Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:51:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Dixon Miniatures, customer service?  (Read 3568 times)

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
(COMMERCIAL) Dixon Miniatures, customer service?
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:39:21 PM »
I made a substantial order to Dixon miniatures over a week ago, paid with Paypal.  I never got any kind of order confirmation from Dixon.  Days later I thought perhaps I gave the wrong email, so I wrote them to make sure, and requested an order confirmation...still nothing several days later.  I've never ordered from them before, is this the way they  do business?
Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Dixon Miniatures, customer service?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:33:01 PM »
Never had a problem with them.

I can't remember whether I received any email confirmations when I have placed orders in the past though.

The orders usually come though in about two weeks.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:57:45 PM »
I've never had a confirmation from them from what I can remember. It usually get a reply within a few days of emailing them sometimes a bit longer. I've never had a problem with them in the past.

Orders tend to take a week or two. From what I remember.

The owner of dixon minitures posts on the ronin and fist full of Kung fu and ronin Facebook groups every now and then, I will chuck him a link to this thread.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:00:40 PM by carlos13th »

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:22:23 PM »
I have ordered for years from Dixon to the US - Chicago, Illinois area.  They have always shipped what I ordered.  The transit time from the order to the arrival of the new toys seems to take a long time, but not especially longer than I have experienced from other firms located in Britain.  I am not aware of any order confirmation process from them.  (Sometimes I called to place the order with Dixon.)

Although I have done it many times in the past, within the last few months I have not ordered recently from Redoubt, Britannia, Foundry, Dixon, Galloping Major (still wait on the shipment of my most recent order) and others, etc., and I am not aware of a change in the postage through Royal Mail. 

If it gets too expensive to order things from Britain I will have a difficult time remaining a wargamer, since most of the merchandise I buy (figures) comes from that location.  I have also ordered a few times from Eureka in Australia without a problem.  Although I hate to ship them that far, I have sent several orders of many, many figures to Sri Lanka for painting without any problems (other than the expense).

I for one would be very sad to be cut off from dealing with British manufacturers by the costs of postage.

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:18:34 AM »
I have ordered from Dixon a few times in the past. I don't remember getting an email confirmation. I got my order within a couple of weeks though.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +109

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
Never had a problem with them.

Same experience here.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Online marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
I received my last order from Dixon in under 7 days.  That is a record for any shipment to Guam!!
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Geudens

• Mastermind
  • 39th generation heir of Charles Martel (no joke!)
    • http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 10:24:30 AM »

Same experience here.

I have always experienced  the best service from them.
do visit my websites & photobucket:
http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
http://www.tsoa.be/
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/geudens_photos/

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 03:22:42 PM »
The transit time from the order to the arrival of the new toys seems to take a long time

I live in Wisconsin, so it's about the same distance...what is your definition of "a long time".  I'm not in panic mode yet, but it's been a month since I made my order.  I never got any response from Dixon and don't have any kind of confirmation or order number or anything to even confirm this order is being taken care of (other than the fact they took my paypal money).  Usually my oversees orders only take a couple weeks.

I was so excited to re-do my entire town in Dixon figures (I enjoy the old school look), and I was planning on painting while on vacation...and now my vacation is almost over.  I hate it when excitement turns to frustration.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Dixon Miniatures, customer service?
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 05:13:03 AM »
They are on Facebook as well if you 'do' Facebook. I'm at work at the moment but will send Trevor a link to the thread hopefully in a couple of hours. I sure there will be a rational explanation as he is extremely reliable to my knowledge.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »
if you 'do' Facebook.

Ha ha...I don't.  I've always ben afraid of soaking up too much of my free time.

Like I said, I'm not in "panic mode", I'm just not really used to not getting any sort of confirmation or acknowledgment when I order something.  Usually I have invoices, emails when an item ships, tracking numbers, ect.  All I have with this one is crossed fingers every time I walk out to the mailbox.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »
I've had the odd order with Dixon where I've not heard anything and then they've appeared a few weeks late,  but I've never doubted that I would get the goods.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »
PM sent Grubman  :)