Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:51:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690532
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15cm sFH Lorraines, 21st PD finished  (Read 105375 times)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
Re: This weeks prints 14/04/23
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2023, 06:54:24 AM »
I sometimes have the same problem with my pictures on here, but I am not down under lol
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2023, 08:44:34 AM »
I am insanely jealous just how big and fantastic a collection you are amassing.  Have you worked out by any chance what the average cost to print each vehicle is yet?

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2023, 02:10:22 PM »
I am insanely jealous just how big and fantastic a collection you are amassing.  Have you worked out by any chance what the average cost to print each vehicle is yet?
Pretty cheap, a couple of bucks per vehicle.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #453 on: April 15, 2023, 10:53:53 AM »
Hi guys

Doing some work on the gun tractors and 251s, should I use the sdkfz 11 or the Krupps to tow the Hungarian 75mm Skodas? The Hungarians used both, but the Sdkfz seems overkill for a 75mm, Yes, I realise the Skodas have spoked wheels, so should be horse drawn, I’m going to ignore that.

Adding some crew and stowage to the 251s, I’ll need to pick up some AA crew, for the 251/17, and I’ll need to convert the crew for the 251/16, give them protective hoods, have undercoated the vehicles ready for base coating.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/wip-gun-tractors-and-sdkfz-251s.html

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: WIP gun tractors and 251s
« Reply #454 on: April 15, 2023, 11:21:24 AM »
I agree with you, the Sdkfz look like overkill for the small 75mm. Only one thing to do, print more Krupp Protze, and some larger guns for the Sdkfz to tow...  :)
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #455 on: April 15, 2023, 11:50:40 AM »
I agree with you, the Sdkfz look like overkill for the small 75mm. Only one thing to do, print more Krupp Protze, and some larger guns for the Sdkfz to tow...  :)
Yep, that’ll fix it, as it so happens I have another set of Krupps printing as we speak 😂

Offline Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #456 on: April 15, 2023, 12:25:11 PM »
Very nice, are the gun crew all Simons Soldiers?

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #457 on: April 15, 2023, 01:17:13 PM »
Very nice, are the gun crew all Simons Soldiers?
Yes

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #458 on: April 16, 2023, 06:24:23 AM »
 Hi guys

Trying out an old technique, but a new one for me, at least one I haven’t done since the early 2000s, pretty simple really, just rattle canning the base coat, I’ve had an airbrush for a long time and usually airbrush my base coats, but I felt like trying something new, here I’ve used Tamiya dark yellow, German grey and olive drab, I undercoated black (rattlecan) let dry, then applied the base coat. They turned out OK, and will be a good start for working on.

I tested a Hungarian car with the olive drab, but wasn’t happy with the colour, so I masked of some camo and over sprayed in dark yellow, hadn’t planned on using this style so didn’t buy a brown for a 3 tone camo, so this guy will stay green/yellow, it turned out OK, so I’ll be grabbing a brown for 3 tone later, it will go to my Luftwaffe troops maybe, I’ll try some different greens for the Hungarian base coat.

I’ll use this technique maybe every 3rd batch just to change it up a bit.

I was expecting the German grey to be a bit darker, but was pleasantly surprised to see they came out lighter than expected which will be easier for me to work with, I like some variation in shades and tones so will use filters to achieve that.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/testing-out-some-alternative-painting.html

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
Re: Trying out a new (for me) technique
« Reply #459 on: April 16, 2023, 07:09:05 AM »
Hey Gunner
I think they came out quite good.
I use rattle can for undercoat & basecoat both for minis & vehicles as I think the paint is stronger ( though obviously one has to be careful how many layers are done). Then its washes, airbrush etc.
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #460 on: April 16, 2023, 11:01:25 AM »
The Tamiya rattle cans are remarkably good for base coating. It's pretty much my go to for the job, albeit I tend to prime with  a generic grey primer that Bunnings sell for about a fiver a can.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #461 on: April 16, 2023, 11:18:42 AM »
Good progress, but sadly there are some problems, I hope it is still not beyond correction :)
Hungarian army bought the SdKfz11s for the Göring 105mm guns, occasionally also used for the 40mm Bofors AA cannons too. The upper part of the Hungarian SdKfz11s were produced in Hungary in the Uhri factory, it was a unique half-plateau version with an unique driver cab. Other SdKfz11 versions were not used. This is my 1/35 model (I had to scratchbuild  the upper parts, I can send you some reference pictures, not too hard to do).

