Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690889
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons meets Shadows of Brimstone  (Read 82595 times)

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
Re: Strange Aeons meets Shadows of Brimstone
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2016, 06:20:29 PM »
Turn 2

Clive orders the group to spread out to their left to get ready for the rat pack (see Pic 1). Clem prepares a stick dynamite ready to throw. Padre Pedro begins loudly praying for God to bless Clem and give him courage against these scourge vermin, but Clem feels no imbuement.

Clive sees another rat emerge from the Rats nest. That makes 4 rats, one away from a pack (see Pic 2).

The Hell Vermin scoots across the open area to where the lead pack is just entering the woods to their front. The Hell vermin wants to keep these fellow nest mates under control and not let their natural instincts have them rush off at the hunan intruders.  Clive spots the Hell Vermin and takes an alert shot at the beast, but misses. (see Pic 3 for end of turn)

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 11:23:21 PM »
Turn 3

Clive gets the team to rearrange their positions in preparation for the upcomming fight.  They wait, but nothing comes charging out at them (see Pic 1).

No rats emerge from the nest.

They pack moves slightly forward, but stays within the wood out of sight of the humans with their nasty boom stingers.  The hell Vermin's 2 pairs of ears heard the striking of a match and knew that these humans had some of the great boomers so made sure the packmates did not put themselves into to much danger (see Pic 2).

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2016, 04:22:09 AM »
Turn 4

Joseph senses the surge of evil eminating from the woods and calls out to Clive to say that he thinks the rats will be charging them soon. Clive tells Clem to throw the dynamite at into the woods where Joseph is pointing. Clem is very nervous about this imminent rat attack and flubs his toss of the dynamite, The dynamite lands in the middle of the space between the hill and the woods not doing any damage at all (see Pic 1),  The pack does get alarmed from this fire-explosion, but the Hell Vermin squeaks out his demands to hold firm, which they do. Clive gets out his fighting knife and Joseph gets out his tomahawk in preparation for the forthcoming melee (Clive wishes he still had his left hand and thus could take a shot at the rats as they approached). Padre Pedro continues his prayer of blessing for Clem, but still there seems to be no imbuement.

No rat emerges again this turn from the nest.

The Hell Vermin squeaks out the command to charge and the pack surges out of the woods and heads straight for the one they sense with the aura of command.  Clem, seeing the rats, falls to the ground in terror (face up from psychology test). The pack contacts Clive and they enter melee. Clive's knife flashes back and forth as the pack rats leap at him. Neither side gets the advantage and fight will continue on. (see Pic 2).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:43:57 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2016, 04:46:30 AM »
Turn 5

The rats get the first blow in causing Clive one wound (see Pic 1).

Since Clive is engaged in melee, he cannot command

Joseph sees that Clive will need help and charges down the hill into the pack.  He swings his tomahawk back and forth but the rats dodge his swings.  They are unable to get grip of Joseph either.

The rat pack continues to focus their attention on Clive and succeeds in getting a 2nd wound on him. (see Pic 2).

A rat emerges from the nest. This completes a new pack.

The nest mind has the new pack move off to join their nest mates in the defense of their home (see Pic 3).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:50:37 AM by Litebrite »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2016, 05:26:22 AM »
Turn 6

Joseph continues his assault on the rats to take the pressure off Clive and succeedes in knocking unconscious one of the rats of the pack (face down -- see Pic 1)

Clive feels the surge of adrenaline and successfully strikes killing blows on the one downed rat and another of its pack-mates (Critical hit with two wounds damage and using my house rule -- see Pic 2) .

Joseph steps to the fore and the rats fight back, but neither of them achieve a decisive hit.

The remaining rats of the pack meleeing hear the squeaks of the Hell Vermin and focus on Joseph. They successfully cause 2 wounds and he falls unconscious and out of the battle (minor wound). The Hell Vermin has the new pack move around the left side of the woods to get into the action faster as he moves up to the edge of the woods so that he can get into the action himself (see Pic 3).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:36:02 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Big Frank

• Scientist
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2016, 03:01:06 PM »
Great bat reps and excellent fluff.

