Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Upcoming Event Worthy Of Note  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
Upcoming Event Worthy Of Note
« on: March 16, 2015, 04:45:43 PM »
In Her Majesty’s Name Day

Saturday 27th June 2015 at Wargames Illustrated HQ,
 Beeston, Nottingham

…Ah, my dear friend, please come in. Care for a snifter of brandy? Carruthers, bring another glass, chop chop! Good man, now get out will you? Sharpish man, sharpish!

Good, he’s gone, can’t have the servants listening in on secrets, eh what? Now, we need you and your, er, associates, to perform a little task for us. Well, I say a little task, more a case of entire future of the Empire potentially at stake but you’ve been through all that before, haven’t you?

We need you to put together an Adventuring Company using the standard format, although the actual physical make-up of your group is up to you, there are no restrictions on origin. Just use the widely available versions as listed in Messrs. Cartmell and Murton’s Guides To Adventure.

You will have your base in and around the great city of London and be expected to conduct an investigation into various rumours that have come to HM Government’s attention. We don’t have anything concrete to go on, just the last words of some ne’er do well found near the East India Docks. As he gasped his last few breaths through blood flecked lips, he stated quite clearly ‘Her Majesty will be destroyed upon the next full moon’. Oh, which is in three days time, by the way, so you’d better hop to it, don’t yer know?

So, off you pop, I’ll get Carruthers to let you out. Carruthers! Carruthers!? Where is the damn fellow?  Of course, this whole matter is shrouded in secrecy, don’t want to start a panic or some such, so discretion is the key, plus some good old fashioned self-reliance, you probably like that sort of thing, eh? Carruthers, where are you, you scoundrel? Oh well, I’ll see you out, report back in the usual way but I shan’t be seeing you again until the matter is resolved. Well, God speed and all that, don’t cause too much property damage and watch out for civilians this time, there’s a good fellow. Goodbye!

Now then Carruthers, where in Hades are you? Are you in here? I say, Carruthers, what’s all this blood doing here? Hang on, who the Devil are you? What, now hang on, do you know who I am? Good God, well, you won’t take me without a fight, have at you, fiend, Mycroft Holmes will give a good account of himself!...

Join the adventure by using the Ethernet thingy at letters@wargamesillustrated.net
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Upcoming Event Worthy Of Note
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »
Points level?

The missus is working that day so I still don't know if I'm free...
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Upcoming Event Worthy Of Note
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
I'm going to lock this topic (as it has already been posted on the IHMN child board) but will leave it here to allow those who don't frequent the IHMN board to see it.

If you wish to comment please do so on the other topic to avoid any confusion. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing