Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hex Matts  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Benny

• Librarian
Hex Matts
« on: March 27, 2015, 11:51:20 PM »
Hello all, I am after suggestions for Hex mats. Ideally I would like one with big hexes (5 inches across) for Canvas Eagles and the other side with smaller ones (2 inches across) for Crimson Skies.
Can anyone suggest where I would be able to find manufacturers of Hex Matts please?

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Hex Matts
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 01:29:49 AM »
Hotz Mats has a variety of felt mats mono-colored or with additonal airbrushed details like fields, moon craters, rubble and similar. Hex and Square grid printing is optional and available on both sides in multiple sizes.

http://www.hotzmats.com/1_mat_info_page.html

I had two mats, one green and one desert brown in 4x6. Quality is good, although if you just need a simple mat without any effects or grid then a sheet of felt from the local fabric store is much cheaper. Be aware that the time from ordering until it arrives at your door is hit-or-miss; I ordered from Germany and it only took about two weeks from the U.S., but others had order times of multiple months even when ordering from within the U.S.. In the end however, I think everyone gets their order, it's just that Hots seems to work in batches and if your orders falls between a batch processing session, then you might have to wait.

Offline Benny

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »
Thanks, I have looked at Hotts mats and Corsec Engineering. From speaking with others about them I have heard about it taking months to fill out orders and the support from the company being poor. I was hoping there might be an alternative.

Offline jmilesr01

• Librarian
    • lair of the Uber Geek
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 10:04:32 AM »
Hotz can be hit or miss on delivery times and their customer communication skills are, shall we say, "limited".  I've order 3 times and had one order take 6 months with no updates.  The quality of the Hotz products is good.

I've not had any problems with Coresec

Miles
http://lairoftheubergeek.blogspot.com