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
Thanks Big Frank.

Turn 7

Clive gets enraged from Joeseph falling and delivers a killing blow onto another rat of the pack (since the pack is now down to 2 figures, it is no longer a pack).
(see Pic 1)

Padre Pedro really puts his will and belief into the prayer and Clive feels his  resolve become stronger (successful blessing which decreases his resolve to 2+).

One of the 2 remaining rats from the pack continues its attack against Clive and successfully gets a 3rd wound on Clive, who falls to ground seriously injured. Padre Pedro and Clem both keep their wits about themselves (see Pic 2).

No Rat emerges from the nest.

The Hell Vermin squeaks its command for the remaining pack to charge the human on the hill. The pack charges up the hill into contact with Padre Pedro.  The Padre swings his large metal crucifix back and forth fending off the rats as he continues to scream out his ferverent prayer to god to damn these things from the pit of hell (see Pic 3). The Hell Vermin charges out to take care of the puny human laying on the ground.  Clem sees this larger 2-headed rat coming at him and steels his nerves. But the Hell Vermin has the upper hand and causes a serious wound to Clem (see Pic 4). Padre Pedro realizes that he is the last of the team, He is scarred, but still resolute. (see Pic 5 for the end of Turn 7)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 05:54:16 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2016, 07:03:14 PM »
Turn 8

The rats of the pack all jump at the same time onto Padre Pedro, He falls backwards while screaming an abnormally loud "ARGHHHHHHHH" in defiance. His head strikes a rock and he is knocked unconscious (see Pic 1)

The scenario ended with a Threshold loss again

Epilogue

Unknown to Clive and the team, their courage and the unswerving faith of Padre Pedro had inspired the townsfolk (about 25 men) to follow the team at a respectful distance with whatever hand weapons/tools they could scrounge up.  When the mayor of the town saw Padre Pedro assailed by the rats and fall screaming, he shouted to his men "Charge my friends for the glory of God and our town".  The townsmen sweep into the rats that are surrounding the courageous Threshold team and after a fairly short fight they have killed all the hellspawn rats (suffering some casualties though).  Once the fight was concluded, they begin ministering aid to the fallen team heros,  About half the townsmen carry on to the rat's nest and light fires around it to stop any rats from sallying forth.

When Clem awakens, he is taken to the Rat's Nest with the assistance of some of the townsmen. He instructs the townsmen where and how to set up the dynamite charges for maximum effect against the Rat's Nest. Everyone there moves back and Clem ignites the charge.  The ground shakes under the men's feet and a a huge sink hole appeares.  The Nest has been destroyed.

After a week of convalescing at the mill owners home,the team is finally ready to carry on to their original objective location (The destroyed Fort). What evil will they find there? The journey's end will be sure to let them know.

The post battle wound resolutions still need to be concluded (although there was no deaths for the team). The next scenario's title is: STONE AND WIND

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:54:32 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2016, 06:17:00 PM »
I just thought that a orientation map of the area that this campaign is going on would help those who do not own the Shadows of Brimstone game.  Please note that my campaign is taking place prior to the destruction of Brimstone.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:19:27 PM by Litebrite »

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2016, 04:06:10 AM »
Nothing like a little deus ex to keep the team (and the narrative :) ) going.  I figure once I have everything painted as I want it and try to make my own AARs I'll roll the dice as I normally do and kill my team before I even get to tell a story  :) .  Really nice and the map is cool too. 

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2016, 01:45:34 PM »
Thanks HP  :)

My buddy rolled extremely well for the Injuries for the seriously wounded figures.  Clive sustained a leg wound so his Movement is -1. Clem made a full recovery.  Padre Pedro actually gained the skill of "Tough" for free (When selecting skills while our team members are campaigning, both of us have agreed that we will always select one that is as appropriate as possible to the actions that occured in the scenario). Padre Pedro also gained 1 Black Mark. Joseph having only had a minor wound fully recovered.

