Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vanvlak's patented steam-powered work & gaming transformer bench  (Read 998 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Now I know there's a thread for workbenches, and I had posted a pic of this; but I cleared the mess out a bit, and realised I had never shown it in transformer mode - there's more than meets the eye.

Here's the work surface:

Don't adjust your screen, it's actually the right side up. I don't live on the International Space Station or anywhere without orientation; the view results from angling to get any sight of Lead Painters League models out of the frame....I must have tilted myself more than I realised  :?
The work space is remarkably clear of stuff because it's my wife's end of the table... :D

Removing the old paint stations and the supplies in the middle, and then the top board, you get this:

Loads of storage which can be accessed from the sides when the top surface is in place - like an all-round shelf. Here you can see my paint and flock collection and other stuff. The two wooden slat towers support the top surface.

Clearing this space leaves this:

A gaming surface. It's small, 2' x 3', but usable for small games.

I can also remove the lower surface:

Voila': storage space.

As for the steam - well, to get enough energy to clear the decks for action (that is, to clear the surface to place a gaming surface and scenery) a steaming cup of coffee is needed, isn't it?
Or a cold Guinness....