Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: War of Wonders - Miniature Game  (Read 34808 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
War of Wonders - Miniature Game
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:35:44 PM »
Just found about this game on a Dust FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/WoWMG?ref=stream

http://war-of-wonders-miniature-game.webnode.it/

Nazi Germany declares war on Europe and its army is unstoppable. Prodigious beings appear on the battlefields to support the Wehrmacht's efforts: flying men shower flames upon the enemy; women wearing iron masks punch through tank armour; bloodthirsty beasts devour entire regiments. The world is about to succumb to the might of the Third Reich.

Aaron Spiegelmann, a Jewish scientist who escaped from Mauthausen concentration camp, is the Allies' only hope of stopping the Nazis. Spiegelmann is the genius who created the Wunderkammer, a new technology that allowed the Germans to create real superheroes with extraordinary powers. With his guidance, the US army launches Project H.O.P.E. in order to produce their own genetically modified humans to be deployed on the battlefields.
As WW II rages on and every army creates its own Meta-Humans and war machines, Natural Prodigies, unscrupulous Adventurers and even Warlocks' secret enclaves step into battle. From European battlefields to Pacific waters, a conflict like never before is unleashed and spreads with no boundaries: humanity will forever remember it as the first War of Wonders.

Welcome! War of Wonders Miniature Game is a fast paced 30mm strategic skirmish game based on the deeply immersive setting of Project H.O.P.E. Rpg by authors Simone Fini and Riccardo Giuliani, published by Limana Press.
In War of Wonders extraordinary human beings with powers beyond imagination fight on WW II battlefields alongside regular troops and iconic heavy tanks to change History. National heroes, monsters born in laboratories and mysterious beings with their own secret goals: every and each of them will add new tactics, game options and strategies to your games.
War of Wonders will be launched through crowdfunding on Febraury 2015. You can follow the project on this blog and discover the complex background, the fighting forces, the armies, their Meta-Humans and the story of these extraordinary beings.

What's an army without its leaders? In War of Wonders your troops will be led by Meta-Humans able to fly or move across the battlefield jumping long distances, heroes with extraordinary technological equipments or able to shoot flames from their hands, evoke lightning or haunt enemies' minds with terrifying visions to break their morale and force them to retreat. There are indeed different kinds of Meta-Humans, and each battle will be different from the other, according to the hero you choose, because each of them is more effective against certain enemies.
You will be able to choose:
Adventurers – they lack superpowers, but they undergo a special training and have advanced or even unique equipments.
Keepers – their powers come from a magical artifact they wield in battle.
Warlocks – sages and guardians of ancient knowledges, they are able to bend the laws of physic to their will with spells and rituals.
Natural Prodigies – they were born with a superpower that usually blossomed or broke out when they found themselves under attack or in heavily stressful situations.
Lab Prodigies – they underwent experiments that granted them their superpowers, or gained them in the Wunderkammern, a technology able to awaken the dormant potential of the human body.
Machine-Men – their bodies are part flesh and part iron, they have mechanical prosthesis and limbs that allow them performances beyond human capabilities.

I don't need the rules, but the miniatures will be welcome, specially the meta-humans. Here's a scale photo of one of the minis they made:

As far as I can tell, they still haven't made their KS.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:06:23 PM by Predatorpt »

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
Re: War of Wonders - Miniature Game
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:44:24 PM »
That German doctor would be perfect in my Arnim Zola Army!  :P

Offline ColonelKurtz

• Schoolboy
  • Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:59:55 AM »
But why 30mm?
There are very few problems in the world that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »
As far as I can tell, they still haven't made their KS
Their Facebook update as of April 2 says "Soon on Kickstarter" so presumably it didn't happen last February but will start before the next. One assumes they might've needed extra time to finish the deal with "another company" to run this on KS instead of some less popular platform.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:48:06 PM »
But why 30mm?

Probably because calling many miniatures 28mm these days is a bit of a push. It probably would be much the same as saying heroic 28mm, obviously I haven't seen these in the flesh or against any other minis than those shown but they are both advertised as 28mm and they look to fit reasonably well so I wouldn't worry overly much.

Although I also have no experience with their last figures and they were big if I recall so maybe disregard what I just said, someone a bit more knowledge with this range could maybe weigh in.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:13:48 PM »
Maybe an Italian member can go check the game out? ;)

Next weekend, the first demo table of War of Wonders will be presented at PLAY: Festival del Gioco in Modena (Italy). Come visit us at stall A38 to lead your Meta-Humans to battle!

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 01:28:49 AM »
some nice looking figures- it got me interested...
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 05:36:09 AM »
Metal figures, and they have a partner co., according to the Facebook - needed for the KS.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 09:59:05 PM »
Some pictures of actual metal miniatures!  :D

Brunhild (German Villain)

The Staff (American Hero)

You should already know our Meta-Humans, we talked about them a lot on this blog and we showed you the concept arts, but today you can see them in their full glory.
Premiered at Play, the game fair in Modena on April 11-12th, these are the first miniatures that will be released with War of Wonders Kickstarter: German Lab Prodigy Brunhild (with two head choices) and US Adventurer The Flag. They're 3D printed in white metal by Greebo Miniatures for Limana.

Read more: http://war-of-wonders-miniature-game.webnode.it/news/meet-brunhild-and-the-flag/

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 10:31:20 PM »
Very Metropolis.

Offline pws

• Scientist
    • Pippoweb hobby blog
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »
Maybe an Italian member can go check the game out? ;)

I was at Modena Play days ago, but I did not had the time to test it personally, but looking at the other people playing it looks fun.
http://www.limanaumanita.com/ is born as RPG book company,  so the game background should be solid.
Miniatures as I saw and as you can see from the blog are very nice.

I'll keep all of you updated as I know more.
Ciao 
Per aspera ad astra
pippoweb.blogspot.it

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
The minis do look nice, I don't think they'll scale badly against most of the current popular makes - judging it against the Wargames Factory GI in the pic - it's similarly proportioned, more slender than Warlord etc, but not so much as to be a problem - all in all it's looks like a project worth keeping tabs on (I'm looking forward to the German troops).

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »
Hello everyone, glad to meet you, I'm Luca Pantanetti, Limana Umaněta press office.

I wanna reassure you that we signed all the necessary papers and agreements and our KS for War of Wonders will start very soon :)

I read your posts and I'm glad to see there's so much interest in the game. Like pws here above stated, War of Wonders is based on our Project H.O.P.E. Rpg and has an extensive background. Our blog and Facebook page will keep you updated on the game and incoming KS, but if you have any questions, I'll gladly answer here on Lead Adventure Forum :)

Here is a glimpse of Brunhild and The Flag (respectively a Nazi and US Meta-Human) battling, shot at Modena Play. Hope you enjoy it

EDIT:
War of Wonders blog http://war-of-wonders-miniature-game.webnode.it/blog/
War of Wonders Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WoWMG?ref=bookmarks
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:46:54 PM by DoctorS »

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »
Hello!

We're moving on, getting ready to start. We're previewing our KS campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/827575229/352886513?token=fd58fdc1

We need your feedbacks! :)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 07:04:44 AM »
It would be nice to get a comparison shot between Dust minis. For some reason it's rather difficult to find any of them shown alongside either Warlord or WGF figs, at least in pic that you can really see any size differences.