A new SOB Lurker for the upcomming scenario:

DARK STONE BRUTE  BP Cost: 8 - Maximum of 3 on the Table.

M      D       C     A     W      R
4       5+    6/8   2      2      3+
Weapons: Stone Punch CCB +2 Dmg 1D+3
Skills: None
Dark Stone Rating: 1/figure that contacts. This is for my new Corruption/Mutation rule

Specials:
Whirling Arm Sweep Smash:
If there is more than one enemy figure in contact with the Dark Stone Brute, the Lurker player selects the primary target for the attack. Then rolls a die for each other enemy figure in contact. If the result is a 5 or 6, that figure is attacked as well (with a normal number of attack dice).

Add Ons:
Rock Hand Spikes
(+2 BP) The fused dark stone is spiked on his stone fist. Add +1 to DMG and he acquires AP 1.

Dark Stone Rage (+2 BP) Before each melee attack, roll a die. If the result is a 5 or 6, the figure gains an additional attack die for the attack.

Heavy Stone (+4 BP) The figure gets +1 wound.

I have added this new Lurker to the list in the first post of this thread,

Stone and Wind Lurker List

Total BPs: 17+10+10= 37

1 x Wendigo 17 BPs (with the skill Command added)
1 x Dark Stone Brute @ 10 BPs (with Dark Stone Rage added)
1 x Dark Stone Brute @ 10 BPs (with  Rock Hand Spikes added)

Free Plot Point: Twisted Fate
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:55:15 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »
It has been some time since the last episode of our courageous team.  While convalescing, I built some building (ruins that you see in the pic) and trees (the tall ones).  I also painted up the UM Wendigo and the Dark Stone Brutes that you will see in the scenario pics. I still am unable to get around, but my buddy agreed to come over to my home later today and play the scenario. Here are the pictures of the terrain I setup for the scenario Stone and Wind.

:)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2016, 04:22:17 AM »
Looks great!  Even with limited mobility you seem to be far better at producing fully realized terrain projects than me  :-[.  Looking forward to having a gander at the wendigo and stone brutes.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »
Good to see you are still at it despite life difficulties.
That is a characterful scene that you have set up there.
 :-* :-*

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2016, 06:14:20 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement gents.  Well on with the scenario

The trip from Seto's Mill to the area of the ruined fort was uneventful.  As they reach the top of a ridge line, they can see the devastation of the fort and its neighbouring village in the valley.  Joseph upon seeing the view feels a sudden sense of evil emanate from the fort's area and he realizes that they are about to encounter an ancient evil of his people.  His will is steadied by a comforting presence that he realizes can only be the spirits of his ancestors providing him support. He announces to the rest of the group his feelings, "An ancient evil is here to challenge us".  

Upon hearing Joseph's words, Padre Pedro begins reciting the psalm "Yeah, thou I walk into the valley of the shadow of death.....".

Clem whispers to himself, "I hope it's not rats".

Clive shrugs his shoulders and says "There is only a few hours of light remaining so lets get to it then. No need to let those that  lurk below wait for our cleansing retribution."

As they approach the outskirts of the village, their horses suddenly become very skittish and refuse to go any further onward. The group dismounts, tie up the horses and proceed the rest of the way on foot. The area is very silent (no animal sounds at all) and only the wind through the branches of the trees can be heard.  They arrive at the outskirts of the village and can see that a number of building have signs of explosion and fire damage ahead of them. The wind dies down and the air is still, and it seems to be waiting in baited breath for what is about to happen.

Lurker player wins the initiative  and sets up his three lurkers near the rock pile (see Pic 1), Clive and his party set up on the road on the opposite (east) side (See Pic 2).