Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:14:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Multiplayer RONIN Game  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Multiplayer RONIN Game
« on: March 22, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »
I will present Ronin game during one of the biggest CZ convention about fantasy, games etc.
Unfortuantely organisator requests, that any presentation is for at least 4 players. So I have two hours to present Ronin, and to prepare introductory game - for four players.

Do you have any experience with multiplayer Ronin Game?

I wander if maybe the best option how to "multiplay" is to give each player control over one or more players, and the one who will be the commander will roll all important dices.

Offline Sturmpioneer

• Librarian
    • http://www.kingsfordminiatures.org
Re: Multiplayer RONIN Game
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »
My first thought is not to have a band bigger than 5 figures.  Minimize the number of weapons types on the table.  No calvary and no special rules.  Also I highly recommend some simplified play aids to help the players.  Also, have a smallish playing area.  I tend to go overboard with table size so somebody else may have a better idea on that part.  I'll have a look at my thread from my presentation game last year and see if I had notes in it.

I ran it with 3 players and about 30+ models which is really too big for Ronin (IMO) but I had a big time slot and enthusiastic players, so no issues there.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:08:42 PM by Sturmpioneer »
Makers of 28mm Samurai!
www.kingsfordminiatures.org

Offline Sturmpioneer

• Librarian
    • http://www.kingsfordminiatures.org
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:00:22 PM »
Here are some of the play aids my friend put together to cut down on complexity for the demo games:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27271090/RSG%20Hidetora%20Force%20Cards.pdf

Here is the thread scroll down the page:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=62393.msg785035;topicseen#msg785035

All game aids courtesy of Mr. Peabody.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:03:49 PM by Sturmpioneer »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »
If you have the figures make one of the factions NPC villagers/Peasant types and "play" those yourself. You can use them to balance the rest of the game for the other players by changing sides as necessary.

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »
Thank you guys, I have full Kensei starter army and some additional samurais at the moment and my bro has martial masters.

I think I will go with 5 bushi buntai models on each side,
1 guy will play leader. He will do all army dice rolls and will  control the leader.
2 additional players will control 2 models each.

Every player will get his own sheet with basic rolls and basic rules and skills of his controlled soldiers. I plan to spent about 30 minutes to introduce the rules.

For the second game I plan Grand Tournament
8 players, each will get his own samurai with character sheet. Swiss tournament System 1 to 1 combat for three turns 15 minutes each. First Round: Challange. Each tournament turn for three rounds (probably I have to test this). Points scoring: Light Wound 1pt, Grievous Wound 2pt, Unconsciouss 5Pt. This is subject of test as well. Wins as additional points, Honorary behaviour=additional points.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:48:01 PM by Dalcor »

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:01 PM »
Hi Dalcor
Sorry I can not comment on your question but I am travelling down to Greece from uk via denmark and intend to go through  Prague. Can you tell me when your convention is taking place as I have a very loose timetable and maybe could call in, if it fits.
Thanks
John

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 02:15:58 AM »
It's actually rather easy to have a four player Ronin game, for a demo/presentation one just start on all four sides since the rules use a square board for the standard scenarios. Something like the capture the shrine extra one could work from the various after release ones, just have everyone start on a side of the table with a gap from the corners and each other.

Priority would be more of a roll off for things

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:10:22 AM »
Hi Dalcor
Sorry I can not comment on your question but I am travelling down to Greece from uk via denmark and intend to go through  Prague. Can you tell me when your convention is taking place as I have a very loose timetable and maybe could call in, if it fits.
Thanks
John
I have just replied via PM.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:14:40 AM by Dalcor »