Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:24:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690678
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) winter war kickstarter  (Read 3168 times)

Offline draxx66

• Bookworm
(COMMERCIAL) winter war kickstarter
« on: April 11, 2015, 04:39:48 PM »
I'm making this request on behalf of one of our club members. When the winter war kick-starter started three of our club (myself included) signed up, myself and one other have received all the items in the pledge but one club member is still waiting for the items, he hasn't received anything at all.

He has tried e-mailing, sending messages via kick-starter but has to date has received no answer.

We were wondering if anybody has heard anything about Baker Company and if they are having problems, being in the middle of the north sea, we are kind of isolated and so there isn't the usual link to any grapevine.

Posting here and on other forums might be our only way of finding out what's going on.

So I would like to thank in advance for any helpful replies.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
Re: winter war kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 06:26:46 PM »
I was giving them the benefit of the doubt but he has stopped answering emails for nearly two months now.  Someone has posted they received something the other week but some of the castings were very poor.  We may end up getting our stuff but I have lost hope

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Re: (COMMERCIAL) winter war kickstarter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 12:24:24 AM »
I heard (on Frothers I think) that he was having troubles because he had basically given too much away on the Kickstarter and with postage on multiple parcels added onto it he is trying but money is a factor. I got all of mine and added the Komsomelett later which hasn't arrived. I have passed a message stating I will send some postage for it but haven't heard anything as yet. I don't have a problem myself as I understand his issues but feel for those that have had no updates.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 06:03:58 PM »
I heard (on Frothers I think) that he was having troubles because he had basically given too much away on the Kickstarter and with postage on multiple parcels added onto it he is trying but money is a factor. I got all of mine and added the Komsomelett later which hasn't arrived. I have passed a message stating I will send some postage for it but haven't heard anything as yet. I don't have a problem myself as I understand his issues but feel for those that have had no updates.

Unfortunately he seems to be just ignoring his backers which is a good way to ruin a reputation.  They are not far from where I live so will have to go round at some point.  I know I won't back another kickstarter from them or buy anything from Baker Company in the future  :(

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
Does KS not have something to support the buyers on this kind of issue? I plan on doing one in the near future but i wouldn't hate to think that people who pledged towards my project got let down and lost out on their money.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:12:05 PM »
Does anyone know of anyone who has had there pledges delivered this year?  Still no updates or responses to emails.  I am considering paying baker company a visit as they are not too far away from me.

Offline Nysse

• Scientist
    • Engineered Gaming
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »
There was one guy on the Kickstarter Comments page who got his pledge in about two weeks back. So Gav is still shipping stuff out. At what pace is unknown.
Chronicling my fight against a growing lead pile with some occasional gaming: Engineered Gaming