Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690988
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: War of Wonders - Miniature Game  (Read 34811 times)

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
Re: War of Wonders - Miniature Game
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »
Actually, apparently 30mm isn't a scale looked upon favourably either. Pretty sure that's all of the negative criticism I've seen mentioned now.

Maybe the choice of 30mm is unpopular. Though some backers retreated in the last days after choosing an EB at the start of the campaign, so the cause of their fall back might be elsewhere, since they knew what they were pledging for. Maybe some new KS started or is about to start (like Sotr II).

And still, we just unlocked our first stretch goal, it seems Yashamaru is on the way. Thank you all for your constant support :)

Also, we've once again listened to our backers and we're going to launch a limited special pledge today :)

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2015, 11:58:32 AM »
The new pledge level is up right now :)

Check it out on the KS page: https://goo.gl/XOtfQi

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2015, 06:26:31 AM »
Maybe the choice of 30mm is unpopular
Not sure why posters felt it to be so (theories include but are not limited to "they are oversized for 28mm" and "I only game 10/15/20mm") since they just onelined it and I didn't bother asking for explanations. When peeps start with a three word statement their elaborations usually just make me more  o_o

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2015, 10:58:41 AM »
You've all been very supportive and we thank you so much for that. Your feedbacks helped us doing better (we like to think so!) and we still want to hear from you. That's why we intend to modify our stretch goals plan a little, by giving you the chance to choose which miniatures we'll unlock next.

We opened a poll on the War of Wonders MG Support Group on Facebook where you can vote the miniatures you'll see in the second stretch goal. You'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1438686116445671/

We hope to hear from you, because there are some interesting options available:
- British Meta-Human Rose
- Japanese Crimson Dragons paratroopers
- Japanese Kami special squad
- Japanese Meta-Human Sakura, a new miniature that we'll add to this Kickstarter if she's the most voted!

The most voted option will be the next stretch goal!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »
- Japanese Meta-Human Sakura, a new miniature that we'll add to this Kickstarter if she's the most voted!
Not that I really get to vote, but am not keen on the concept. Can't think of a justification for a Japanese woman -- even a meta-human -- to show that much skin in 1940's. I suppose she can stop bullets with her nips but still. That concept might just work OK for a fantasy game but not for quasi-historical one.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »
Not that I really get to vote, but am not keen on the concept. Can't think of a justification for a Japanese woman -- even a meta-human -- to show that much skin in 1940's. I suppose she can stop bullets with her nips but still. That concept might just work OK for a fantasy game but not for quasi-historical one.

I think the nudity is a failure for me too. No logic to it.
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2015, 06:29:06 AM »
On positive note, if I read the Facebook poll right she's not going to win the vote.

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
Thank you for your feedbacks, they're always appreciated :)

That image is from our RPG rulebook, where it made sense, because connected to a specific piece of fiction. Even though we were not sure of its impact, we eventually chose to show it to answer to the requests of backers who wanted a general idea or a sketch of the character they were voting for in the poll.

This is not the miniature concept: in War of Wonders an outfit like that would really have no sense, and we also intend to give the miniature a more dynamic pose :)

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 08:16:59 PM »
8 days to go, and still the possibility of further stretch goals being unlocked with more backers. :)

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2015, 08:49:05 AM »
We received Yashamaru's WIP from our sculptor. Hope you enjoy it :)

He's the first Japanese Meta-Human that will be produced through War of Wonders Kickstarter (https://goo.gl/XOtfQi). And Crimson Dragons paratroopers are on the way!

Offline DoctorS

• Assistant
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »
Yashamaru's final 3D :D

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »

Not quite sure about the spikes on his armour tho.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2015, 06:19:08 AM »
Seeing that folks have been mostly bailing out over the last few days, it doesn't seem like this is going to pass with flying colors -- if indeed at all. DoctorS, are you in any way confident that you can fulfill this project if it only barely meets the funding goal?

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2015, 12:25:39 AM »
I confess that I'm one who left. Way too many troopers in a pledge when there's already tons of weird war 2 stuff out there with more on the way. Shame, too, because I thought there was an excellent market for WWII supers, especially if there was a partnership to do weird conversion bits with some company that did accurate pre-existing troops.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2015, 12:05:40 PM »
Looks like it has funded all the same, now it just remains to be seen by how much. Currently it looks like by not a whole lot -- which usually isn't a good sign :?