Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rule 63 cosplayers  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
Rule 63 cosplayers
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:27:54 AM »
After seeing Stone Cold lead's brilliantly painted Dakota, that totally looked like a female Neo, I got the idea of doing a bunch of rule 63 cosplayers.
For those who are unfamiliar with Rule 63 it basically sais "For any given male character, there is a female version of that character." of course the reverse is also true.
So looking for minis that represent female versions of known male characters (and male versions of known female characters) from film, tv, comics, and anime

So far I've got Hasslefree's Major Stephanie, and will get the before mentioned Dakota,  I need to take better look at Hasslefree website but I've also already found Delphine, Rennie and Tilda.

Anyone know of any others that would fit the theme, and will scale well with the Hasslefree figs? They don't have to be perfect, I can probably do a bit of greenstuff work if necessary, so any suggestions are appreciated.

also Major Stephanie still needs a shield, anyone know who does captain America like shields?

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
Re: Rule 63 cosplayers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 01:03:17 AM »
After seeing Stone Cold lead's brilliantly painted Dakota, that totally looked like a female Neo, I got the idea of doing a bunch of rule 63 cosplayers.
For those who are unfamiliar with Rule 63 it basically sais "For any given male character, there is a female version of that character." of course the reverse is also true.
So looking for minis that represent female versions of known male characters (and male versions of known female characters) from film, tv, comics, and anime

So far I've got Hasslefree's Major Stephanie, and will get the before mentioned Dakota,  I need to take better look at Hasslefree website but I've also already found Delphine, Rennie and Tilda.

Anyone know of any others that would fit the theme, and will scale well with the Hasslefree figs? They don't have to be perfect, I can probably do a bit of greenstuff work if necessary, so any suggestions are appreciated.

also Major Stephanie still needs a shield, anyone know who does captain America like shields?

For the Cap Shield, I would grab one off a Captain America Heroclix.
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 05:49:06 AM »
For the Cap Shield, I would grab one off a Captain America Heroclix.
I would have said the same thing.
Other than that, you could always make one. But pretty sure clix is going to be the cheapest, quickest and less hassle way to go.

Grimm

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 07:08:57 AM »
people on other boards have been suggesting a hoplite shield, which is probably the easiest way for me to go, but thanks for the suggestion

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 07:33:33 AM »
I was going to suggest a hoplite shield too, very easy to get hold of and the right size and shape,

Regards

Jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:20:29 AM »
I suggest a flathead thumbtack; can be found in various diameters, readily available, and it comes ready to be pinned too.

Braz

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 04:53:09 AM »
Hassle free also does a female he-man type. 
This is my boomstick!

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 11:32:09 AM »
I think that's Delphine which I mentioned in the first post

So far what I've found is:
Hasslefree:
Major Stephanie - Captain America
Dakota - Neo (Matrix)
Delphine - He-man
Ashley Campbell - Ash (evil Dead)
Rennie and Tilda - Astrix and Obelix
Kat - Deadpool (after a headswap)

reaper:
Berkeley, Zombie Survivor - Ash (evil Dead)
Dee Dee, Astro girl - either DC's Adam Strange or a Rocketeer

Also Hasslefree has some nudes that I might be able to convert to some of the more spandax clad superheroes

Offline wolfen

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 01:10:24 AM »
I used a Heroclix shield for my Major Stephanie

Also, I used this model from Reaper to create a female Thor. Not a great pic and some conversion was done. Could have done more to make her more Thor like but she suits my purposes.

Then there is this one from Statuesque Minis to create a female version of classic comics Nick Fury.

I use all of these in a pulp era gender bent Avengers style team. The dude is my male Black Widow.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »
I'm definetly stealing that nick fury idea, I had planned to order some statuesque stuff anyway for the random platypus statuesque paint-a-long so I'll just have to add her  :D
and the not lobster johnson as widow is also really cool, might nick that too.
I also really like that iron man idea, although I would prefer a more modern take in full armour, will have to think about that.

not sure if I want to do a thor, there are certainly plenty of options of minis to turn him into a chick, but isn't he a woman now anyway? to me that kind of defeats the purpose of what I'm going for

Anyway thanks for the great ideas

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »

not sure if I want to do a thor, there are certainly plenty of options of minis to turn him into a chick, but isn't he a woman now anyway? to me that kind of defeats the purpose of what I'm going for

Anyway thanks for the great ideas

Original Thor is still male, he just doesn't have the hammer any more having disgraced himself, female Thor is currently an unknown blonde lass that was deemed worthy of wielding the power of Thor....So shes just one in a looong line of people who can hold the hammer.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
I guess you're right, but for me it's more broad strokes, I also wouldn't want to do a female hulk, cause there's a shehulk, or a female batman, because there's a batwoman (not to mention several bat girls). I just want minis where you can easily identify who it is, where you don't have to wonder is it a gender swapped male thor or the actual female thor, maybe it would have been differnt if it wasn't a current story line but for now no Thor for me  :D

although I might make a few exceptions, I can see me doing a female spiderman as it's such an easy conversion, eventhough there are several female version already
and I think there's technically also a female capatain america somewhere, but who remembers her  ;)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 11:24:51 PM »
Original Thor is still male, he just doesn't have the hammer any more having disgraced himself,
Curious,  what is the name he goes by now,  Tom?

Grimm

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:44 AM »
Doesn't he go by Odinson now?

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »
Doesn't he go by Odinson now?
I don't follow the comics so I don't know.
Have to wait 10 yrs for the movie.  Lol

Grimm