Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:17:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690986
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15cm sFH Lorraines, 21st PD finished  (Read 106112 times)

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: On the work bench
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2023, 06:35:44 AM »
 Hi guys

First test print of 3 German artillery limbers, Field limber 18 (spoked wheels), light field howitzer limber 18 (pressed wheels), and the field howitzer limber 98, they need a little work on some parts like the back rests that are to thin and have warped, also printed 1 of the solid cab Hansa-Lloyds designed for wargamers who like  solid cabs, I’ll work on these over the next few days, the limbers will be release sometime next week as a pack, I will also work on a limber pole for 4 or 6 horse teams, and will be found on my shop sight. My shop
https://www.wargaming3d.com/vendor/dan-dunbar/
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/06/1st-test-print-wwii-german-artillery.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: 1st test print German artillery limbers
« Reply #556 on: June 12, 2023, 06:24:51 AM »
 Hi guys

3 x German artillery limbers, Field limber 18 (spoked wheels), light field howitzer limber 18 (pressed wheels), and the field howitzer limber 98 are now available in my shop, link below, I’ve also done a test print of the limber for the anti aircraft wagon, it’s the one with the rubber tyres, it will be included with the AA set, not with the arty limbers set, however the next progression, now that I’ve done the rubber tyres would be the Hf.7 wagon. Physical prints can be obtained by emailing me at Dan.dunbar@hotmail.com

The next question is should I continue with releasing new models/files? Whilst comments and interactions are pretty positive it unfortunately isn’t translating into sales (17 sales in total across 5 products, in the past month, whilst the free Hf2 wagon has been downloaded 507 on its own) what is the general consensus? It’s a catch 22 situation, producers of models release endless streams of Tigers and panthers because they sell, and vehicle like this are left un produced, people say they want to see all these wholes in the market filled, but when they are produced they are ignored, continue or not? I was planning on producing French, Soviet and Hungarian horse drawn equipment, but I suspect they would sell much worse than these German ones, I would like some feed back because I’m seriously considering changing something.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/06/3x-german-artillery-limbers-now.html

Offline SpaceCudet

• Assistant
    • MappingBoard
Re: 3x German artillery limbers now available
« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2023, 11:48:24 AM »
Funnily enough I was just listening to the Painting Phase with Annie from Bad Squiddo Games talking about exactly the same problem.

I hate to say this because I would love the see more but I think you can only justify making more if you want them for your own games or just want to know that they exist in the world and see any money made as a bonus. The soviet one might be viable but I can't see the others shifting many units.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2023, 10:32:58 PM »
Funnily enough I was just listening to the Painting Phase with Annie from Bad Squiddo Games talking about exactly the same problem.

I hate to say this because I would love the see more but I think you can only justify making more if you want them for your own games or just want to know that they exist in the world and see any money made as a bonus. The soviet one might be viable but I can't see the others shifting many units.
Yeah, I’m thinking the same, my main issue is the stress involved in producing something for others, if I’m only doing it for myself, there’s no stress, I can go at my own pace, if there’s a fault in a print, I’ll just add a little green stuff or plasticard to fix etc, but producing something for others becomes stressful, I don’t want to put something out that’s not as perfect as I can get it, and it almost feels selfish to just produce things like this just for myself, I’m sort of drawn to releasing it to the hobby community for others to enjoy, I could give it away, but that won’t alleviate the stresses involved, and the capitalist in me thinks you can at least pay the price of a happy meal for the work I put in. But then why bother with all of that if nobody wants what is being produced, in the end I guess it’s just about managing my expectations, it’s one of those hobby things, the energy/time required to produce these models needs enthusiasm to drive it along, yes, everything I produce is for my own collection, but I could quite easily put it aside, reach over and grab one of the 500+ kits in my stash and start building, that’s also for my collection.

