Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:49:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Impudent Mortal's Warehouse District Terrain Kickstarter  (Read 4623 times)

Offline wdlanghans

• Bookworm
    • Impudent Mortal Facebook
Impudent Mortal's Warehouse District Terrain Kickstarter
« on: March 02, 2015, 09:35:19 PM »
Hey guys!

Just wanted to give you a heads up about our current Kickstarter, the Warehouse District. We designed it for a super hero kind of vibe, and we also offer the buildings and other terrain with a 1.5" grid for those of you who need it :D We are already funded and only have 15 days left!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1141913215/impudent-mortals-warehouse-district/comments
Don't Worry I Have a Plan

Offline Maccwar

• Librarian
Re: Impudent Mortal's Warehouse District Terrain Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »
Some lovely stuff there - had you run this 12 months ago then I would have dived straight in.

Any idea when this will be available for normal purchase after the kickstarter?

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:30:29 PM »
It will be, I am in for a building (if only one and the scatter).
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:59:30 PM »
I hate to be 'that guy' .... but why is this on kickstarter?  You have several other kickstarters, which purchased the equipment you needed.  And I liked those kickstarters -- missed them, and still feel bad about not getting in on them.  But this doesn't look to be anything other than pre-sales.  You are designing the stuff yourself, right?  No new equipment needed for this ... I know you are adding on new designs, but it appears the main buildings are already designed and printable.

Am I missing something on this?

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 11:10:47 PM »
Backed. Now to tighten the belt to afford it.  :-X

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:52:01 AM »
I'm sorely tempted by this.  Will be watching. 

Incidentally, I saw on the KS page that You are in Buford, GA.  That's about 10 miles from me.  Small world.
This is my boomstick!

Offline wdlanghans

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys!

@ Maccwar - probably 4th quarter this year. It's going to depend on how long it takes to get the pledges out.

@ dwbullock - No worries :D

To answer your question, we originally used KS to start our company off. We rented time on a laser to get a few prototypes and went from there. Now what we use KS for is 3 things.

First it's a inexpensive way for us to test the market about our new designs. If people don't like it the line won't make it to the website, and all it's cost us is the R&D to develop the terrain vs, developing a line of terrain, making a bunch for inventory and then just having it sit there. Second, KS is a good way to get advertising. Ever project has the chance to go viral, and new people who might not have ever heard of Impudent Mortal come to KS every day so that's just more exposure for us. Lastly, and most importantly, it's a way of us giving back to the people who help get our company started in the first place. We post these projects, give them the ability to get this terrain before anyone else, AND put there 2 cents in for what additional terrain that they would like to see. A VAST majority of our current terrain is a direct response to what people wanted.

Kickstarter has evolved, it now not only helps get companies off the ground but it also provides a platform for business to expand based on the same crowd model.

@Doomsdave yes it is :D

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »
Really nice stuff you've got there.  A bit rich for my budget, but from what I can see it looks to be worth every penny! I really like the way you've built in alot of features to make them more wargame-mini-friendly.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 06:13:04 PM »
I had the pleasure to meet them this weekend and see much of their line in person...needless to say they robbed me of several dollars in exchange for great scenery! Plus many of the other guys walked away very happy with their products....I can say support the small companies and help them grow their line either through KS or online sales....plus if you have not checked out their website they have instructions online which some other MDF companies do not supply you.

Can't wait for the pool house to appear as a Super Hero base and the warehouse making on the WW2 and Superhero scene...who knows I got a stable also for WW2 but may work for Supers also..

Offline wdlanghans

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »
Thanks for the kind words styx! We had a blast at Crucible 4!

Hey Guys! Just a heads up our (Impudent Mortal) Kickstarter will be ending Monday (3/16/2015), and if you haven't seen it your going to want to check out our last stretch goal, an elevated subway system.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1141913215/impudent-mortals-warehouse-district