Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AAR ambushing GM100  (Read 1757 times)

Offline seamoose

• Bookworm
    • Ain't over til I'm out of plastic
AAR ambushing GM100
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:32:43 AM »
a quick AAR of a skirmish between an element of gm100 and ambushing viet minh units
http://aotiop.blogspot.com/2015/04/ambushing-gm100.html

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: AAR ambushing GM100
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:06:30 PM »
Enjoyed your AAR.
Love Red Star figures.
Have a few myself.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline seamoose

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 04:29:02 PM »
Thanks

hopefully by the time i do the next report i'll have all the figures finished so that they can really live up to their potential

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:01:42 PM »

Nice battle report (but I really dislike the flipped over figures, it ruin the atmosphere). Your Vietminh look magnificent.

The GM100 has no legion units...  8) There was the Batallion de Coree, a Battalion de Marche from the 43me RiC (Infanterie Coloniale) and the 520me TDQK (Vietnamese light infantry). You got the stuart right (some people put M24) but is not even sure they were in the road (technically they were part of the Pleiku Garrison and only used toward the end of the ordeal, but Fall, for his own devious designs put them in the column earlier). They were part of the 5me Royale Pologne (because once was "owned" by the last king of Poland), once the 5th Cuirassier and one of the regiment that Murat led in the mass charge at Eylau.
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline seamoose

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 03:50:23 AM »
I'll refrain from flipped over models in the future but thanks for the compliment on the VM. I know that the majority of GM100 were the troops from korea but i could have sworn i read somewhere that parts of II/5 REI were involved but that may have just been from poor sources...

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:29:18 PM »
The figure flipping is a thing of mine, a lot of people are fine with them. It started while playing a game and having someone flipping all the destroyed tanks... it was awful... they were like dead insects.  I do not understand why someone tries to create a illusion of reality with excellent scenery and excellent painting (as in your case) and then having the scary flipping over especially because for some strange reasons casualties always happens in specific spots.

I think someone confused the III/5me Cuir "Royal Pologne", with the 5me REI.

Do not worry too much! The episode is often riddled with errors and for some strange reasons has always been blown out of proportions (the GM-100 was still combat capable even if suffered serious losses, thus never being destroyed, but Fall has overblown it... yes I do not like Fall too much.)