Offline SpaceCudet

• Assistant
    • MappingBoard
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2023, 10:45:44 AM »
I understand completely - I've done various side gigs over the years and they invariably cause more stress than they are worth. I made the mistake of writing an application to help with my wife's work at a school - which got me roped into writing 2 more applications and because the first was needed quickly and was hacked together I ended up completely rewriting it to be able to implement all the feature requests. So one quick favour has basically eaten 2 years of my hobby time.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2023, 10:20:26 PM »
I understand completely - I've done various side gigs over the years and they invariably cause more stress than they are worth. I made the mistake of writing an application to help with my wife's work at a school - which got me roped into writing 2 more applications and because the first was needed quickly and was hacked together I ended up completely rewriting it to be able to implement all the feature requests. So one quick favour has basically eaten 2 years of my hobby time.
Damn

Online MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #561 on: June 15, 2023, 06:36:29 PM »
Producing and selling anything turns a hobby into a business and suddenly everything changes! Some of us can succeed, but many get an aversion to HAVING to do something. It becomes work. Takes away your choice. Creating and selling the STLs seems like an excellent option. I don't know how much work is involved in keeping up your files on wargaming3D, but I would love to keep collecting your creations! I'm waiting to afford my 3D printer, but I've still managed to collect more STL files than I may ever print. But I still collect them!
I hope you continue, but I understand if you choose not to continue.
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #562 on: June 15, 2023, 10:26:57 PM »
Producing and selling anything turns a hobby into a business and suddenly everything changes! Some of us can succeed, but many get an aversion to HAVING to do something. It becomes work. Takes away your choice. Creating and selling the STLs seems like an excellent option. I don't know how much work is involved in keeping up your files on wargaming3D, but I would love to keep collecting your creations! I'm waiting to afford my 3D printer, but I've still managed to collect more STL files than I may ever print. But I still collect them!
I hope you continue, but I understand if you choose not to continue.
Once they are in the shop there’s no more work, just creating them, but it’s a fair amount of work on top of my regular work, and it’s taking up pretty much all my free time, maybe I’ll just slow down.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #563 on: June 16, 2023, 12:09:01 PM »
 Hi guys

Getting through my supply wagon train, the driver figures are simple, but don’t look to bad painted up (still WIP) test fitting some figures for the limbers and 88, I’ll need to do head swaps for the 88 crew to side caps or helmets. Need to work on some guns for the limbers now.
STLs can be found in my shop, email Dan.Dunbar@hotmail.com for physical prints.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/06/wip-german-supply-wagons.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: WIP German supply wagon train
« Reply #564 on: June 18, 2023, 06:39:17 AM »
 Hi guys

Preparing to do a first test print of a Pak 38, just awaiting a resin delivery, a collaborative effort between another hobby supplier and myself, theirs is still a ways of, due to the mould making process, they supplied a fairly basic single piece model, which I detailed and split up for mould making ti be released as a metal kit in 1/56 scale, I’m allowed usage at 1/72 or smaller, I do plan on releasing more guns in the future.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/06/pak-38.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Pak 38
« Reply #565 on: June 19, 2023, 09:52:32 AM »
Hi guys

Finally finished this supply wagon train, will be adding to it as I make new vehicles, AA, radio, MG wagons, to come, it’s been a long process, off to the cabinet now.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/06/germa-wwii-supply-wagon-train-finished.html

_iaeLk8saHtCmhsX05WA2L0cI55JkGE1Da7XHD5DtFBA3rAv1Hfjm-4JP73k31_6PsaeFBQ0jxSwAZ9/s3264/598306DE-2E0F-4785-91C0-65106EFBD390.jpeg[/img]

« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 09:54:53 AM by Gunner Dunbar »

Offline Dubar

• Scientist
Re: German supply wagon train finished
« Reply #566 on: June 19, 2023, 12:04:33 PM »
That's most impressive!!!  The forum needs a LIKE button!!!
The crow flies at midnight

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #567 on: June 19, 2023, 12:26:26 PM »
That's most impressive!!!  The forum needs a LIKE button!!!
I don’t really like “like” buttons, I prefer to talk to people, thanks for the comment though.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #568 on: June 19, 2023, 01:35:31 PM »
Great work on those very effective do like especially the field kitchen and ambulance wagons.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #569 on: June 19, 2023, 01:52:37 PM »
Outstanding design, print, build and paint.  A real labor of love. 
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com