Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: LPL9 General discussion thread: The final round is now up for voting  (Read 89983 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: LPL9 General discussion thread
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2015, 05:48:00 AM »
What email address do we use when LPL9 opens for entries? Or is that revealed on the day?

It's over in the rules thread: lpl@leadadventureforum.com

Looking through my lead/plastic/resin mountain this weekend I realized I can do the entire LPL and meet all the theme rounds in proper LPL fashion, ie without buying a single new figure. In fact, most of what I need is already cleaned, based, primed, and tucked into my "to be painted someday" storage containers!

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2015, 04:20:24 AM »
A quick check - for the Animals round - If the animals I painted were cattle, could my cowboy herders be mounted on horses?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2015, 08:26:48 AM »
Yep, as long as you have a team of 5 non-horsey animals or creatures in there, you can include whatever else you like. And yes, the accompanying humans could be mounted on horses  :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »
Just a little reminder...  :)

You have just under a week until the league opens for submissions.

You can send in your first three teams to lpl@leadadventureforum.com from 19.00 GMT, next Friday 27th March.

Please bear in mind that is when the league OPENS FOR SUBMISSIONS - it is not the final deadline.

To judge from those who have so far declared their intention to take part, I don't think the league is going to be over-subscribed.
But you never know.
Participation is on a first come - first served basis. So although I doubt we will have more than 50 people wanting to take part, it would certainly do no harm to get your first three teams in as early as possible.

I should also point out that should we end up with an uneven number of participants, the last entrant to submit by the final deadline (12.00 GMT on Friday 10th April) will alas be the one who does not get to take part in the league (unless we can persuade another person to join in and make up the numbers).

Looking forward to it  :)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: LPL9 General discussion thread - ONE WEEK TO OPENING!
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2015, 01:56:20 PM »
I shouldn't even be looking here, due to work; conversely, I should be looking here for the very same reason, in the interests of the preservation of some last vestiges of sanity.
And the stars may have aligned: armour? check; animals + handlers (not horses or antropomorphic types)? check. Models of the feminine persuasion? I was wondering how many of you can tell a male genestealer and a female genestealer apart, but then found some more easily distinguishable models, so that's another check. Vehicle/monster to accompany the ladies? Check - if I can find it, that is!

So I might just drag myself into this, if undercoating weather permits.

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2015, 05:17:59 PM »
Yep, as long as you have a team of 5 non-horsey animals or creatures in there, you can include whatever else you like. And yes, the accompanying humans could be mounted on horses  Smiley

Great, thanks Capt.  That's sorted out what I'm putting in for round 5 then.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2015, 05:36:47 PM »
Passing on this year's event - my travel schedule picks up next week and won't likely stop through the end of summer.

Looking forward to seeing all the great entries for inspiration.

Vote early and often!

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »
I'm considering entering if I can finish a few more bits before the first deadline

couple of questions though, for it to be considered a new team it has to be at least 5 new minis, but can I then add a few more old minis to have a better looking team and still be considered new as long as there's at least 5 new ones?
also a team consists of at least 5 guys with a similar theme from the same side, but I'm guessing it is allowed to set a scene using adversaries as long as the secene includes a complete theme? for instance 5 vampires versus 2 witchhunters
And in round 5 do both the animals and the humans have to be on the same side, would 5 hunters and 5 beast be allowed?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »
for it to be considered a new team it has to be at least 5 new minis, but can I then add a few more old minis to have a better looking team and still be considered new as long as there's at least 5 new ones?

Yes.
To qualify for the 'newly painted' bonus, the 'new team' should be the focus of the picture, but yes, you can add in other figures for extra effect.

also a team consists of at least 5 guys with a similar theme from the same side, but I'm guessing it is allowed to set a scene using adversaries as long as the secene includes a complete theme? for instance 5 vampires versus 2 witchhunters

Correct. As long as 'the team' is formed by a cohesive set of figures you can include some enemies as set dressing or to help tell a story...

And in round 5 do both the animals and the humans have to be on the same side, would 5 hunters and 5 beast be allowed?

Same side. Paint a team of at least 5 animals AND 5 accompanying riders / handlers / herders / crew and get 15 extra theme bonus points.
(Accompanying, not opposing  :))

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: LPL9 General discussion thread - LPL9 OPENS FOR ENTRIES TODAY 19.00 GMT
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 08:55:35 AM »
LPL9 OPENS FOR ENTRIES TODAY 19.00 GMT

Offline khartoum2

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2015, 02:23:09 PM »
Will you be doing a tally this year to show number of entries received - My round one is taking longer than planned :? and will never be ready today

Thanks

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »
Will you be doing a tally this year to show number of entries received - My round one is taking longer than planned :? and will never be ready today
Thanks

Oh yes, same for me. I'm far from finishing my first three entries. Too much real life work ... But I guess we'll have a couple of days anyway ...  ;D

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 03:26:53 PM »
Yes, I'll let everyone know the running total of entries...  :)

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 07:10:19 PM »
Sent my entries in, sorry, not wishing to sound smug but happy with my entries.  :D

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »
And received :)

Including me, that's four entrants so far.

Not exactly a flood for the 50 slots, so take your time folks... I'll keep you posted.