Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691142
  • Total Topics: 118376
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gaming James Bond?  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
Re: Gaming James Bond?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to receiving these minis :) When do you expect the commando types will be ready for?

They got sent off to the sculptor quite a while ago so should be ready soon. If you are of a certain age you may recognise their inspiration. I've ensured one of them at least will have a beard. They are similar to TNT Thompson but in rolled up wooly hats. 
"Morning!"

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »
They got sent off to the sculptor quite a while ago so should be ready soon. If you are of a certain age you may recognise their inspiration. I've ensured one of them at least will have a beard. They are similar to TNT Thompson but in rolled up wooly hats. 

Shall look forward to seeing them :D

Offline james

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 06:13:12 AM »
I use the Old TSR Top Secret rules you can buy on Ebay. The hand to hand and small arms combat is very very good. i use it for Skirmish and with Role play.

Best

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
Hi Blofeld,
Yes the rules can handle 1 agent with a few assistants vs a much larger force. The campaign system allows a figure to advance through character levels in order to reach Super Agent status. There are rules for frogmen, setting up secret bases, traps, car chases, helicopters and jet packs, spy gadgets, disguises and lots more.
Currently being sculpted are a team of commando types with wooly jumpers and wooly hats.
Keep meaning to pick Geezers Royale up. Will they be available at Salute? I putting on a James Bond (skiing) game there with Maidstone Wargames Society.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:49:30 PM by Commander Roj »

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 01:02:49 PM »
By the way, for those who like 15mm, we have a range as well:

http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/60s-spy.html

I much prefer 15mm for my own gaming. Is it likely the spy Fi range will expand? I am looking forward to seeing your Arctic troops for some spy Fi scenarios.

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 05:05:08 AM »
I was thinking about making some Turkish henchmen in suits and fezes with mp40s, that's pretty 60s. :-)

Any other ideas on expansion?
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 08:24:58 PM »
I was thinking about making some Turkish henchmen in suits and fezes with mp40s, that's pretty 60s. :-)

Any other ideas on expansion?

I need look no further, and with envious eyes, at the various 25+mm ranges. In fairness, it's usually the character pieces I yearn for. You have shown how figures like your exobiologist can capture a well known character perfectly. So options and poses for various incarnations of spies from different organisations. In addition some more bodies, a large, steel toothed assassin, a figure with a robot/drill attachments too, hand. Ninjas with modern weapons. And various additional female characters, some armed and dangerous, some just alluring. Most of all, scuba divers (including female charachter scuba diver) with scooters, and maybe even mini subs. Armed Scuba figures on land. I'd also like jet skis too. I know that these may not be mainstream/viable, that of course has to be your decision, but I would love to see them nevertheless.

Seems like you are already going for some arctic figures, but spies in the snow and skiiers/skidoo a would be good. I would have put some of the snow stuff first but I have some for a 28mm game at Salute. Took a lot of conversion work too. I'd still like to see some alpine Arctic in 15mm though!