Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:51:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Myth (Expansion)  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
[Kickstarter] Myth (Expansion)
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:40:19 PM »
The expansion for the game Myth has hit kickstarter and the first stretch goals are being reached pretty quickly.
While the game and miniatures might not be everyone cup of tea, I like both.

The miniatures from the initial game a pretty dynamic and paint up pretty well. The material is plastic, but a harder type than used in most boardgames.
 anyhow, here are some pictures of what you'll get for $120:

consisting of:

and

The last stretch goal has not been reached yet. A further stretch goal (for reaching 3k backers) is the following:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:58:54 PM by Braxandur »
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: Myth (Expansion) - Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:41:38 PM »
The miniatures from the initial game a pretty dynamic and paint up pretty well. The material is plastic, but a harder type than used in most boardgames.

I can vouch for that  ;).
The stretch goals look pretty neat too, and the idea of clockwork guard is simply brilliant.
Leadhead

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
Damn, I wonder if there'll be any other way to acquire those. Those ticktocks look absolutely perfect for a totally different application, but I don't need any of that other stuff. Perhaps they will be available as a separately purchasable module once this KS is done?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »
As far as I can tell they will be available later in a box costing $30 for 10 of the small ones, two commanders and 1 captain + some campaign stuff for the game.

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 11:05:39 PM »
Looks interesting enough for me to ask, any idea how one could get hold of the base game in the UK? I'd be tempted to have a punt on the pledge in this KS which gives the main game plus the expansions etc, but since it's only shipping to Canada/USA. This might have been raised in the comments, but not reading through 2000 odd to find out...!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:09:19 PM »
As far as I can tell they will be available later in a box costing $30 for 10 of the small ones, two commanders and 1 captain + some campaign stuff for the game.

Sounds good!

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 05:19:25 PM »
any idea how one could get hold of the base game in the UK?

Many FLGS should have it, if not there's allways Wayland Games.

They don't offer the base game+ pledge to Europe and RoW, because of shipping. They reckon costumers are better of getting it in their own country.

And it just might be my favourite game at the moment. It's reaaly great.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
Here is a bit more information with regard to the supplements:
The monsters in the modules range round out those you received as SG. Future versions of these modules, if they are available at retail (which isn't a guarantee) will be more expensive and have the full complement of minis. The majority of the modules you will unlock during this KS fall into this category.

a few more stretch goals have been reached:

The following are upcoming (the first one has been reached and shown above, but is part of the picture, so just ignore it):

Contents of the box:

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 07:17:02 PM »
Now at 331k. At 350k they will show stretch goals which ly after 400k.
These ones will still be before that:

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 08:06:56 PM »
i think i'm going to give into this instead of the cmon one. having the original game already

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: [Kickstarter] Myth (Expansion)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »
The kickstarter is now reaching $380k and a few more strech goals were shown:

These models bring up the amount of individul included count nicely. After that I expect that they will start showing Naga models (as one of those is a mini-boss in the Shores of Kanis expansion) and hopefully add another module at around $500k making the module set more interesting.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 06:14:05 PM »
The campaign is now at 330k and aagain a few new stretch goals have been revealed:

They also posted pictures of the updated monster and quest cards, which look way better (especially clearer) meaning the game became much better playable.

With still 9 days to go with almost 700 people at the $6 level and the 48 hour reminder to go, I expect quite a few more stretch goals.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 08:59:09 AM »
I feel a bit like spamming you guys a bit by keep you up to date with this kickstarter, but I'll still keep you updated:

The kickstarter now has 114 models in the basic pledge ($120), with quite a few large ones (mini-boss and boss) a a reasonable amount of unique sculpts. In the next 4 stretch goals, which should easily be reached, another 14 will get added.

The $130 all-in-modules option now has 5 add-ons with the 6th one within easy reach and will at that point have 90 miniatures in it as well, with undoubtly more on the way as well.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:37:26 AM by Braxandur »

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »
All the above stretch goals have been reached.  With still three days to go, here are the next stretch goals:

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 12:26:07 AM »
I just backed the KS, after having sold enough other stuff to be able to afford going in full tilt. I only got a captain's level plus some select extra's when the original Myth KS was over, and a good friend was willing to let me hop on board by adding my list to his, when the Pledge Manager opened up. This meant I got the game and my selection of add-ons, but of course I did not share in all of the stretch goals, which made the KS such a good deal.  :?

So I reckoned nothing like that would happen this time around. Now; I've got everything covered...  :D

The basic Minion $120,- level pledge now stands at 163 miniatures, with 80 unique sculpts. And that's without any add-ons, which can also be a good deal, such as the all-in module add-on, which will probably add another 116 minis (in 8 modules) for $130,-...

Here's where we stand now:

Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!