Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:51:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691278
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Worldworks Games MegaMall Preview  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
Re: Worldworks Games MegaMall Preview
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 12:37:20 AM »
@Deathwing: I thought your last two builds were pretty nice. Inspired me to get Shellendrak and Platform Command. Just have to build them.  :) Did you see the attic Wraeththu added to her Shellendrak?

@ Sterling: The process is pretty easy. You can buy directly from WorldWorks. They also have a 3rd party vendor, http://www.yourgamesnow.com. I usually download the file onto my computer, look through the pdfs and then save anything I want printed at Staples onto a flashdrive. I usually write down a list of the file names and how many copies of each. I usually specify that I need them printed with a color laser printer on 110 pound cardstock, or on transparencies. The stores I use usually say it'll be an hour and I come back and pick them up. Transparencies cost about $1.20 per sheet, color laser print out on cardstock is around $1/page. (That's why I prefer home printing for cardstock, I can do that much cheaper, especially with cheap ink. Transparencies are very expensive for my deskjets @~$35 for 25 sheets, so it's better for me to get my transparencies at Staples.)
You won't need to resize anything, they are perfectly sized for 25-28mm figs.
The files download as a big compressed pdf with multiple folders for things like walls, floors, props, roofs, and accessories. Each folder will also have detailed illustrated instructions as well.
There are also tutorials available on the site to help you get started, and if you need help or have questions, there is a very active, friendly community in the WWG forums.
Also, there are some free files you can download so you can get an idea of how cool their stuff is.  :)
Sorry for the long post. Coffee just kicked in.  :)

Luckyjoe

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 12:44:04 AM »
Thanks Luckyjoe,
I'll give it a try.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 02:02:54 AM »
I think some of you might be underestimating the value of your various printers. I print all of my stuff on my Canon IP3000.  It's definitely the low-end range of printers and it definitely won't match the lasers. However, the results are great and I've found consistency will get you very far. 

I've got a Canon IP2000 Ink Jet printer and print everything at normal resolution.

I print it on the thickest card that I can buy and have absolutely no problems.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 10:19:45 PM »
@Deathwing: I thought your last two builds were pretty nice. Inspired me to get Shellendrak and Platform Command. Just have to build them.  Smiley Did you see the attic Wraeththu added to her Shellendrak

Yes, I saw that attic.  Brilliant as usual.  Seeing her entire multi-floor mansion with no weird angles or oblong box shapes made me look at my poor little build with envy.  I have to use extra strips just to cover the extra gaps between the boxes since everything doesn't line up properly.  Oh well.  Next time I just have to work harder or some such.

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 10:20:11 PM »
Did you see the attic Wraeththu added to her Shellendrak?

Glad you liked it. I need to take photos of the finished manor. It is done. I just need to get some time to take the pictures.

As for the Mayhem Mall. I know I want to convert this to foamcore as well. But that is way down the list right now. I am sure it will take quite some time to build it. But it would be amazing to have a 3ft x 3ft mall with multiple floors to game on.
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:41 PM »
I'm looking forward to your next pics, Audrey. Your Shellendrak build is phenomenal. :) I've been using your tutorials in my builds. They're excellent. I'm wondering whether you put a widow's walk on the roof?

Luckyjoe

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »
Been waiting for this a very long time.... I now HAVE to go fetch me some more foamboard very soon (1 hour drive in each direction  >:(  )

Make sure you fill the car up with the stuff, to make it worthwhile  ;)

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 02:57:08 AM »
Hi, everyone. Great news! The Mayhem Mega Mall was just released at World Works Games site. I bought it and downloaded it. It is AWESOME! :o There are so many great features, it always seems like I see the previews and they look great, but they never do justice to the actual product. It has 10 pages of blood-smeared props alone. I have so been waiting for this. For me, this is the magnum opus of Mayhem. :)

So, if you've been waiting for this set, its out.

Luckyjoe

Offline BigMecha

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 03:42:51 AM »
I think it is very nice!

zombies!  shop till your dead ' slogan  :D
::::: Ancients::::::::
:::::: World War I :::::::
::::::: World War II ::::::::
:::::::: Science Fiction :::::::
:::::::::::    Fantasy   :::::::::::::::

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 09:27:29 AM »
It has 10 pages of blood-smeared props alone.

I usually provide my own bloodstains when modelling, so this is a great selling point!  lol

It looks fantastic on their site and from what you say, is a "must-have".

I'm looking to use it for much more than zombie games - Dr Who springs instantly to mind  :)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 05:39:21 AM »
Just purchased and downloaded my copy.  It's an impressive undertaking and provides a lot of material to work with.  Really needs more variety of storefronts but I imagine their Kitbashers may take a run at that.  It still has the one failing of most Worldworks products, though - inefficient use of space.  What's the deal with one small feature on its own page when it could be tucked in the corner of another half-empty page? Oh, well, it's still a neat product.
One thing, though.  If this was a real mall, I'd seriously consider wearing a Biohazard suit before shopping there! And that's before any zombies got through trashing it!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »
@Archangel: Yeah, there is a huge amount of material, 280 components? That'll keep us busy for a while.  :) I've been making the props to use in some of my other builds. It would be nice not to have a few orphan components on a single page, but I can overlook that based on the outstanding overall quality. Plus, if you have an editing program like GIMP, or Paintshop, or Photoshop, you can create your own pages to print and never have any waste space. One thing I really like is how well laid out on the page the props are. Because they're so precisely alligned, I can score several at once without having to even reposition my ruler. That really sped up my prop making. That may explain why Paul set them up the way he did. Enjoy your builds and I hope you'll post some pics soon.  :)

Luckyjoe

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »
Afraid it'll be a while before I start mine.  My printer needs to be euthanized, I need a new scanner and I'm running out of space so I need a new external hard drive, too.  The money tree out back doesn't seem to be bearing fruit, either.  :(

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 09:28:23 PM »
, if you have an editing program like GIMP, or Paintshop, or Photoshop, you can create your own pages to print and never have any waste space.

I really need to know your method, here, please?

Do you break up the pdfs with the software to rearrange them, or do you print out and scan them to start re-working the layout?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Zephalo

• Student
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
I really need to know your method, here, please?

Do you break up the pdfs with the software to rearrange them, or do you print out and scan them to start re-working the layout?
The easiest way to do it is copying the images from the pdf and paste it into the graphic software of your choice.
Avoid the snapshot function of Adobe Reader as it makes copies with screen resolution instead of the real resolution of the image in the pdf.

Hope that helps,
Zephalo
Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most.