The 37mms and the Nebelwerfers were towed by Krupp Protzes, some of these also had Hungarian-built superstructure, but here the German versions are also OK. 75mms and other ww1 relics were towed by horse-drawn limbers, no school like the old school.

Hungarian army had its own three-colour camo pattern, green base with big yellow and dark brown spots. There is an official set for this from MiG, I use Tamiya NATO Green, Tamiya Dark Yellow, and for the brown there are some variations, basically it was an almost-black dark colour (Tamiya Tire Black), but sometimes lighter browns were also used. Some vehicles were plain green, some others kept the original german Dunkelgrau (mostly trucks, also some of the Protzes), but Hungarian-made or modified vehicles usually had the Hungarian camo pattern. SdKfz11s all had it, I have one picture from one with white winter camo. Here is my 1/35 Toldi, maybe the colour is showing better,  tanks came in camo and in plain green too.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #462 on: April 16, 2023, 11:36:50 AM »
Love the truck under attack by giant slugs. Thought you were going into alternative WW2 territory there  ;)

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #463 on: April 17, 2023, 12:45:09 AM »
Good progress, but sadly there are some problems, I hope it is still not beyond correction :)
Hungarian army bought the SdKfz11s for the Göring 105mm guns, occasionally also used for the 40mm Bofors AA cannons too. The upper part of the Hungarian SdKfz11s were produced in Hungary in the Uhri factory, it was a unique half-plateau version with an unique driver cab. Other SdKfz11 versions were not used. This is my 1/35 model (I had to scratchbuild  the upper parts, I can send you some reference pictures, not too hard to do).

The 37mms and the Nebelwerfers were towed by Krupp Protzes, some of these also had Hungarian-built superstructure, but here the German versions are also OK. 75mms and other ww1 relics were towed by horse-drawn limbers, no school like the old school.

Hungarian army had its own three-colour camo pattern, green base with big yellow and dark brown spots. There is an official set for this from MiG, I use Tamiya NATO Green, Tamiya Dark Yellow, and for the brown there are some variations, basically it was an almost-black dark colour (Tamiya Tire Black), but sometimes lighter browns were also used. Some vehicles were plain green, some others kept the original german Dunkelgrau (mostly trucks, also some of the Protzes), but Hungarian-made or modified vehicles usually had the Hungarian camo pattern. SdKfz11s all had it, I have one picture from one with white winter camo. Here is my 1/35 Toldi, maybe the colour is showing better,  tanks came in camo and in plain green too.

Hi Freddy, sorry for the confusion, my plans often change rapidly with new info, I’ve actually allocated the 11s to 1 of my German units, hence the dark yellow, the 75mm Skodas will now have horse teams.
I’ve already started painting Hungarian vehicles, here’s some pics, but nice pic of their 11, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 12:50:16 AM by Gunner Dunbar »

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #464 on: April 17, 2023, 01:26:01 PM »
Hi guys

I’ve printed up some Pz IV Ds and Es, I’m very grateful for all the efforts of the designers of these STLs, however due to being designed for smaller scales often the details are chunky, there was also a slight error with the D turret side hatches, 2 door instead of 1, I didn’t notice this error until after I had printed, so to fix I removed and printed the door on its own, cut off the 2 doors, and glued the single door on, I drilled the barrels, and replaced the coaxial MG, I will also replace the hull MG, then add stowage, they will be painted as DaK vehicles for a friend.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/starting-some-pz-iv-ds-and-es.html