Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kill la Kill in 15mm  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Jakar Nilson

• Scientist
    • My DeviantArt portfolio
Kill la Kill in 15mm
« on: April 07, 2015, 03:30:38 AM »
When I sculpted the first set of 15mm.co.uk's Sengoku Fantasy range back in the fall/winter of 2013, I was watching a new anime that was airing at the time: Kill la Kill. From Studio Trigger, founded by former Gainax employees who created FLCL, Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking, it was about a girl searching for his father's killer, a search that led her to a school run as a dictatorship by the student council, all thanks to powerful goku uniforms. Needless to say, when I was looking for inspiration for the hairstyle of one of the school girls, I didn't have to look far.

So once the miniatures were in production, I thought of converting two of the figures into the protagonist Ryuuko Matoi and her nemesis, Honnoji Academy's student president Satsuki Kiryuin.

The conversions for Ryuuko were fairly simple, although the handle of the scissor blade took some time. Lady Satsuki's head, however, was too big, but thatwas for another time.

The next member of the student council I worked on was Ira Gamagori, the head of the disciplinary committee. Since the one constant thing about him was the he was always bigger than you, I used a 28mm Heroclix fig as the basis for him.

For a long time, those three were it. But then last month, I decided I was going to run a convention game with them, set during the Natural Elections arc, so I needed to do the rest of the student council: Hoka Inumuta, head of the information and strategy committee, Nonon Jakuzure, head of the cultural committee, and Uzu Sanageyama, head of the athletic committee.

It was after I took these pictures that I resculpted Lady Satsuki's head.

A couple group shots of them painted, in character:

And from all angles, left to right: Satsuki Kiryuin, Nonon Jakuzure, Ira Gamagori, Ryuuko Matoi, Uzu Sanageyama and Hoka Inumuta.

Read "Alfie's Tenners", appearing in Aurora magazine!
Expand your GK forces with cardboard models, available on DriveThruRPG!http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4773_4902
Your ad here, for a low price!