Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 528
Total: 532

Recent

Author Topic: Artizan Second Afghan War Afghan Regulars and British Pics  (Read 10234 times)

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Artizan Second Afghan War Afghan Regulars and British Pics
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »
Afghan Regulars. Yeah baby!!
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:50 PM »
The Punjabis are excellent.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 10:47:00 PM »
I'm pretty excited to see those Afghan regulars.  I've been delaying replacing my Foundry figures that went missing in a move several years ago, but this might do the trick (Foundry:  £12 for 6 figures, vs Artizan/North Star £5.60 for 6). 

Will there be command, artillery and/or cavalry in the near future?

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 08:54:55 AM »
Thanks you Mad Guru! You have come to the rescue yet again!! Huzzah!

Now I can work out what I need to buy!  :D

Trying a "work-around" solution, Darrell!  Hopefully here is the third and final page of the index in question, which includes the standard paper strength of different types of regiments and the number of such regiments in the army at the outbreak of hostilities in 1878:

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 09:41:26 AM »
Darrell,

My pleasure to be able to be help.  After seeing the Artizan Afghan regular infantry in Turbans I'm really hoping Artizan will make seperate packs of HEADS available for this range, as those turbaned Afghan heads would allow me to create a unit I need for my Charasiab project, namely the 14th Bengal Lancers AKA: Murray's Jats.  I assume Mike Owen and Artizan will be coming out with Bengal Lancers sooner or later, as they are probably the most iconic troop type from the Anglo-Indian army, and once they do it will be simple to remove and replace one cavalry unit's worth of heads.  Of course it would be even better if they made Bengal Lancers in multiple choices of headgear besides Sikh and "Muslim" turbans wrapped around pointed kullahs, but one can only expect so much!  Seeing those Afghan turbans was a happy surprise as I've been in a bit of a dilemma of late over which "wrong" style of turban-wearing lancers to order.  I was already waiting with expectation for the Artizan Highland command in order to raise the 92nd, now I'm waiting for Artizan Bengal Lancers as well!  I hope they arrive sooner rather than later, as I'd like to have all the right units looking as accurate as possible, ready to refight Charasiab in time for the fifth annual The Sword And The Flame convention -- "Colonial Barracks V" -- in New Orleans this coming November.  I brought my "Maiwand Day" game to the first one back in 2011 and it was one of the best wargame convention experiences of my life.
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Darrell,

My pleasure to be able to be help.  After seeing the Artizan Afghan regular infantry in Turbans I'm really hoping Artizan will make seperate packs of HEADS available for this range, as those turbaned Afghan heads would allow me to create a unit I need for my Charasiab project, namely the 14th Bengal Lancers AKA: Murray's Jats.  I assume Mike Owen and Artizan will be coming out with Bengal Lancers sooner or later, as they are probably the most iconic troop type from the Anglo-Indian army, and once they do it will be simple to remove and replace one cavalry unit's worth of heads.  Of course it would be even better if they made Bengal Lancers in multiple choices of headgear besides Sikh and "Muslim" turbans wrapped around pointed kullahs, but one can only expect so much!  Seeing those Afghan turbans was a happy surprise as I've been in a bit of a dilemma of late over which "wrong" style of turban-wearing lancers to order.  I was already waiting with expectation for the Artizan Highland command in order to raise the 92nd, now I'm waiting for Artizan Bengal Lancers as well!  I hope they arrive sooner rather than later, as I'd like to have all the right units looking as accurate as possible, ready to refight Charasiab in time for the fifth annual The Sword And The Flame convention -- "Colonial Barracks V" -- in New Orleans this coming November.  I brought my "Maiwand Day" game to the first one back in 2011 and it was one of the best wargame convention experiences of my life.

This is certainly worth mentioning to Nick and Nike. I wonder if the same could be done for many of the Afghan Regular NCO's?

I'll send Nick a mail asking him what he thinks (he's probably getting a bit tired of me e-mail's re: this range on mini's!!

I wish I could get over to New Orleans!! Sounds like a wonderful game!!

Cheers,
Darrell.

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »
Loads more on the Northstar site!! Two packs of guides, highlanders at the ready, and British infantry advancing.

No pics I'm afraid as I'm on my phone.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 07:34:09 PM »
Loads more on the Northstar site!! Two packs of guides, highlanders at the ready, and British infantry advancing.

Done  ;) :).

Darrell.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 07:36:16 PM »

I'm not  :D ;) :D

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
Thanks gents, some great releases there.   :-*

The guides are superb, especially the ones in poshteens. :D

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 09:17:36 PM »
I'm not  :D ;) :D

Arthur, I've put the pics in my second post of the thread.

Still, good to see them again  :)

Darrell.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »
Just want to say THANK YOU, Darrell!  With the continuing new releases it looks like this is shaping up to be the figure range of record for one of my all-time favorite periods.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 05:30:40 AM »
Just want to say THANK YOU, Darrell!  With the continuing new releases it looks like this is shaping up to be the figure range of record for one of my all-time favorite periods.

No need to thank me- my pleasure. I just hope that mike's got the time to answer.

I wholeheartedly agree, it is shaping up to be one of my all time favourite ranges too! I'll be going back to the early days of your Maiwand Day blog and having a good read from day one to see what I can gleen (which is in the link below for anyone who has not seen it:)

http://maiwandday.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers,
Darrell.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 02:36:05 PM »
Dunno if they're in the pipeline but a second pack of Punjabis advancing at high porte would be perfect to provide a second rank for NWF 120. All the more so as the dollies exist and have already been used for the guides :

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »
Good suggestion!!

Darrell.