Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:38:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "The Devil's Playground" - A Pike & Shotte supplement  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Kings Curse

• Assistant
"The Devil's Playground" - A Pike & Shotte supplement
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:41:36 AM »
I didn't see this covered anywhere else on the site, so for those who's missed it, Warlord Games will be releasing the Pike & Shotte supplement "The Devil's Playground" this month. It's been up for pre-order for about two weeks.

http://www.warlordgames.com/pre-order-the-devils-playground-pike-shotte-supplement/

"The Thirty Years War was a series of conflicts that ravaged large areas of Europe, especially the German provinces, from 1618 to 1648. These conflicts centred on the Habsburg Holy Roman Emperors, Ferdinand II and Ferdinand III, and their opponents. Although viewed by many as a religious war between Catholic and Protestant nations, its roots and causes were also politically motivated. The combination of religious fervour and the political ambition of the European superpowers were to pit vast armies and mighty leaders against each other. The devastation caused by decades of fighting had truly turned Europe into the ‘Devil’s Playground’.

This supplement for Pike & Shotte describes the history, armies, personalities and battles of the Thirty Years War. Included are scenarios based on some of the famous battles and army lists for the main protagonists."

I don't game the Thirty Years War so I won't pick it up immediately myself, but it's always nice when Warlord drop a new book. Anyone planning on getting it? An incentive might be the appropriately named exclusive miniature, "Count Von Hosenschlange"

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: "The Devil's Playground" - A Pike & Shotte supplement
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »
A brief early mention of the figures here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=73984.0
From a few months back.

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »
Looks like a nice miniature for a giveaway but what's that on the inside of his cloak,can't quite make it out ?

Offline Tordenskjold

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:58:36 AM »
Looks like a nice miniature for a giveaway but what's that on the inside of his cloak,can't quite make it out ?

It's a parrying dagger, a little hard to make out.

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 07:07:32 AM »
Aha ! Now I see it,thanks Tordenskjold  :)

Offline mikeland

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 11:11:15 AM »
I love the give away mini, but not sure if I really want the book. I have P&S but rarely play... :-/

Offline Kings Curse

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 12:13:08 PM »
It's a parrying dagger, a little hard to make out.

Ah, of course it is. I didn't catch that first either.

I love the give away mini, but not sure if I really want the book. I have P&S but rarely play... :-/

Yup, same situation here.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »
Ah, of course it is. I didn't catch that first either.

Yup, same situation here.

I'd recommend it, I didn't like the main black powder rule set, the supplements really fix all the flaws and make the settings come to life, I got the Sudan, Zulu and war of independence supplements and they really turned me to those settings, plenty of historical info/painted minis in side as well.

Offline Kings Curse

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 10:25:51 AM »
I'd recommend it, I didn't like the main black powder rule set, the supplements really fix all the flaws and make the settings come to life, I got the Sudan, Zulu and war of independence supplements and they really turned me to those settings, plenty of historical info/painted minis in side as well.

Got your hands on the book?