Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690781
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley AAR - Hidalgo Plasma  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Pulp Alley AAR - Hidalgo Plasma
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:23:23 AM »
So, now that my wife has her own official league, we started the Perilous Island Campaign.  She chose for her league a group of models I painted for her about, oh, 20 years ago just after we married, and she was playing 40k with me.

The Sisters of Vengeance: Mother Ivana, Sister Sasha, Sister Masha, and Sister Nikita.

A Company of Heroes, with leader, 2 sidekicks, and an ally.

Opposed by: Generally Resplendent Alien Yuppies (G.R.A.Y)

I have a Mastermind League, that also has Company of Heroes.  2 sidekicks, 5 allies, and 3 followers. I got lazy, and the Greys, Hunterslayers, and Scarabs are all the same stats.

The table...Lady Elaine is dead center, with Bunny the Robobrain servant, her tent (the little white triangle thing), an artifcat in a green box with yellow markings, and her luggage over by the cliff.

Post placement

I immediately send off my 'Leader' to check out Elaine's luggage, and see if he can find her panti...maps and notes. The various hidden traps almost take off his fingers...

In the meantime, Katie's League moves in, as she seizes control of Initiative (and she didn't let it go for almost 3 turns, as I forgot that successfully getting a Plot Point counted for changing who was in control. D'oh!) She also shot the bejeezus out of my Grays in the process.

She moved in to clash with my lads over the linger...luggage.  She was rolling a heck of a lot better than I was, too. But I managed to get the silky rewards away!  In the meantime, Elaine slapped away my Grays moving in to try and take her, and Katie's girls started laying me out.

In the meantime, I had rifled through her tent with my other sidekick, and he moved in to try and get personal with the Sisters.

And the fight over the underth...um, maps intensified to the point that everyone was failing rolls, and cards were flying about.  The Sisters had found and taken the artifact hidden on the second story of one of the buildings as well.

And then the damned firebombs went off.

The fight with Elaine, Bunny, and our toughest figures was going, well, poorly for everyone except Robo-Pinky, my robotic Sidekick who was a brawling beast.

And we ended tied, as I had left the Red Herring card in the Reward deck, and one of mine was canceled. I did end up with Elaine, however, so we decided it was a win for me.

Oh, by the way, the little gold rings mark who has activated.

Next, we decided that Elaine will escape me, and be trying to flee, as the Sisters try to assist, and I look for an evil Mekaniak.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: Pulp Alley AAR - Hidalgo Plasma
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 07:41:00 AM »
Looks like an interesting game - I should dust off my copy of PA and give it a read
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Pulp Alley AAR - Hidalgo Plasma
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
Yeah! Underpanties for the win :D...how fitting the greys have caught her. Probing time...
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”