforms  (Read 5863 times)

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Hessian uniforms
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 01:14:31 AM »
Rob, do please check this documentary about the FIW for uniforms and scenario ideas.
Very good.

Thank you very much for this recommendation. I have just finished painting up the last of my Red Coats while finishing watching episode 3. A great documentary and some excellent costumes and warpaint etc. It really gave me some great ideas for scenarios and filled in a lot of what I didn't know about the FIW. Up till now my main sources for information were the last of the mohican film and wikipedia. I was glad to see that my scenarios I have run so far and my figures paint jobs were roughly accurate (more by good luck than anything else).
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Baron von Nickedoften

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 08:28:53 AM »
Rob,

As others have pointed out, there were no "Hessians" (or other German troops) involved in the North American part of the SYW, aka F&IW.  However, if you do want to go down the AWI route for your skirmish project, there are some very interesting units in the northern theatre AND you don't need to paint up any more redcoats to go with them, if you don't want to.  Also, any Indians and American militia/civilians you paint up will work for both wars.

From 1777 onwards, there were a lot of raids into upper New York from Canada (Quebec Province) involving a mix of Hesse Hanau jaeger, Indians, Loyalists (ie militia types), and semi-regular units such as Butler's Rangers and the King's Royal Regiment of New York (green coats for most of the war).  I can give you more details if you want.

All the best.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:32:48 AM by Baron von Nickedoften »

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »
Also you have some smaller conflicts in America between FIW and the AWI like Pontiac rebellion and a few others that involve a lot of smaller detachments/uniforms/factions.

I have a huge database from several world conflicts during history so pm me if you need any help and i will see if i have something.

I´m following this with interest since its one of my future projects and also using Song of... system for several periods. I do love those rules.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:34:00 AM by rumacara »